Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbie Questions

Originally posted by Chevettes4ever View Post
    No worries.. I still dont know if it was red or not! and I still dont even know what happened!
    OK so here goes!!! ...

There was no red light given at any time in the race. The red flag was shown at the starter stand when all the commotion was spotted in turn 1 at the end of the straight.

The commotion was caused by a racer, and probably Justly so, when he/she saw the reflector in the middle of the LED array light up with the bright sun going down over the track. From my vantage point in the timing End of the trailer, I thought it was red also ...

After further investigation, I believe the Light standard at turn one was not properly positioned and should have been pointing/leaning towards the track surface more.

My BAD , didn't pick it up till it was too late, (note to self, It won't happen next weekend)

I'm only the guy that looks after the lights! ... Don't shoot the messenger!
    Ice Racing will always be a Black art! So ... In order to finish first, ... first you must Finish!

CASC-OR Ice Race Director
    Toronto Autosport Club Ice Race Organizer
    Minden Kin Club Member
    District 8 Secretary Kin Canada
    Car Number 1
    sigpic

Comment

hmmm thanks andy... I figured that is what happened... Better safe then sorry!
      Josh Taylor
      Ice Racing
      Chevette hell yeah

BallzOut Racing

Nugold, The official oil of Engine Failure

Two Hard Boiled All Up In His Grill

Comment

hmmm thanks andy... I figured that is what happened... Better safe then sorry!
        Fine Fine, it was me. I stopped for the reflected red light.
        Then Josh followed my lead.
        #21 1985 Pontiac Acadian
        Class 1 & SS1 (RWD)
        TAC & TLMC
        [/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by herbie View Post
          Fine Fine, it was me. I stopped for the reflected red light.
          Then Josh followed my lead.
          Hey You Know what? I would rather that happened with experienced racers like yourselves, that followed the proposed rules and did what you were supposed to do. The rookies followed suit, and the race was stopped at the timing tower, when a snotty heap of cars were seen at turn 1 ...
          Ice Racing will always be a Black art! So ... In order to finish first, ... first you must Finish!

Minden Kin Club Member
          Car Number 1
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by eh1990 View Post
            Well hopefully the racer in question would be looking for more than .5 of a second and realize that the light is flashing. Racing demands people be looking in many places, and while i realize a driver cant stare at a light for 5 seconds without crashing into someone, or a snowbank, im pretty sure people arent stupid enough to miss a big, red, flashing light (i could be wrong about that, you never know).
            And people hit big highway snowplows because they didn't see the blue flashing light.
            "Love thine enemies, it scares the hell out of them"
            "You never have enough gas until you're on fire!" Ken Schrader NSCS

Comment

well I'm glad it wasnt just me. as I came onto the front straight I saw a red light in the first turn and a couple of stopped cars. I figured someone had rolled over and so I stopped by the timing tower thinking I'd be by the restart line. I was really surprised when a couple of cars went by me wide open looking to be racing to the red flag.

Andy thanks for getting us restarted properly. Thats the first time in many years I thought saw a red that wasn't real.

Comment

a note to anyone... even if you dont see a red light... but you see cars stopped everywhere in a corner, please do not pile into the corner at speed.. there is no need to be racing around so many stopped cars... i was hit, as well as erik... there was no viability problems at the time.. just slow down at the very least!
                Josh Taylor
                Ice Racing
                Chevette hell yeah

BallzOut Racing

Nugold, The official oil of Engine Failure

Two Hard Boiled All Up In His Grill

Comment

a note to anyone... even if you dont see a red light... but you see cars stopped everywhere in a corner, please do not pile into the corner at speed.. there is no need to be racing around so many stopped cars... i was hit, as well as erik... there was no viability problems at the time.. just slow down at the very least!
                  I have a Viability Problem.
                  #21 1985 Pontiac Acadian
                  Class 1 & SS1 (RWD)
                  TAC & TLMC
                  [/URL]

Comment

I agree totally, don't think for a moment that you have enough traction on ice to go through an irregular slalom of cars or anything for that matter ...

Minden Kin Club Member
                    Car Number 1
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X