Nissan Licences an Optimal Throttle System from Mikuni

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nissan Licences an Optimal Throttle System from Mikuni

Knowing multinationals and their make-work projects, I'd bet this works on electronic servo motors rather than with some springs:

http://green.autoblog.com/2010/11/24/nissan-mikuni-license-fuel-saving-eco-pedal-system/

We've been doing this kind of thing with traction limits for decades tho, no?
    Please PM for inquiries regarding the Shannonville Endurance Grand Prix Plenary Committee.

Re: Nissan Licences an Optimal Throttle System from Mikuni

I believe it's giving the driver some tactile feedback as to what they should be doing to improve mileage. So instead of remapping the throttle response to provide better economy (and less enjoyment), they give feedback that tells the driver that this is not the best way for economy, but at least the driver can override it by pressing harder on the pedal.

Interesting idea.
    '11 Red STI #373

Keep right except to pass.

Comment

my grandfathers 88' Moskvich had a crude AFR gauge in the instrument cluster, a needle bouncing between green yellow and red... keep in the green and you're, well, green!

This peddle thing seems to be another useless electronic gizmo waiting to break down, just make an AFR gauge standard equipment on all cars and be done with it.
      set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

Originally posted by dubya_rx View Post
        I believe it's giving the driver some tactile feedback as to what they should be doing to improve mileage. So instead of remapping the throttle response to provide better economy (and less enjoyment), they give feedback that tells the driver that this is not the best way for economy, but at least the driver can override it by pressing harder on the pedal.

Interesting idea.
        My '89 BMW 325i had that. I think they did it with springs, tho. Springs weigh less than servos and wiring...
        Please PM for inquiries regarding the Shannonville Endurance Grand Prix Plenary Committee.

Comment

Working...
        X