• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CASC Ice Race Director
    replied
    Re: Pre Tech Weekend 09

Originally posted by FatAndy181 View Post
    It's an 80's generation thing. Unless you recall a mutant dude with a pirate hat and a superman shirt yelling "HEEEEYYYY YOOOOOUUU GUYYYYYYS!", then swinging down onto a hidden pirate ship in a super cool secret cavern with waterslides everywhere, I don't think the reference is relevant. Man, I need to see that movie again!
    OK....so what movie????? LOL

Leave a comment:

• FatAndy181
    replied

It's an 80's generation thing. Unless you recall a mutant dude with a pirate hat and a superman shirt yelling "HEEEEYYYY YOOOOOUUU GUYYYYYYS!", then swinging down onto a hidden pirate ship in a super cool secret cavern with waterslides everywhere, I don't think the reference is relevant. Man, I need to see that movie again!

Leave a comment:

• CASC Ice Race Director
    replied

Originally posted by herbie View Post
    "Heeeey you guyssss!"
    Ok...obviously the rest of us are missing something...what exactly is a 'Truffle Shuffle' and why is Rodney not liking the fact that someone mentioned it????? Gotta be a 'Cliffe' thing...LOL

Leave a comment:

• herbie
    replied

Originally posted by Hosehead View Post
    Truffle Shuffle???
    "Heeeey you guyssss!"

Leave a comment:

• Kent Missons
    replied

Originally posted by Chevettes4ever View Post
    i dont see anyone poking him with a stick
    The first race hasent even started and your already poking me with a stick, going to be an awsome season

Leave a comment:

• Chevettes4ever
    replied

Originally posted by Hosehead View Post
    Truffle Shuffle???
    i dont see anyone poking him with a stick

Leave a comment:

• Hosehead
    replied

I was wondering myself what Kent was doing
    Truffle Shuffle???

Leave a comment:

• CASC Ice Race Director
    replied

Originally posted by Ponygal View Post
    What a strange assortment of characters here… I look like a shrimp compared to these guys! Erik looks crazy and Kent is doing some sort of warm up dance LOL
    ROFLMFAO!!! I was wondering myself what Kent was doing

Leave a comment:

• TRBOTAXI
    replied

All I can do is focus on those shinny dent-less doors with glass in them.

Leave a comment:

• Ponygal
    replied

Originally posted by R Volvoman View Post
    What a strange assortment of characters here… I look like a shrimp compared to these guys! Erik looks crazy and Kent is doing some sort of warm up dance LOL

Leave a comment:

• AW11_4AGZE
    replied

Thanks for the info. I guess Id be better to save the dot 5 for the mr2. (we drained the lines for it anyways).

Dot 4 it is.

Leave a comment:

• Gary
    replied

See below for a bit more tech, and why you should think before you use DOT 5 in a system designed for DOT 3 or 4. I copied this off the web.

" Water in the brake fluid also causes corrosion. Parts such as wheel cylinders and brake calipers are not too expensive to replace, but those ABS hydraulic units can easily add a thousand or more to the repair bill. Changing the fluid will not only improve braking performance but prolong the life of hydraulic brake components too.

Silicone brake fluid, usually referred to as DOT 5, doesn't absorb moisture from the air, and it won't attack painted surfaces like glycol-based fluids if you spill it on the fender or grille, but it is not without faults. The viscosity of silicone brake fluid is different than DOT 3 and DOT 4 fluids, so most manufacturers don't recommend it for use in systems with ABS brakes. The biggest disadvantage of silicone fluid has to be that it is more difficult to seal. DOT 5 fluids will seep past seals and gaskets that would normally contain DOT 3 and DOT 4 fluids.

One of the big advantages of DOT 5 silicone fluid is it has a higher boiling point than DOT 4, boiling at 500 degrees F. Silicone brake fluid and Glycol-based fluids should not be mixed. The complete system needs to be disassembled and cleaned before filling it with silicone fluid. "

Leave a comment:

• Gary
    replied

If the brakes on your car use DOT 3 or DOT 4 fluid, I'd suggest you completely avoid using DOT 5 fluid, which I have been told produces a very unhappy jelly mixture when mixed with DOT 3 or DOT 4. (I've never actualy tried it after I was warned) What DOT 5 would do when mixed with a residue of DOT 3 or 4 if you drained the system first I also have no idea, but it seems to me that there's no percentage in trying to find out, as DOT 5 has no performance advantage, only a large potential disadvantage......

Brake fluid is not expensive. Suggest you buy another can of the right stuff. My $0.02.

Leave a comment:

• AW11_4AGZE
    replied

Originally posted by Chevettes4ever View Post
    im pretty sure the gates are always open... only dot 3 and 4 can be mixed... so watch out there...
    Sweet, Ill be there eairly. Yeah im thinking about replacing the fluid. The old stuff that was borrowed from the brake master, will be returned. Recycle Reduce Reuse. I may even have a better cap to transfer the fluid .

Leave a comment:

• Chevettes4ever
    replied

im pretty sure the gates are always open... only dot 3 and 4 can be mixed... so watch out there...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X