Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Live timing - what's working, what isn't - feedback wanted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news LJus!

Will, I went back to the events to make sure I didn't overlook the fact we list pax times. (unless I am missing something again)

We have always been focused on actual time on our results, and while we list scoring based on pax times, this scoring is only done by class levels.. e.g. listing people in GT4 and their scoring ony with their peers OR list the top 10 competitors based on scoring.

I ,being from the slower group of cars, would be interested in knowing how I fit in the all the classes and competitors based solely on pax times if that makes sense?

While this should NOT be a priority on your time this year, it would be a good reason to set up the database in such a way that in future we could actually allow competitors to query their own information from the events.

I also recall that our previous timer came up with a report that showed the variance to targets and Pax to demonstrate that this PIP system used by the OTA is a fair system, curious how much work he needed to do and if a future database would help formulate those numbers.

Regardless, your efforts have substantially moved the needle on getting good live information.
    BadGer Racing:OTA#97 VW Passat, NB Miata, Infinity G35 6mt Coupe, Volvo C70 HP
    BRC Ice Racing #97

Comment

Originally posted by CarVolvo View Post
      Good news LJus!

Will, I went back to the events to make sure I didn't overlook the fact we list pax times. (unless I am missing something again)

We have always been focused on actual time on our results, and while we list scoring based on pax times, this scoring is only done by class levels.. e.g. listing people in GT4 and their scoring ony with their peers OR list the top 10 competitors based on scoring.

I ,being from the slower group of cars, would be interested in knowing how I fit in the all the classes and competitors based solely on pax times if that makes sense?

While this should NOT be a priority on your time this year, it would be a good reason to set up the database in such a way that in future we could actually allow competitors to query their own information from the events.

I also recall that our previous timer came up with a report that showed the variance to targets and Pax to demonstrate that this PIP system used by the OTA is a fair system, curious how much work he needed to do and if a future database would help formulate those numbers.

Regardless, your efforts have substantially moved the needle on getting good live information.
      So what you're asking for is full events PAX time list?
      Kevin Wong
      GT3 / STR / C-Stock Plus Honda S2000 #111
      2019 OTA Chief Timer

Comment

Originally posted by CarVolvo View Post
        Good news LJus!

Livetiming doesn't show anything overall at all, purely by class. Adding a new page that shows overall and allowing sorting by either raw or pax time would be very low effort. I didn't add it because the published results covered it (top 10 at least) and I was already super late delivering it (was supposed to be done for event 1). If that's valuable it can easily be added for next year.

There will never be an option for direct access to the database (purely for security reasons), but if there's a desire a read only analytical dashboard (like Qlik, Tableau, etc) could be added on top of it. They're not free, so OTA would have to see if there's value and find the money for it.

Comment

Little update (done a while ago): the links on the pages are now red, and underline when you hover over them. There's likely still a bigger UI improvement coming before next season, but in the worst case the links are now more obvious.

Comment

Working...
          X