Here is a few shots from Saturday.

Glenn Taylor
    Car #26

Re: Pre Tech Weekend 09

Glenn Taylor
    Car #26

Comment

Just wanted to say as a rookie how amazing the people are. Thanks everyone. I'll be seeing you all on the ice. As soon as I fix the clutch issue
      Fiero #159 Ice racing

Thats what she said.

Comment

great shots :P

I have to agree with the fact that everyone is super friendly and helpful - you won't meet a more awesome bunch than these guys!
        sigpic
        1982 Datsun 210 TLMC RTI
        2009 Female Rookie & Best Prepared | 2014 Sponsor www.bartlettstowing.com

Comment

dont forget to bring brake fluid and be there early on saturday!
          Josh Taylor
          Ice Racing
          Chevette hell yeah

BallzOut Racing

Nugold, The official oil of Engine Failure

Two Hard Boiled All Up In His Grill

Comment

Originally posted by Chevettes4ever View Post
            dont forget to bring brake fluid and be there early on saturday!
            I've already got it. (even splurged on Dot5). I figured at first it may have been a similar problem to mr2's in that the line gets too hot and does the same thing. Apperently after reading, GM put the bleeder nipple on the wrong end and air gets trapped between the bleeder and the rod.

Either that or a leak. JB weld is coming for that. Whens the track open?
            Fiero #159 Ice racing

Thats what she said.

Comment

im pretty sure the gates are always open... only dot 3 and 4 can be mixed... so watch out there...
              Josh Taylor
              Ice Racing
              Chevette hell yeah

BallzOut Racing

Nugold, The official oil of Engine Failure

Two Hard Boiled All Up In His Grill

Comment

Originally posted by Chevettes4ever View Post
                im pretty sure the gates are always open... only dot 3 and 4 can be mixed... so watch out there...
                Sweet, Ill be there eairly. Yeah im thinking about replacing the fluid. The old stuff that was borrowed from the brake master, will be returned. Recycle Reduce Reuse. I may even have a better cap to transfer the fluid .
                Fiero #159 Ice racing

Thats what she said.

Comment

If the brakes on your car use DOT 3 or DOT 4 fluid, I'd suggest you completely avoid using DOT 5 fluid, which I have been told produces a very unhappy jelly mixture when mixed with DOT 3 or DOT 4. (I've never actualy tried it after I was warned) What DOT 5 would do when mixed with a residue of DOT 3 or 4 if you drained the system first I also have no idea, but it seems to me that there's no percentage in trying to find out, as DOT 5 has no performance advantage, only a large potential disadvantage......

Brake fluid is not expensive. Suggest you buy another can of the right stuff. My $0.02.
                  Gary

Comment

See below for a bit more tech, and why you should think before you use DOT 5 in a system designed for DOT 3 or 4. I copied this off the web.

" Water in the brake fluid also causes corrosion. Parts such as wheel cylinders and brake calipers are not too expensive to replace, but those ABS hydraulic units can easily add a thousand or more to the repair bill. Changing the fluid will not only improve braking performance but prolong the life of hydraulic brake components too.

Silicone brake fluid, usually referred to as DOT 5, doesn't absorb moisture from the air, and it won't attack painted surfaces like glycol-based fluids if you spill it on the fender or grille, but it is not without faults. The viscosity of silicone brake fluid is different than DOT 3 and DOT 4 fluids, so most manufacturers don't recommend it for use in systems with ABS brakes. The biggest disadvantage of silicone fluid has to be that it is more difficult to seal. DOT 5 fluids will seep past seals and gaskets that would normally contain DOT 3 and DOT 4 fluids.

One of the big advantages of DOT 5 silicone fluid is it has a higher boiling point than DOT 4, boiling at 500 degrees F. Silicone brake fluid and Glycol-based fluids should not be mixed. The complete system needs to be disassembled and cleaned before filling it with silicone fluid. "
                    Gary

Comment

Thanks for the info. I guess Id be better to save the dot 5 for the mr2. (we drained the lines for it anyways).

Dot 4 it is.
                      Fiero #159 Ice racing

Thats what she said.

Comment

Originally posted by R Volvoman View Post
                        What a strange assortment of characters here… I look like a shrimp compared to these guys! Erik looks crazy and Kent is doing some sort of warm up dance LOL
                        sigpic
                        1982 Datsun 210 TLMC RTI
                        2009 Female Rookie & Best Prepared | 2014 Sponsor www.bartlettstowing.com

Comment

All I can do is focus on those shinny dent-less doors with glass in them.
                          Rod Lentino #92 '03 Subaru Impreza 2.5TS
                          Sponsored by Cooper Equipment Rentals
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ponygal View Post
                            What a strange assortment of characters here… I look like a shrimp compared to these guys! Erik looks crazy and Kent is doing some sort of warm up dance LOL
                            ROFLMFAO!!! I was wondering myself what Kent was doing
                            Ice Race Director

Comment

I was wondering myself what Kent was doing
                              Truffle Shuffle???
                              1983 Mazda Rx-7 Ice Racer TLMC
                              Sponsored by:Bartlett's Towing

Comment

Working...
                              X