WOSCA 2021 Autoslalom season!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOSCA 2021 Autoslalom season!

Just announced, the WOSCA summer slalom season for 2021! We'll be at Centralia again, the airpark about 15 minutes east of Grand bend- its the playground for gods of combustion!

May 2/16
    June 6/20
    July 4/17/18
    August 15/29
    September 12/26

Dates are subject to cancellation at the last minute so check Motorsportreg.com and the WOSCA facebook forum. Get on Motorsportreg to register and pay for your events.

Remember, mask policy is in effect and COVID self screen to keep us all safe.

Keep an eye on this space for information as it becomes available, and hope to see you on course!

darcy

"Go play with your iPad. Leave the men to shift the gears."- e30og
    88 GTX, 00 SiR, 06 AP2

Regretfully, due to the current COVID environment, the first 2 events have been cancelled (May 2nd & 16th). Here is the club's website which may be consulted for future details:

WOSCA – Western Ontario Sports Car Association

And in case the paste above didn't work, the website can be found at wosca.ca

Take care everyone.
    Kevin
    17 Acura MDX Elite SH-AWD/12 Acura TL SH-AWD 6MT/17 Honda Civic Type R 6MT

Comment

Evening,
      As an update, WOSCA's series will now begin on June 20th, the June 6th event has been cancelled. As per Darcy's original post, the remaining dates (8 in total) for this year are:

June 20th
      July 4/17/18 (CASC regional double header events on the 17th and 18th)
      August 15/29
      September 12/26

Please note that a Drag racing date has also been added: June 27th in St. Thomas.

Please see WOSCA's website and/or Facebook page for complete details.

Full credit to WOSCA's executive and in particular, Eric P as WOSCA's Solo Director, kudos to you all.
      Kevin

Comment

WOSCA's next event, July 4th is fast approaching. Note we will be changing our paddock area and using the main east/west runway and taxiway. This runway lands passenger jets (think 707's) so it is smooooooth!

Speed on the non competition space of the property is dead slow- this is strictly enforced by the property owner.

If the photo attached properly, you will have an idea of where we'll be.

here's to seeing you on course!

darcy

88 GTX, 00 SiR, 06 AP2

Comment

Registration for the 18th is closed, does that mean it's full?
          Trang...Smiley:D

2009 Accent 5 speed with ice cold air and an exhaust leak!

Comment

Hi Trang,
            That's odd, it shouldn't be closed, I just tried and it appears to be working for me. If you continue to have issues I would suggest reaching out to the event organizer (Doug E.) through the Motorsport Reg website. Keep us in the loop here and we'll get you sorted out.
            Kevin

Comment

This is what it says for me when clicking on the event, it will work fine with another event as I will have the ability to register for that event. Do I need to be series registered for the Regional event to register?

Comment

I think I may see what the issue is, for some reason there are multiple events listed on the MS Reg site, the one you are showing is titled "2021 CASC Regional Events #3 & #4." Try searching for each event individually, they should be listed as "2021 WOSCA Summer Series Event #3/Regional #3" and "2021 WOSCA Summer Series Event #4/Regional #4." I am thinking CASC-OR posted their events as a placeholder but it is up to the individual hosting clubs to take care of registration, hence the other separate listing. Clear as mud? Hopefully this works for you, please let us know either way.
                Kevin

Comment

It literally says:

"Online registration and payments will be handled by WOSCA at these links:"

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...western-353609

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...western-609113
                  http://www.pitl.ca

Comment

Ok ok...I'm old. The link should have been clickable instead of copy and paste. Plus I haven't done this in a while and I'm used to just showing up and paying. I'm introducing a friend to the sport and this event will be closer for him.

Thanks,

FTD

Comment

Originally posted by nitrowsb View Post
                      Ok ok...I'm old. The link should have been clickable instead of copy and paste. Plus I haven't done this in a while and I'm used to just showing up and paying. I'm introducing a friend to the sport and this event will be closer for him.

Thanks,

FTD
                      Unfortunately MS Reg doesn't currently allow clickable links and I apologize for the confusion.

It will great to see you out again Trung!
                      CASC Autoslalom Director
                      2019 Honda Civic Si #64
                      www.twinlakesmc.org

Comment

No apology needed! I just want to see people, other than my family, co-workers, and golf buddies

Comment

very good- sounds like you got it sorted. Do remember, we no longer supply helmets to competitors, and there are no spectators allowed currently. However, your pit crew/workers are allowed.

There is no food nearby, so bring it with you- a nearby corner store has drinks and snacks and smokes. We'll have a portapotty on site as well.

see you there!

darcy
                          88 GTX, 00 SiR, 06 AP2

Comment

Haven't registered yet, he is still sorting a couple of things on the car to be safe. If he doesn't though, I am up for a co-drive if anyone is interested the usual, I pay and drive whatever car you have and I promise not to be faster...than I was

Comment

Originally posted by nitrowsb View Post
                              Haven't registered yet, he is still sorting a couple of things on the car to be safe. If he doesn't though, I am up for a co-drive if anyone is interested the usual, I pay and drive whatever car you have and I promise not to be faster...than I was
                              I just registered myself. If you need a co-drive I am also interested in seeing if others can make my piggy go faster than I could. Bring a floor jack though; I could use one for quick tire changes.
                              sigpic
                              TAC's Autoslalom guy

Comment

Working...
                              X