Tractionizing Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tractionizing Issues

Hey everyone, I was trying to traction some of my tires last night in my driveway and we were having some problems getting the tractionizer to work. Its a chevette so its RWD, so we jacked up the back end and placed a on of my towing tires under one wheel and the tractionizer under the other. We lowered the car down, and started it up. Its an automatic so I put it in drive and slowly released the brake, now here is where my problem begins. When it goes to shift into 2nd gear gear, the wheel speeds up and for some reason the tractionizer always wanted to slip out from under the wheel. it always seemed to be forced out from under the tire, and it would always slide under the car. I am still fairly new at the hole tractionizing thing, and I was wondering if anyone knew what could be going wrong?
    Ice Racing #96, S/\C #302
    1999 Honda Civic DX Coupe-DD, 2006 Sonata GLS-DD
    2006 Bank Manager

Re: Tractionizing Issues

Kent it's a pretty common problem,usually we just drive in big screw drivers or pry bars etc at the 4 corners of the tractionizer to keep it in place.It helps if the unit is both square to the car and on a flat and skid free surface,obviously this isn't to easy to find at the fairgrounds.

Comment

Also I try to place the tractionizer on a non-skid surface like a rubber doormat, a piece of carpet or plywood. Anything that grips the bottom of the tractionuizer and grips the surface it is resting on wil work and is in fact necessary.

Be very carefull that the side frame rail of the tractionizer is indeed parallel with the side of the tire before you set the car down on the tractionizer. Obviously if it isn't the tire will "track" off to the side of the tractionizer.

Hope this helps, I wil be at track Friday afternoon and onwards if you nees more assistance/advice

scott
      sigpic SACEWE!!!
      Minden House, S/\Ctionizer
      Car #24

Comment

Kent one other thing...Make sure that the back end of the car is level from side to side. I find that if the car is unlevel it will do that also..
        Looking for the next ice racer.....

Comment

Kent, it looked like your races improved drastically on Sunday, hoping that weird rubber finally gave into the SACtionizer!
          sigpic SACEWE!!!
          Minden House, S/\Ctionizer
          Car #24

Comment

ohhhhh did it ever, the S/\Ctionizer ripped into that puppy and tore it a new one. It still needs more done, but I think its just a harder compound than the blizzaks so it will take some more time. The machine works great, and it tractionized MUCH better once I figured out my transmission problems
            2006 Bank Manager

Comment

Is it one of those weird domestic trannies that requires fluid?
              sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
              OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Comment

Originally posted by Slowpoke View Post
                Is it one of those weird domestic trannies that requires fluid?
                Ya, its weird like that for some reason
                2006 Bank Manager

Comment

Working...
                X