Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sprint race crash Sunday morning May 14th.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprint race crash Sunday morning May 14th.

I must apologize for not posting my sincere thanks to all the marshals,paramedics and other volunteers for taking good care of me whilst unconscious in the Lubrico Warranty Camaro #111 at the exit of turn 3. I did post in the Road Race section but didn't realize you had your own section.
    I have no recollection of what happened between being T-boned by the black 'Vette and waking up being loaded into the ambulance.
    However am healing from cracked ribs very well, and will be forever thankful for the care I received.
    Should anyone have pictures or video of the incident, I would love to see them.
    Also, I was truly honoured to be chosen as 'Driver of the Year 2016' by your peer group, that means more to me than any other trophy.
    Thanks again,
    Cheers Terry.

Re: Sprint race crash Sunday morning May 14th.

Does Lindsay use an in car camera?

Check mylaps. Who was running behind the vette when he was checking his mirrors. Maybe they have a camera.
    sigpic
    Pro Tour Truck

Doug

Comment

Thanks Doug, will research it.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryF View Post
        Thanks Doug, will research it.
        MyLaps will not tell you anything. You are not listed on the race grid as it was a reflag restart.

You cant use previous race for starting grid as the race started wet and many cars came late to the grid so started at the back. Again, no grid list.

You will need to find someone that was at the back with cameras.
        sigpic
        Pro Tour Truck

Doug

Comment

Thanks for trying Doug.

Comment

Hi Terry, I just happened upon this post. I witnessed your accident as I spun in the exact same place you did. I believe that there was some oil or something on the track on the outside rain line in 3. My Subaru's rear end just snapped in the same place that your car did and that does not happen in an all wheel drive car. As I came to a rest past the tire wall at the exit of 3, I saw your car just snap exactly like mine did and go sideways in front of the Corvette.
            No driver error involved!!! Some oil or antifreeze on the track!! Hope you are doing well. Always enjoy racing with you. Keep well.
            Cheers: Bryan
            BLR

Comment

Working...
            X