Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this convertable allowed in time attack

Hey Weasels,

been a while, Is this roadster allowed in time attack? it has roll hoops above each seat. Hope every one is well and doing great. Its a 2012 SLS AMG. I sold my race car but this might be fun to blast round in.

Adam Hutchinson

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0344.JPG
Views:	182
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	457905

Hey, Adam! Your post is music to my ears, it’s been like 15 years since I’ve been called a weasel. Sweet ride. Where’s the chevydatsun of doom? Now if you could round up some of the old hada weasels we could clean the cobwebs off this board in no time. Hope to see you at the track (and mop it with you ) soon buddy. Cheers.
    Avi

Powered by Can Jam Motorsports
    sigpic
    Professional Data Recovery; 888-CALL-TIM, www.calltim.ca

Comment

Originally posted by 72 FORD View Post
      Hey Weasels,

been a while, Is this roadster allowed in time attack? it has roll hoops above each seat. Hope every one is well and doing great. Its a 2012 SLS AMG. I sold my race car but this might be fun to blast round in.

Adam Hutchinson

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0344.JPG
Views:	182
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	457905
      Hi Adam,

It will still need a CASC-OR approved roll bar unfortunately.

Kev
      Kevin Wong
      GT3 / STR / C-Stock Plus Honda S2000 #111
      2020 OTA Chief Timer

Comment

Hey AVI, I sold the 570sx of DOOM last year to a kid who is street driving it and has dreams of tracking it as well. Go figure. It was just collecting dust, so better that its being used kicking ass somewhere.

Hmm well that sucks.. no way is a roll bar going in the car. Too bad, it would have been a really fun car to time attack with.

Anyway..hope you guys are doing great, and keep burning up the track!!

Adam

Comment

That’s a shame, I would allow the convertible if it was up to me. My recollection from racing with you is that you were never upside down more than a few times, right? Anyway, still holding out hope that you will show up with something roofed (rooved?) one day and help us other dinosaurs show these tech savvy youths how we used to do it back in the day when men were men and marshals were nervous. Keep well Adam and don’t forget about us over here. Cheers.