Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday 18 race.

Hi,

I am new on this. I am from Mexico but living right now in Barrie, ON. I am studying Digital Photography at Georgian College.

I love motorsport, specially rallies. I am a rally photographer in Mexico, you can see some of my photos on my website.

I want to go the next weekend to the ice race, to know what it is an ice race and take some pictures.

I know there is a class where they can have a "co-driver" at the race, I would love to be on a race but I dont know any driver :-[

Hope to see you at the race.

Jonathan Chabre
    www.chabre.org

Re: Sunday 18 race.

Just make sure you bring lots of warm clothing or you'll not really enjoy yourself.It shouldn't be too hard to find a ride,all classes allow a passenger.When you arrive head into the big green trailer,the organising club will be in there and you should find somebody to help you out(you need to sign a waiver for a passenger)with possibly finding a ride.
    You can also simply ask people if they'd like a passenger,most have no problem with it at all.I can't be there this weekend otherwise you could ride with me.

Have fun!

Comment

I can't be there this weekend otherwise you could ride with me.
      That bites you can't be there Max, your car is definately a wild ride.

By the way Jonathan, there are a few competitors in Ice racing that are Georgian College students that would not mind at all taking you for a ride. Max and I both go to Georgian.
      Nelson Monteiro - Barrie, ON - Goan Racing
      Road Race / Drift / Rally / Ice

Comment

thanks!

At what time do you recommend to arrive next sunday to Minden?

What are you studying at Georgian?

Comment

Originally posted by chabre View Post
          thanks!

At what time do you recommend to arrive next sunday to Minden?
          Races start at 12 noon on Sundays.

i'd probably recommend getting there around 11:00-11:30 so you can get a waiver signed, and scope out Photo spots.

I beileve if you talk to the organizers/powers at be. They will most likely allow you to get into the infield, and take pictures there.

From Georgian it is probably 1.5 Hrs to minden
          Chris
          Old School Motorsports

Comment

Originally posted by IsuzuMan View Post
            That bites you can't be there Max, your car is definately a wild ride.

By the way Jonathan, there are a few competitors in Ice racing that are Georgian College students that would not mind at all taking you for a ride. Max and I both go to Georgian.

I think you may have me confused with someone else,my car isn't wild at all!

Actually I don't go to school anymore,not for about 20 years now.

Comment

Hahaha, my mistake, well atleast I know now that there's atleast 2 Max's at the track
              Nelson Monteiro - Barrie, ON - Goan Racing
              Road Race / Drift / Rally / Ice

Comment

Working...
              X