X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champ98
    replied
    Re: Windshield

I seriously believe that Clint and AKERS AUTO GLASS should be recognized in some way ...

You'll all have to ask Brother Dan why he has to replace his windshield yet again, No it was not a rollover, yes the incident happened at speed, and no it did'nt happen when there was snow on the ground ...

Can you say "HOOD PINS" ???

Leave a comment:

• water-skipper
    replied

Originally posted by Champ98 View Post
    I think Clint should sponsor the next rollover award!!!
    I think at $180 installed he already is!

Leave a comment:

• Champ98
    replied

I think Clint should sponsor the next rollover award!!!

Leave a comment:

• Kent Missons
    replied

I love this forum!!! I called Clint at akers auto glass and he quoted me 180 cash! Only have to get it from his shop to the track in time for the first weekend. Thanks guys!

Leave a comment:

• herbie
    replied

Originally posted by Chevettes4ever View Post
    akers auto glass... leave it with them next week and it will be ready for race day.
    I 2nd that. In 2006 when I rolled my car on the Sunday I popped the roof back up with a 2x4 and bottle Jack. Then called Akers the following Monday morning. They picked the car up from the track for an extra $5, flat towed it to their shop and had the new windshield installed for the following Saturday. $175. I wasn't even sure you could still get a windshield for a 1985 Pontiac Acadian, and it was brand new!

Leave a comment:

• Champ98
    replied

Originally posted by Chevettes4ever View Post
    akers auto glass... leave it with them next week and it will be ready for race day.
    There you go! Thats what it's all about! ...Supporting the Minden businesses!!!

Way to go Josh!

Clint at AKERS is a big supporter of Ice Racing and an ex racer to boot...

Leave a comment:

• Chevettes4ever
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 98RACE
    replied

Originally posted by Kent Missons View Post
    I didn't want to start a new thread when there was already one about it. The windshield on my new subaru needs replacing , anyone know a cheap place that whould replace it for me. Its a 92 loyale sedan AWD.trying to stay in the Durham area.
    I used this place, he was cheap. $180 installed.

BREAKAWAY AUTO GLASS call AL for an AFFORDABLE, fast, same day mobile service. 905-577-5120

You may be a to far,so.

Look here :

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/

Search: AUTO GLASS

Call and tell them what it is for and you will pay cash, it is posible that they could even pick up a damaged widsheild (chipped or scratched) for cheaper.

Good luck.
    Dave

Leave a comment:

• Kent Missons
    replied

I didn't want to start a new thread when there was already one about it. The windshield on my new subaru needs replacing , anyone know a cheap place that whould replace it for me. Its a 92 loyale sedan AWD.trying to stay in the Durham area.

Leave a comment:

• redleadr13
    replied

My advise would be to hit it with a hammer and if it doesn't get bigger then you are ok. If it does get biger then you need to replace it

Leave a comment:

• CASC Ice Race Director
    replied

Originally posted by 98RACE View Post
    Too long. lol

We dont want to risk not passing tech so new windshield goes in tommorow.
    Hate to say it, but that's probably your safest bet. Hopefully it doesn't cost too much.

I really hate saying "sorry" to all my favourite racers....and that would be everyone who races!!!

Thanks for being pro-active on the windshield.

Leave a comment:

• 98RACE
    replied

Originally posted by Champ98 View Post
    A small hole will last as long as the temp does not change + or - 10 degrees within hours ...
    The hole would have been filled with THIS

Leave a comment:

• 98RACE
    replied

Originally posted by FatAndy181 View Post
    The concept of drilling a small hole should prevent it from getting larger, but I've never heard of anybody attempting it, and I'm not sure where in the rules it states the allowable size of windshield speed holes. BTW, cage looks beauty Dave. How long did the install end up taking you guys?
    Too long. lol

We dont want to risk not passing tech so new windshield goes in tommorow.

Leave a comment:

• Champ98
    replied

A small hole will last as long as the temp does not change + or - 10 degrees within hours ...

Leave a comment:

• FatAndy181
    replied

The concept of drilling a small hole should prevent it from getting larger, but I've never heard of anybody attempting it, and I'm not sure where in the rules it states the allowable size of windshield speed holes. BTW, cage looks beauty Dave. How long did the install end up taking you guys?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X