• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champ98
    replied
    Re: Weather Forecast ... Long Johns!

Originally posted by 98RACE View Post
    Slush is fast, no doubt.

But I do belive FatAndy is right about the wramer days, the last 3 seasons we have had the most bank running on days that are -5 to +3 and sunny. Andy you should know that as it is usually a TAC weekend and you love to the out the purple flags.
    Ahh, Purple Schmurple!, I was coerced into it! ...

Leave a comment:

• eh1990
    replied

Originally posted by Champ98 View Post
    Hmm,... Don't know about you guys in the deep south, but this forecast looks pretty good to me ...

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/..._metric_e.html
    It's the saturday that concerns me.. -5 friday +4 on saturday and then cold again on sunday.. a weird snap like that in the middle of the weekend could muck up the track right? Iunno. I'm not all weather savvy.

And you are quite right about the "paddles" No pictures! s'our secret... for a few more days at least lol.

Leave a comment:

• 98RACE
    replied

Originally posted by Champ98 View Post
    I'm not sure if you've got your temps mixed up there Andy, but frieght train racing and bank running normaly happens in the coldest temps.
    Slush is fast, no doubt.

But I do belive FatAndy is right about the wramer days, the last 3 seasons we have had the most bank running on days that are -5 to +3 and sunny. Andy you should know that as it is usually a TAC weekend and you love to the out the purple flags.

Leave a comment:

• Champ98
    replied

Hmm,... Don't know about you guys in the deep south, but this forecast looks pretty good to me ...

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/..._metric_e.html

Leave a comment:

• FatAndy181
    replied

You think they would can street stud too? Hmmmm. I guess there is a set of old Sears tires kicking around at the cottage...

Leave a comment:

• angus macsac
    replied

Originally posted by FatAndy181 View Post
    Whatever though, I don't care. I've got metal spikes on my tires, weather don't mean jack to me !
    hmmm, if temps get too warm then metal will not be allowed to run in order to save track

Leave a comment:

• Gary
    replied

I dunno about this warm weather stuff. Seems a bit early in the season to be beating on the track with slush racing........ we have to race on what's left of it for the rest of the season.

Let's pray for cold!

Leave a comment:

• herbie
    replied

Originally posted by angus macsac View Post
    Jeez I may just be lured out to run rubber again cause I got some awesome "slush puppies" for rubber class !!!
    Run Rubber you Haggis!

As for the Weather, I know Josh could use a day for repairs, as could I.

Leave a comment:

• RSR Racing
    replied

Originally posted by S.S.NITEMARE View Post
    I will keep an eye on the forecast and will be speaking with Tom by Thursday regarding same.

Please make sure to check for updates as to whether or not the weather allows us to run this weekend!! If it's still calling for rain all weekend, we may just have to utilize a 'rain date' this season
    BAH! no! my sister gets married the saturday of the first rain date!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• FatAndy181
    replied

Maybe I'm cracked, but I remember bank running being a late season (ie. warm weather) thing. I guess it depends on how warm we are talking. If it's warm enough for the track to start coming apart, then yeah, sure. If it's say, 2C, then you get that layer of water on top which allows the surface of the ice to polish faster. Whatever though, I don't care. I've got metal spikes on my tires, weather don't mean jack to me !

Leave a comment:

• Champ98
    replied

Originally posted by FatAndy181 View Post
    Slush racing is entertaining for maybe the first 5 laps after stud, then it turns into bank running for the rest of the day. Yeah, the rubber cars can go a billion miles an hour down the straight, great, but then everyone gets stuck running the same line in the turns. Booooooooring.
    I'm not sure if you've got your temps mixed up there Andy, but frieght train racing and bank running normaly happens in the coldest temps.

slush racing is faster and yes, the holes in the floor have to be addressed as the first guy to soak his ECM under the dash, normaly becomes the first chicane ...

Any tire seems to work in slushy conditions, even "no season" tires ...

The trick in slushy conditions is to build a tire that disperses and direct water and slush away from the contact patch the fastest ...

I could post a pic, ...but I think I would be shot by a team mate ...

Leave a comment:

• S.S.NITEMARE
    replied

I will keep an eye on the forecast and will be speaking with Tom by Thursday regarding same.

Please make sure to check for updates as to whether or not the weather allows us to run this weekend!! If it's still calling for rain all weekend, we may just have to utilize a 'rain date' this season

Leave a comment:

• Kent Missons
    replied

Originally posted by angus macsac View Post
    Jeez I may just be lured out to run rubber again cause I got some awesome "slush puppies" for rubber class !!!
    As well as a locked diff, loads of traction with that thing and your "slush puppies"

Leave a comment:

• angus macsac
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RSR Racing
    replied

Originally posted by Kent Missons View Post
    Perfect weekend to use them IMO, we'll see what I can do about the handeling this weekend with my current tires.
    We still have tires for sale

Leave a comment:

Working...
X