Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing Not Working

Mods,

There's something wrong with the edit tools. I'm trying to edit THIS post, but when I click on "Go Advanced," I end up at a "Page not found" page that is styled like the main CASC-OR website. I'm not sure if the link will work, but HERE it is. Even if I don't try to "Go Advanced," and just click on "Save," I end up at the same spot.
    TLMC Autoslalom Co-Director

Re: Editing Not Working

Very peculiar.

I just tried going to the post and was able to edit it using the Edit button in the lower right corner.

However, the URL of the edit button is not the same as the one you posted - yours has 'updatepost' as a parameter instead of 'editpost'

http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/editpos...tpost&p=254973

The reason you ended up at the 404 page you did is because the forums are a folder under www.casc.on.ca - if you try to go to a bad page address anywhere under that you get the 404 page from the main site.

Try again by going to the post and then using the edit button? Let me know if you are successful please?

Comment

No dice.

On my first attempt, I clicked "Edit" in the bottom right corner, and then "Go Advanced"...ended up at the same "Page not found" page as before. Second attempt, I clicked "Edit" in the bottom right corner, made my edits manually, clicked "Save Changes," and again ended up at the same "Page not found" page. Third attempt, I clicked on your link, and it took me to the advanced editing page, but when I click on "Save Changes," it takes me to the "Page not found" page again.

Comment

Originally posted by Snizzoop View Post
        No dice.

On my first attempt, I clicked "Edit" in the bottom right corner, and then "Go Advanced"...ended up at the same "Page not found" page as before. Second attempt, I clicked "Edit" in the bottom right corner, made my edits manually, clicked "Save Changes," and again ended up at the same "Page not found" page. Third attempt, I clicked on your link, and it took me to the advanced editing page, but when I click on "Save Changes," it takes me to the "Page not found" page again.
        Officially categorized as weird.

I'm going to make a meaningless change to the post and see what happens to me.

EDIT- I tried editing it and got the same result as you did - now I am trying to edit this post to see if it's specific to that post or an overall issue
        Last edited by ellswrth; 05-06-2016, 09:39 AM. Reason: Editing Test

Comment

OK, whatever the issue is, it appears to be related to that particular post only.

I am going to speculate that there is something about the links in the post (there are several) which may be causing some problem in the editing - I am going to recreate the post in THIS thread to see if the same problem happens.

Comment

This post, which contains none of the links, can be edited.

TLMC will be hosting our championship series at the Barrie Molson Centre again for 2016. JOIN US for your chance to prove that you're the fastest in the north! Our championship is a battle for the fastest overall, the fastest in each family, as well as the fastest novice. Points are awarded at each event, and your best four scores are counted toward the championship.

Event Schedule:

- 8:00 - On-Site Registration/Check-In Opens
            - 9:00 - Registration/Check-In Closes
            - 9:15 - Driver's Meeting
            - 9:30 - First Car On Course
            - 4:00 - Final Run(s) Must Be Started Before This Time

Event Fees:

- $30 for TLMC Members
            - $40 for Non-Members
            NOTE: Pre-Register & SAVE $5! Pre-registration available by clicking on the event number in the schedule below. (Will be updated as links become available.)

Membership:

- TLMC memberships are available HERE for $25.
            - Memberships will not available at the event.
            - You must be a TLMC member to accrue points toward the championship.
            - Points are not awarded retroactively.
            As noted above, members receive a $10 discount at each event. Other benefits include a MAJOR discount for a ticket to our end of year banquet, and early registration access to entry limited/special events.

Event Dates:

Event #1 - Sunday May 15th
            Event #2 - Sunday June 12th
            Event #3 - Sunday June 19th
            Event #4 - Saturday July 23rd (CASC-OR Regional Event)
            Event #5 - Sunday July 24th (CASC-OR Regional Event)
            Pro-Solo - Saturday August 13th (Non-Points Event)*
            Event #6 - Sunday August 14th (CASC-OR Regional Event)
            Event #7 - Sunday September 18th (Single Day Double-Header)*

* Entry may be limited. TLMC members will be able to register one week prior to non-members. Details to follow.

The Barrie Molson Centre reserves the right to cancel any of these dates at their discretion.

Classing:

TLMC follows the SCCA classing rules. This is the same rule set followed by the CASC-OR regional series, as well as the Canadian Autoslalom Championship event.

Participant Requirements:

- All competitors must have a valid driver's licence
            - All event participants must wear appropriate footwear. Appropriate footwear does not include sandals, slippers, open-toed shoes, etc.
            - All competitors are responsible for the safety of their vehicle. All loose items must be removed from the vehicle.
            - Drivers and passengers must wear a helmet. (TLMC does have loaner helmets, but we strongly suggest that you purchase your own.)
            Acceptable helmets:
            FIA 8860-2004
            FIA 8860-2010
            FIA 8859-2015
            Snell 2015 SA, or 2015 M
            Snell 2010 SA, 2010 SAH, or 2010 M
            Snell 2005 SA, or 2005 M (expiry 31.12.2018)
            SFI Foundation 31.1/2015
            SFI Foundation 31.1/2010
            SFI Foundation 31.1/2005 (expiry 31.12.2018)
            SFI Foundation 31.1A or 31.2A (expiry 31.12, 2015)

For more information, visit our website...or just post here.

TLMC events are run in accordance with the ASN CANADA FIA National Solosport Regulations.

Comment

OK - the issue is caused by some link in the original post.

If I remove all links from the post it becomes editable again.

If I paste the VBulletin coded message with the links, it won't post.

I am thinking the goo.gl link may be the source of the problem - I'll try one more test.

Comment

TLMC will be hosting our championship series at the Barrie Molson Centre again for 2016. JOIN US for your chance to prove that you're the fastest in the north! Our championship is a battle for the fastest overall, the fastest in each family, as well as the fastest novice. Points are awarded at each event, and your best four scores are counted toward the championship.

----------

Event Schedule:

- 8:00 - On-Site Registration/Check-In Opens
                - 9:00 - Registration/Check-In Closes
                - 9:15 - Driver's Meeting
                - 9:30 - First Car On Course
                - 4:00 - Final Run(s) Must Be Started Before This Time

Event Fees:

- $30 for TLMC Members
                - $40 for Non-Members
                NOTE: Pre-Register & SAVE $5! Pre-registration available by clicking on the event number in the schedule below. (Will be updated as links become available.)

Membership:

- TLMC memberships are available HERE for $25.
                - Memberships will not available at the event.
                - You must be a TLMC member to accrue points toward the championship.
                - Points are not awarded retroactively.
                As noted above, members receive a $10 discount at each event. Other benefits include a MAJOR discount for a ticket to our end of year banquet, and early registration access to entry limited/special events.

Event Dates:

Event #1 - Sunday May 15th
                Event #2 - Sunday June 12th
                Event #3 - Sunday June 19th
                Event #4 - Saturday July 23rd (CASC-OR Regional Event)
                Event #5 - Sunday July 24th (CASC-OR Regional Event)
                Pro-Solo - Saturday August 13th (Non-Points Event)*
                Event #6 - Sunday August 14th (CASC-OR Regional Event)
                Event #7 - Sunday September 18th (Single Day Double-Header)*

* Entry may be limited. TLMC members will be able to register one week prior to non-members. Details to follow.

The Barrie Molson Centre reserves the right to cancel any of these dates at their discretion.

Classing:

TLMC follows the SCCA classing rules. This is the same rule set followed by the CASC-OR regional series, as well as the Canadian Autoslalom Championship event.

Participant Requirements:

- All competitors must have a valid driver's licence
                - All event participants must wear appropriate footwear. Appropriate footwear does not include sandals, slippers, open-toed shoes, etc.
                - All competitors are responsible for the safety of their vehicle. All loose items must be removed from the vehicle.
                - Drivers and passengers must wear a helmet. (TLMC does have loaner helmets, but we strongly suggest that you purchase your own.)
                Acceptable helmets:
                FIA 8860-2004
                FIA 8860-2010
                FIA 8859-2015
                Snell 2015 SA, or 2015 M
                Snell 2010 SA, 2010 SAH, or 2010 M
                Snell 2005 SA, or 2005 M (expiry 31.12.2018)
                SFI Foundation 31.1/2015
                SFI Foundation 31.1/2010
                SFI Foundation 31.1/2005 (expiry 31.12.2018)
                SFI Foundation 31.1A or 31.2A (expiry 31.12, 2015)

For more information, visit our website...or just post here.

TLMC events are run in accordance with the ASN CANADA FIA National Solosport Regulations.

Comment

OK, there you go. Removed the two links in the first paragraph and the post was editable again.

I don't have an explanation for it, I'm afraid.

I can post the two links as they were posted and they are fine.

My only suggestion is to perhaps split some of the linked information into separate posts?

Barrie Molson Centre

JOIN US

Hope this helps.

Comment

Odd.

Somewhat discouraging as well as I plan to add more links as we create our events on MotorsportReg.

Comment

Originally posted by Snizzoop View Post
                      Odd.

Somewhat discouraging as well as I plan to add more links as we create our events on MotorsportReg.
                      I think you can plan on posting the MSR links.

If worst comes to worst, you may have to create a "registration" post, a "venue" post and so on.

Never seen this in a decade - I will continue to test to try and isolate the cause.

Comment

I get page not found when trying to post a for sale post with photobucket image links in it...
                        Used to work fine..

Comment

Working...
                        X