Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brake Fluid loss

Originally posted by Chevettes4ever View Post
    Abuse for 6 (six) weekends....... Unless an import cannot make it through the whole season.... ooOOoo can i get a what what?
    oh. oh. now you're hurting my feelings
    in fact, both rear lines pooched. Nice & easy to access too - NOT - over the frame, under the gas tank - who thought of that? Line 1 out another night for line 2 - and on it goes. I may see you for the Last weekend at this rate. . . .
    woodchips (Larry) Ice Racer 157.
    Sponsors-Tiremaster-Oshawa & Precision Tune-Brooklin

Comment

Originally posted by pneubi View Post
      to MAXIMISE brake fluid loss:
      1. Buy rotten old import
      2. Drive to ice race track, abuse for 4 weekends
      3. Trailer home on saltiest day of spring
      4. Leave alone in moist, grassy area until Mid-Dec.
      no, no, no, you've got it all wrong. Buy old import, blow tranny in Qualifier, tow home, leave in mechanics yard for 9 months, then try to get it finished in 4 hours before race weekend, with no indication there's a brake issue till race 3 on opening weekend, then tow home etc, etc. See, all wrong - never mind the power steering & no start problems

Comment

Ice or asphalt, the problems are the same. Good luck on routing your new lines ... maybe a m/c replacement would have been easier?
        The Man's Prayer:
        "I'm a man, but I can change ... if I have to ... I guess!"

"I'm so old that when I hear the word "Spandex" I think of watch bracelets."

sigpic

Comment

There's a lot to be said for an early inspection of the car in the fall before starting to work on it in late December. I found a split T junction in my braking system this year. Damned if I know why it split, but it did a fine job of leaking all of the brake fluid onto the floor of my car. I frickin hate brakes.
          Andrew Vernon -#181
          1986 MR2 - (spinning out in a race near you)
          1989 All-Trac - (on sabbatical)

Comment

Originally posted by Chevettes4ever View Post
            Abuse for 6 (six) weekends....... Unless an import cannot make it through the whole season.... ooOOoo can i get a what what?
            LOL. Or, spend 2 sleepless weeks working on a car, to nearly have it wiped out the first weekend in a head-on collision.
            #21 1985 Pontiac Acadian
            Class 1 & SS1 (RWD)
            TAC & TLMC
            [/URL]

Comment

ha..you MUST do what i do to any new ice racer...

Jump in the thing, brace yourself in the seat real good, and 2 foot the brake pedal about 20 times.

at that point there are 2 outcomes.

1. You've blown the questionable brake lines, and you can fix them....
              2. you have good brakes..

Done this on a couple friends cars, and while they were pissed at the time..it did save them work and agrivation.
              Chris
              Old School Motorsports

Comment

Originally posted by FatAndy181 View Post
                There's a lot to be said for an early inspection of the car in the fall before starting to work on it in late December. I found a split T junction in my braking system this year. Damned if I know why it split, but it did a fine job of leaking all of the brake fluid onto the floor of my car. I frickin hate brakes.
                Problem is that if the mechanic had worked on the tranny before then i would have had a Slightly better chance to sort things out. oh, well, he's been VERY Good to me.

Here's a Plug for Dave at

Precison Tune
                Winchester Rd E
                Brooklin

Comment

Originally posted by woodchips View Post
                  I'm having an issue with brake fluid loss. There does not appear to be any leaking from blown lines, pistons on the calipers etc. Is it possible that the master cylinder is at fault & where would the fluid end up?
                  Car is a '91 Legacy wagon - yes the one that ended up buried in SSC4 last race - no, the brakes were not the issue. The fact that the car is 80% FWD due to the clutches not working properly MAY have been a partial reason in ended up there. Bryan Rashliegh suggested a GMC differential anti slip additive to help with THAT issue.

All suggestions welcome
                  Sooooo...80% FWD and bad brakes! Now I know why the rear door on my Subaru got creamed in the first corner of it's first race (first race on Sunday)! I would have waited to pass on the inside had I known that! Hope you get it sorted out. See you Saturday.

P.S. Anyone have a alternator for a 94 Legacy?
                  Bill
                  Retired class SS4, car #83

" If you're not afraid of horse power, you don't have enough. "

Comment

woont a chevy one fits if ya mesd with the wiresnsuch? suhwhat i heard

Comment

Originally posted by herbie View Post
                      LOL. Or, spend 2 sleepless weeks working on a car, to nearly have it wiped out the first weekend in a head-on collision.
                      ah ha! Why were you pointing the wrong way on the track?
                      Josh Taylor
                      Ice Racing
                      Chevette hell yeah

BallzOut Racing

Nugold, The official oil of Engine Failure

Two Hard Boiled All Up In His Grill

Comment

Working...
                      X