Spring Drivers Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spring Drivers Meeting

i didn't mean it meanly at all.. and i hope sharon didn't take it that way (you know I love you chicklet) the joys of the internet and not being about to get things thru with emotion. I'm just saying that i think racers should be able to discuss among eachother what we agree upon and disagree upon. You never know who's point of view you can change by hearing the otherside. I'm just talking about a driver's point of view, up until i got into a driver's seat I really had no idea whats going on in a car. So if Sharon hears our point of views, maybe it will change her points of view, thats all i'm trying to say. SO Sharon.. really hope i didn't offend you with that comment, hope you know thats not what i'm trying to do
    AND.. i'm done... till the drivers meeting this weekend
    Last edited by RSR Racing; 02-26-2009, 07:47 PM.
    Lisa Shaw
    Class 2 #185

Comment

Originally posted by Crusher45 View Post
      not a jab???

Sharon did everyone a huge, and I mean humongous favour when I couldn't continue and she stepped up, You don't need to drive to undersatnd what's going on. ........ And Sharon thanks again, you are my hero.
      Thanks for that Dave. I knew I had some mighty big shoes to fill and to hear it from the owner of those shoes is compliment enough. I guess I can't be doing that bad a job as Director or I wouldn't have been voted back in. Either that, or it was a lack of candidates that got me back in

And I did not take offense to what Lisa said. I'm the first to admit to being a chicken and never wanting to race myself . Although lately I've been considering it....for about 3 seconds at a time! LOL

I can only do my best....let's hope it continues to be good enough for everyone.
      Ice Race Director

Comment

Sharon I remember when I sat on the BOD of CASC and I came across a really good saying that was posted in the office of Nick Craw when he was President of SCCA.

If you are a sanctioning body and no one is yelling at you, you are not doing your job.

It is a thankless job and often many of the volunteers that take on these jobs are taken for granted and are just expected to keep doing it. Personally I have always taken the stance of doing the job to the best of my ability, like you, and if someone doesn't like it. Well they are welcome to come and do a better job.

Keep up the good work

Rod Grundy
        BEMC
        Never fear a challenge
        Amateurs built the Ark
        Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by Trackside View Post
          It is a thankless job and often many of the volunteers that take on these jobs are taken for granted and are just expected to keep doing it. Personally I have always taken the stance of doing the job to the best of my ability, like you, and if someone doesn't like it. Well they are welcome to come and do a better job.

Keep up the good work

Rod Grundy
          BEMC

Couldn't have said it better myself And thanks.
          Ice Race Director

Comment

In other news.....Is there any reason that the split in the street stud class can't be scheduled at the beginning of the year and not every race day? The 1&4 and 3 class shuffle is slightly confusing to simple folk like myself

Seems I missed this last page before I posted my question and I too wanted to thank Sharon for the excellent job she does.
            Bill
            Retired class SS4, car #83

" If you're not afraid of horse power, you don't have enough. "

Comment

Originally posted by water-skipper View Post
              In other news.....Is there any reason that the split in the street stud class can't be scheduled at the beginning of the year and not every race day? The 1&4 and 3 class shuffle is slightly confusing to simple folk like myself

Seems I missed this last page before I posted my question and I too wanted to thank Sharon for the excellent job she does.
              Rest assured, the split will be incorporated into the schedule before it's printed next season. That way there will be no more missing races
              Ice Race Director

Comment

I have never iced raced have been a passenger a few times over the years at either my own clubs events or when I went up to watch and or help other clubs. I have helped my club BEMC with the organizing of their event over the years and was a Marshall at mosport for a few years now retired from that but did flag ice races for years so my 2 cents on bank running.

There are some that do intentionally to steer their cars and others that take a line that is close to the bank, I could mention names and or #'s but that is not the point, the purple flags were brought in as I understood it to protect the banks and competitors from damage and were to be put in place to stop having Tom going out to plow the banks back up during the day and delay the racing. that was/is my understanding maybe wrong.

Sharon you do a great job and hope that what is discussed at the drivers meeting will then be given to the organizers to look at too and the stewards which I know it will be.

Sharon does a great job so if is not broke don't fix it.

Gary Poth
                BEMC

Comment

lisa, i agree its hard to promote your emotions via the internet. What i said about or to chris wasn't meant to be taken as seriously as it was. I'm a sarcastic person (Dad hates it... i wonder why..) and it doesn't show up very clearly over forums, sorry chris, if you felt i was "attacking" you, i barely know you

For the record as well, i dont feel i need to ask my dad permission before speaking...i make up my own mind, if you feel that im "against" bank running because my dad clearly is... your wrong. Ever wonder why i never said anything about bank running in the first place? ..because i havent made up my mind about the whole situation.
                  Emma Hughes
                  1990 Ford Festiva #148 TAC
                  2009 Bank Manager

Comment

we have decided to goto the drivers meeting to watch the sillyness unfold
                    Josh Taylor
                    Ice Racing
                    Chevette hell yeah

BallzOut Racing

Nugold, The official oil of Engine Failure

Two Hard Boiled All Up In His Grill

Comment

Originally posted by Champ98 View Post
                      """just the small berm at the bottom of the bank where my rubber would meet it. I never once felt I was in a dangerous position vis-a-vis the other cars in fact it felt a lot more safe along the bank due to exceptional degree of control afforded by the excellent traction ! """
                      Hey Andy don't take quotes out of context!
                      The entire sentence reads ...
                      "Further more for approximately half the distance around the corner there was no car contact with the bank just the small berm at the bottom of the bank where my rubber would meet it"

"...approximately half the distance around the corner ..." means just that. As for the other half of the time the car was either against the bank , on top of the bank, part way up the bank ( as in the beautiful photo ...) or driving through the remnants of a piece of the bank that had been knocked down and out onto the track.

So there .. na na na naa naaa!
                      sigpic SACEWE!!!
                      Minden House, S/\Ctionizer
                      Car #24

Comment

[QUOTE=Crusher45;140660]
                        Originally posted by angus macsac View Post
                        "Cheating" ???? How is that cheating???!!!

And who you calling a cheater !?
                        QUOTE]

And this coming from a driver who ran his OVLOV in rubber in the LTB shootout with SS tires on. Surprised he had them on the back wheels. LOL.

Haa Haaaaaa !
                        Man you had sharp eyes that day or were you suspicious just cause of the wicked speed differential ???!!!
                        But just remember it was rubber tires (no studs Hakkapolitta II's) on in an SS1 "boat" race. I claimed a dissadvantage.
                        sigpic SACEWE!!!
                        Minden House, S/\Ctionizer
                        Car #24

Comment

Originally posted by Chevettes4ever View Post
                          we have decided to goto the drivers meeting to watch the sillyness unfold
                          I think I may sleep in.
                          Dave

Comment

[QUOTE=angus macsac;140881]
                            Originally posted by Crusher45 View Post

Haa Haaaaaa !
                            Man you had sharp eyes that day or were you suspicious just cause of the wicked speed differential ???!!!
                            But just remember it was rubber tires (no studs Hakkapolitta II's) on in an SS1 "boat" race. I claimed a dissadvantage.
                            They were street studs and you know it. Concerned you lappde the feild twice, once with the 4x4's, yes suspicious. BUT great laugh when you passed them.

And what was the other quote, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"?, "If it ain't broke, you're not trying hard enough!"

As for bank running, leave that to Kent.
                            "Love thine enemies, it scares the hell out of them"
                            "You never have enough gas until you're on fire!" Ken Schrader NSCS

Comment

This is turning into the next Checkered Flag, only not quite as funny.
                              Andrew Vernon -#181
                              1986 MR2 - (spinning out in a race near you)
                              1989 All-Trac - (on sabbatical)

Comment

Originally posted by angus macsac View Post
                                Hey Andy don't take quotes out of context!
                                The entire sentence reads ...
                                "Further more for approximately half the distance around the corner there was no car contact with the bank just the small berm at the bottom of the bank where my rubber would meet it"

"...approximately half the distance around the corner ..." means just that. As for the other half of the time the car was either against the bank , on top of the bank, part way up the bank ( as in the beautiful photo ...) or driving through the remnants of a piece of the bank that had been knocked down and out onto the track.

So there .. na na na naa naaa!
                                HHAAAA Haaaaaa haaaa!!! ...everyones heading north now I can post .... I thought I'd get you with that one Scotty! ...How come it took you a week to post!!! ...

Thanks for the piccy Jimmy!!
                                Ice Racing will always be a Black art! So ... In order to finish first, ... first you must Finish!

CASC-OR Ice Race Director
                                Toronto Autosport Club Ice Race Organizer
                                Minden Kin Club Member
                                District 8 Secretary Kin Canada
                                Car Number 1
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X