Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spring Drivers Meeting

Hi all,

If you have any digital media that you would like to donate for use in the banquet videos please bring them this weekend on a CD/DVD and give them to Sharon or myself #179. Please label your CD/DVD with your name and class.

Any in-car footage from studs, street studs, and classes 2/3 would be awesome. Pictures or videos from the pits would be great also.

Last night I finished a quick rough cut on one video and I like it already.
    Rod Lentino #92 '03 Subaru Impreza 2.5TS
    Sponsored by Cooper Equipment Rentals
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Do It Sidewayz View Post
      oh...and no one caught my comment about my number being "mine" next year too....think harder.
      [/URL])
      Oh i read it, I just didn't take it very seriously.
      --And thats nothing you should take personally btw.
      ---

And rod you may use any of my pictures for the banquet! i just got a brand new kickass camera to use this weekend so i'll take some awesome ones for ya

( i think the link to my pb is....somewhere... i'll pm you)
      Last edited by eh1990; 02-25-2009, 11:23 AM.
      Emma Hughes
      1990 Ford Festiva #148 TAC
      2009 Bank Manager

Comment

Originally posted by eh1990 View Post
        Chris, are you running for ice racing director?

You sure put in a lot of opinions for someone who doesn't participate in ice racing anymore. Sharon has asked us, plain and clearly in big bold red letters to STOP. If you have something to share, bring it to the drivers meeting.
        why can't we talk about it???????? it's a subject that alot of people are whining about so i don't see why we can't discuss it on the forum before the drivers meeting this weekend. Ya while chris doesn't participate anymore, he has some good points. AND he did participate for many years so he knows what he's talking about. Saying he can't comment cause he doesn't run anymore is a cop out
        Lisa Shaw
        Class 2 #185

Comment

I'm not saying he can't contribute or neglecting that he is a good racer.
          obviously this is something he feels very strongly about and if so, he should come and contribute at the meeting as well. I'm just saying we should respect Sharon's wishes.
          Emma Hughes
          2009 Bank Manager

Comment

....waits for someone to just start a new thread....

oh...and i'm speaking up because i've seen some "questionable" rules put into the book in the past couple years...I can see some "bank running" rule get put into the book, and it will just open up a can of worms, a can which contains protests, appeals, hearings, etc.
            Chris
            Old School Motorsports

Comment

Holy hell in a handbasket. I believe this topic has reached it's saturation point. So, changing subject. Hey, Mr. Pot Stirrer, why be cryptic about "having your number still"? Are you intending to run a full stud season next year, or just show up once in a while to warm up for the rally season?
              Andrew Vernon -#181
              1986 MR2 - (spinning out in a race near you)
              1989 All-Trac - (on sabbatical)

Comment

Originally posted by TRBOTAXI View Post
                Hi all,

If you have any digital media that you would like to donate for use in the banquet videos please bring them this weekend on a CD/DVD and give them to Sharon or myself #179. Please label your CD/DVD with your name and class.

Any in-car footage from studs, street studs, and classes 2/3 would be awesome. Pictures or videos from the pits would be great also.

Last night I finished a quick rough cut on one video and I like it already.
                I will bring everything I've got…
                sigpic
                1982 Datsun 210 TLMC RTI
                2009 Female Rookie & Best Prepared | 2014 Sponsor www.bartlettstowing.com

Comment

I have sat back and tried to bite my tongue but it is time for me to speak up. I am sorry Sharon. References to "cheating" and "no skill involved" to me are from persons who do not know what they are talking about. I agree with some comments made by Scott Miller and Chris Martin. The idea of ice racing on rubber is to find the lines around the track with the most grip. Sometimes the line around the bottom edge of the bank is fast and other times ii is not; the same as sometimes the inside line with hooking the wheel in a rut on the inside edge of the track can be a fast way raround a corner. To say there is no skill, they do not know what they are talking about! Having to steer through pockets of deep snow dropped on the track by other drivers who have gone in to a corner too fast and punched the snow bank, or drove up the bank and dropped down out of control or drove up on the bank and come down creating a ramp.Some people can run this line successfully and other's can't. If and when the topic comes up at the meeting, I will discuss it further.
                  Regards: Bryan Rashleigh
                  BLR

Comment

Originally posted by Ponygal View Post
                    I will bring everything I've got…
                    Think you can con Glenn into bringing his shots???? And maybe his vids??? He's got some good stuff too
                    Ice Race Director

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan Rashleigh View Post
                      I am sorry Sharon.

No need to apologize.....Considering that 2 pages have been posted since my 'big red letter' post I figured the point was moot now anyway.

HAVE AT 'ER FOLKS!!! Maybe if everyone gets their opinions expressed here on the forum we will have time to discuss other things at the meeting.

I just hope this topic, if and when it comes up, is kept nice, clean and as short as possible. I really don't want it to get out of hand as it seems to be on here. It seems like it's an important topic to lots of people and should be discussed. Most of you race together, drink together, hang out together....we all spend our weekends together in one way or another....let's keep the name calling, finger pointing and accusations out of the equation and discuss this civilly.
                      Ice Race Director

Comment

^ agreed. I can see an issue like this turning out like the bumper rule of a couple of years ago. Not really that critical in the grand scheme of things, but talked to death in the drivers meeting. To be honest, if bank running is the most controversial thing happening in ice racing today, life is pretty frickin sweet. And I would say life is pretty frickin sweet.
                        Andrew Vernon -#181
                        1986 MR2 - (spinning out in a race near you)
                        1989 All-Trac - (on sabbatical)

Comment

Originally posted by Do It Sidewayz View Post
                          ....waits for someone to just start a new thread....

oh...and i'm speaking up because i've seen some "questionable" rules put into the book in the past couple years...I can see some "bank running" rule get put into the book, and it will just open up a can of worms, a can which contains protests, appeals, hearings, etc.
                          which is why i asked if your running for director. You obviously feel you know more about racing than the people who made the rules, why dont you step up then? Most people accept the rules for what they are, rules. Whether you agree or not. I thought the rule about passengers not being able to speak up during instances like protests was stupid, i still do think its stupid. I'm not making diagrams and stuff.. i accept its a rule and now that im a driver i dont care as much
                          Emma Hughes
                          2009 Bank Manager

Comment

^^ i don't see what your beef with Chris is?? he's raced longer then you have which mean's he's had more experience with bank running ect... i don't see why you have to jump on everything he posts... he's making some good points that doesnt mean he needs to run for ice race director... diagrams show people things in a more of a visual way, some are visual learners while others can read and understand it that way (i learned that in teachers college this week ) and no jab at sharon or anything, but she's never ice raced before so we may see things in different ways then she does...
                            Lisa Shaw
                            Class 2 #185

Comment

Cause the Ice Race Director..umm..."DIRECTS". You and i have just as much power, to bring up proposals and have them voted on. We can stay we need a rule, this rule is BS, etc.

and now that you are a driver....remember "rules are meant to be broken". Rulebooks are nothing but a bunch of "phases" we need to decifer, understand and work around. Those that figure out ways to maximize the rules go fast....

Which is why i say....write a "bank running" rule. Someone WILL find a away around it, and the can of worms has opened....and we better hire a judge.
                              Chris
                              Old School Motorsports

Comment

Originally posted by RSR Racing View Post
                                ^^ and no jab at sharon or anything, but she's never ice raced before so we may see things in different ways then she does...
                                not a jab???

Sharon did everyone a huge, and I mean humongus favour when I couldn't continue and she stepped up, You don't need to drive to undersatnd what's going on. I was working with the FF1600's and I don't even fit in one. If bank running is serious then the provision is purple flags. I suspect it's the lesser drivers being passed by the bank users that are getting upset. Ever try and run a bank? Just ask Kent. You have to be extremely skilled to even go near the banks or the balls to. I have much fear not like Baldy or Brian and a couple others.

The job of the Director is to remove as many rules as possible. To make it fun and easy. Just ask Mavis.

Name calling just doesn't cut it. Not only does Chris have tons of experience but ask his Dad or Uncle. Love to have them all on my team. Lisa you know better and Stef let her have it...no not in that way but ya know. Emma you can say what you want but just think first or ask your Dad, the power of 1.

This is a fun sport and once I'm back on weekends off next season look out for Crusher at the back of the pack like LTB. There's solitude back there. This is fun, remember?

And Sharon thanks again, you are my hero. Oh she may have not driven but she rode with Tom P, that's experience enough.

Ok I'm done, I just got a fork stuck in me.
                                "Love thine enemies, it scares the hell out of them"
                                "You never have enough gas until you're on fire!" Ken Schrader NSCS

Comment

Working...
                                X