Mr. Lentino's "Bank Manager" attempt #1
    Thanks for the great shot.
    Beauty shot!!!
    sigpic
    1982 Datsun 210 TLMC RTI
    2009 Female Rookie & Best Prepared | 2014 Sponsor www.bartlettstowing.com

Comment

• Re: Rides for '09

Actually, I climbed up on top of it and somehow managed to goose it in reverse to avoid any further embarrassment. Save for the current focus in this thread... There were some unholy sounds from inside the cabin I can tell you that much. If I didn't lose the exhaust on Saturday, it was sure coming off Sunday.

I love that shot for the simple reason there's a huge rooster tail coming off the rear tire as I tried to power through it to clear the inside of the bank. No dice. I caught a grippy patch when I least wanted it and it fired me in there like a torpedo.
      Rod Lentino #92 '03 Subaru Impreza 2.5TS
      Sponsored by Cooper Equipment Rentals
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy1 View Post

Now there's the money shot... Glad somebody got that. I was standing by the grid with no camera

awesome picture
        Glenn Taylor
        Car #26

Comment

Just uploaded my 2nd race

Yeah... no clutch sucks...
          Fiero #159 Ice racing

Thats what she said.

Comment

Awesome video
            I luv the dbl fisted Hero Shift LOL

It lonely out there eh? Well at least you have the Wolf FM to keep you company.
            Glenn Taylor
            Car #26

Comment

Originally posted by Kent Missons View Post
              So Rod, were the banks nice and fluffy at first and then when you got deeper more like concrete?
              I'm thinking ... ...Ummm YEP!
              Ice Racing will always be a Black art! So ... In order to finish first, ... first you must Finish!

CASC-OR Ice Race Director
              Toronto Autosport Club Ice Race Organizer
              Minden Kin Club Member
              District 8 Secretary Kin Canada
              Car Number 1
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy1 View Post
                WOOOOHOOOOO!!! Our first official 'bank manager' shot for 2009!!! Let's keep them coming folks!
                Ice Race Director

Comment

Originally posted by AW11_4AGZE View Post
                  Just uploaded my 2nd race

Yeah... no clutch sucks...
                  Buahahaha, Classic!
                  Just use the starter on 2nd gear! forget 1st.
                  #21 1985 Pontiac Acadian
                  Class 1 & SS1 (RWD)
                  TAC & TLMC
                  [/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by herbie View Post
                    Buahahaha, Classic!
                    Just use the starter on 2nd gear! forget 1st.
                    I should upload my last race where I did just that.. I passed you for a brief moment of glory before stuffing it into the bank. Apparently I cant turn as well as you guys. Not only that I buried her 2500rpm over the red on the straight. Valves floating Also got a lot easier to shift when you find out how spread the gears are. I just had to wait longer.
                    Fiero #159 Ice racing

Thats what she said.

Comment

First off, that pic is pretty damned classic. I've seen people try to push the banks back by shaving them off with their cars, but I've never seen anybody literally try to "push the banks back". Very fine looking car, but may I advise a little more discretion with the throttle for next weekend?

Second off, Bank Digger FTMFW (see that? I used just lol speak). Most people use rollers to paint their cars, but the paint on that truck is bloody mint. Two thumbs up. The only problem is that the skull on the tailgate dwarfs my skulls, so next year the ante needs to go up.

Third off, mucho respect for "starting" the Fiero like that. It goes a long ways to proving that class 1 is populated by a bunch of nutters who seem to have illegal amounts of fun on any given weekend. Good on you.
                      Andrew Vernon -#181
                      1986 MR2 - (spinning out in a race near you)
                      1989 All-Trac - (on sabbatical)

Comment

Originally posted by AW11_4AGZE View Post
                        I should upload my last race where I did just that.. I passed you for a brief moment of glory before stuffing it into the bank. Apparently I cant turn as well as you guys. Not only that I buried her 2500rpm over the red on the straight. Valves floating Also got a lot easier to shift when you find out how spread the gears are. I just had to wait longer.
                        Dude, get 3 or 4 Car batteries and use them for ballast in your Front trunk, so the front wheels have some traction to turn you. Then wire them all "in parallel ofcourse" to your main batt, then you'll have a ton of starting power off the line. Or, you could just fix the clutch.
                        #21 1985 Pontiac Acadian
                        Class 1 & SS1 (RWD)
                        TAC & TLMC
                        [/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by FatAndy181 View Post
                          It goes a long ways to proving that class 1 is populated by a bunch of nutters who seem to have illegal amounts of fun on any given weekend. Good on you.
                          So true, I went home on Sunday in pain from all the laughter on the weekend. I can't wait to do it all over again.
                          82 244 GLT

Comment

indeed... up there with one of the funnest ice racing weekends... the only weekend to top this was when scotty crashed the pool table at the cliffe....
                            Josh Taylor
                            Ice Racing
                            Chevette hell yeah

BallzOut Racing

Nugold, The official oil of Engine Failure

Two Hard Boiled All Up In His Grill

Comment

Originally posted by scrap master View Post
                              So true, I went home on Sunday in pain from all the laughter on the weekend. I can't wait to do it all over again.
                              Well, I can't S/\Cond that, so I'll third it. Rediculous amounts of fun were had both on and off track…

What I would like to see though, are more people at the 'cliffe! Every time we've dragged our butts over there, no one seems to be there, yet every time we skip & snooze, everyone had a rockin' good time… what gives? do we smell? LOL
                              sigpic
                              1982 Datsun 210 TLMC RTI
                              2009 Female Rookie & Best Prepared | 2014 Sponsor www.bartlettstowing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ponygal View Post
                                Well, I can't S/\Cond that, so I'll third it. Rediculous amounts of fun were had both on and off track…

What I would like to see though, are more people at the 'cliffe! Every time we've dragged our butts over there, no one seems to be there, yet every time we skip & snooze, everyone had a rockin' good time… what gives? do we smell? LOL
                                Brian and I were there, but then we saw you all coming and left.

This weekend, we will have to make up a time.
                                Fiero #159 Ice racing

Thats what she said.

Comment

Working...
                                X