Saturday Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Help

Hey all, 1,000,000 thanks to everyone that gave me a hand on Saturday to get me back on the track. Phenomenal help from Ed Violette to Todd McCall to Andrew Majik to Bill Vickery and everyone in between. Without you, I would have forfeited the rest of the afternoon. Somehow, I'll find a way to repay you.

I'm sorry I couldn't have thanked more of you in person.

THANK YOU!

R.L.
    Rod Lentino #92 '03 Subaru Impreza 2.5TS
    Sponsored by Cooper Equipment Rentals
    sigpic

Re: Saturday Help

The exact same Thanks from me for saturday! Without the help of everyone, From all the people in our pits, to all the other pits who helped out, to all the members of PMSC who helped out.. They would not let me give up.. It was truely excellent.. and I could not ask for a better bunch of people to race with! Just a strait up thanks to a lot of people who kept me in the game!!!

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!!!
    Josh Taylor
    Ice Racing
    Chevette hell yeah

BallzOut Racing

Nugold, The official oil of Engine Failure

Two Hard Boiled All Up In His Grill

Comment

I agree - what an amazing demonstration of showmanship from everyone this weekend. People were running everywhere to grab hardware, rims & other parts from other racers who gladly gave them up to help another racer. Just awesome.

On another note - I apologize wholeheartedly to everyone I "collected" after I spun the truck out in practice Saturday morning. Not sure who was all in that mess, but I think quite a few FWDers. Was trying a new line and it wasn't exactly working out LOL Sorry guys!!
      sigpic
      1982 Datsun 210 TLMC RTI
      2009 Female Rookie & Best Prepared | 2014 Sponsor www.bartlettstowing.com

Comment

I was going to do a thank you as well so I hope you don't mind me hogging your thread.

I broke an axle in saturdays qualifer and if it wasn't for an axle from Lee and required tools from Todd and Frank my weekend would've been over,huge thanks to you guys for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Chevettes4ever View Post
          The exact same Thanks from me for saturday! Without the help of everyone, From all the people in our pits, to all the other pits who helped out, to all the members of PMSC who helped out.. They would not let me give up.. It was truely excellent.. and I could not ask for a better bunch of people to race with! Just a strait up thanks to a lot of people who kept me in the game!!!

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!!!
          Josh, let me know if you still need a window. I'm thinking of raiding my parts stash in Hamilton for a Starter motor but that's not worth the fuel alone. If you need the window then that's worth the trip.
          #21 1985 Pontiac Acadian
          Class 1 & SS1 (RWD)
          TAC & TLMC
          [/URL]

Comment

thanks rodney... I am rethinking the lexan... Let me know what you can do... I have a fair trade for you Our room is pretty packed friday night... BUT there is plenty of room on the floor... you are welcome to stay with us friday night!! we leave nbay around 530 and generally arrive 2.5 to 3 hours later... cya there!! bring a pile of blankets for bedding - Josh
            Josh Taylor
            Ice Racing
            Chevette hell yeah

BallzOut Racing

Comment

I love ice racing for that reason, although its competitive people will still help you out, and there was a lot of that on saturday!
              I guess here might be a good spot for me to say my own thank yous and stuff, to andrew majik, brandon rashleigh, lisa and everyone else who helped fix up my door after it had been rendered un-shuttable. To my whole family of course for supporting me and making sure i didn't quit, PMSC for a great weekend, and everyone who lapped me, i know rookies are annoying to get around
              Id like to apologize for hitting a few people, I can assure you none of it was done on purpose - im new! hehe
              Emma Hughes
              1990 Ford Festiva #148 TAC
              2009 Bank Manager

Comment

ok.. Here's an update on the chevette.. I hammered the door back into shape tonight, permamounted the glass... repaired the door latch so it will work properly.. If racing is a go, i'll put the doors back on friday evening! ah yes and install the rodney supplied drivers side glass
                Josh Taylor
                Ice Racing
                Chevette hell yeah

BallzOut Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Chevettes4ever View Post
                  ok.. Here's an update on the chevette.. I hammered the door back into shape tonight, permamounted the glass... repaired the door latch so it will work properly.. If racing is a go, i'll put the doors back on friday evening! ah yes and install the rodney supplied drivers side glass
                  Glass is in the car Josh. Along with bumpers and 3 starter motors. Ack.
                  And headlight bezels for Mr. Bradburn.
                  #21 1985 Pontiac Acadian
                  Class 1 & SS1 (RWD)
                  TAC & TLMC
                  [/URL]

Comment

Didnt't see the point in starting a new thread with the same title, so just posting it here instead. Just wanted to Thank Kiyo and Dan for their help with my car on Saturday, had to replace the rad and after that Dan went out with me for a ride and showed me a few tricks. I know that Kiyo and Dan are not on here but I wanted to make my appreciation known, as I probably would have missed a race trying to replace it my self. Also Thanks to andrew for taking me out to practice and showing me a few tricks!
                    Ice Racing #96, S/\C #302
                    1999 Honda Civic DX Coupe-DD, 2006 Sonata GLS-DD
                    2006 Bank Manager

Comment

As Kent did before me, I'm going to lay down my thanks here. On Saturday I got tangled up in practice, and the result was the whole front end of my car being bent about 2" over to the drivers side. When I opened the hood, I basically figured my season was done, as the frame was bent over so far that the belts couldn't be run without hitting the frame. Long story short, thanks to the efforts of many people, the frame got pulled back to a usable position. Thanks a bunch to Andrew and Randy for their frame pulling expertise, everybody who helped push the car around, and many many thanks to Bill for supplying the "frame straightening" equipment. I don't think there would have been a lamp post big enough to pull the car straight like with that truck. It should be noted that Bill even offered his Legacy for me to race if the Alltrac didn't straighten out. Bill Vickery, sportsman of the year. Period. Thanks everybody.
                      Andrew Vernon -#181
                      1986 MR2 - (spinning out in a race near you)
                      1989 All-Trac - (on sabbatical)

Comment

Me too! Thanks to the Class 1 crew for helping swap out my motor for a fresh 20 year old one. She works good, only a lifter and choke problem to resolve, or not.

Also, an apology to BARC for spewing oil and parts on the track. And a huge Thanks for the Red Flag and restart after I got knocked around like a rag doll by all the big fat cars right off the straight.
                        #21 1985 Pontiac Acadian
                        Class 1 & SS1 (RWD)
                        TAC & TLMC
                        [/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by herbie View Post
                          Me too! Thanks to the Class 1 crew for helping swap out my motor for a fresh 20 year old one. She works good, only a lifter and choke problem to resolve, or not.

Also, an apology to BARC for spewing oil and parts on the track. And a huge Thanks for the Red Flag and restart after I got knocked around like a rag doll by all the big fat cars right off the straight.
                          so I take it you blew your motor...glad to hear you got a new one in, almost sounds like you did what josh did a few yers ago.
                          Last edited by Kent Missons; 02-23-2009, 03:11 PM.
                          Ice Racing #96, S/\C #302
                          1999 Honda Civic DX Coupe-DD, 2006 Sonata GLS-DD
                          2006 Bank Manager

Comment

Originally posted by Kent Missons View Post
                            so I take it you blew your motor...glad to hear you got a new one in, almost sounds like you did what josh did a fe yers ago.
                            It's a Chevette thing. We wouldn't understand.
                            Rod Lentino #92 '03 Subaru Impreza 2.5TS
                            Sponsored by Cooper Equipment Rentals
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by herbie View Post
                              And a Huge Thanks for the Red Flag and restart after I got knocked around like a rag doll by all the big fat cars right off the straight.
                              Yea What was with that! ...I was watching from the Mock grid ... It looked like a pack of wolves on a wounded dear!!!

Holy crap! after an 18 hour ordeal to swap a motor that was uncalled for ...

And as for starting at the back of the pack in SS3 after replacing a driveshaft and wheel bearing .... Ahhh... nuff said ...not my thread ...
                              Ice Racing will always be a Black art! So ... In order to finish first, ... first you must Finish!

CASC-OR Ice Race Director
                              Toronto Autosport Club Ice Race Organizer
                              Minden Kin Club Member
                              District 8 Secretary Kin Canada
                              Car Number 1
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X