2010 Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Project

El Gran Tuna is getting some well deserved head work. Too soon? You be the judge after your analysis of exhaust port #4.

Rod Lentino #92 '03 Subaru Impreza 2.5TS
    Sponsored by Cooper Equipment Rentals
    sigpic

Re: 2010 Project

It's not December yet
    Some people may think you are CHEATING!!!!!
    Working on an Ice Racer this time of year.
    My Granny would have said "Well I Never!!!!"
    Got to run that one in street stud for 2010
    The other Jimmy
    Staff Photgrapher,AllGlass Race Team
    Official S/\Cographer,S/\C News

Comment

Not early enough! I want to run Auto-X in late summer to shake out the tuning bugs. So far, I had to utter a profanity laced slurry of words for every bolt I removed. It's not going smooth.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TRBOTAXI View Post
        Not early enough! I want to run Auto-X in late summer to shake out the tuning bugs. So far, I had to utter a profanity laced slurry of words for every bolt I removed. It's not going smooth.
        Come run Auto-x with us TLMC guys, you know you want to.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/arti...ad-gasket.html

Seems DSM guys think its a leak from the coolant line to the chamber. It explains the pressure there too... Lets hope the head isnt warped.

"When it goes the other way and air escapes from the cylinders into the coolant, you’ll get the often-mentioned “pushing coolant” scenario. What happens is the compression in the combustion chamber pressurizes the coolant system, causing it to bubble or flow out of the radiator overflow bottle. This type of failure will usually cause the car to run hot, and can quickly cause a cascade of other problems."

"Although you can buy equipment to test for this, there is a cheaper method that has been used for years. Remove the thermostat (with the engine cold!), start the car, and observe the fluid flowing through the thermostat housing after the engine is warm. If you see it bubbling or the level bouncing around dramatically, you may have a pushing coolant issue." <- sounds familiar.

Either way, OFF WITH HER HEAD!
        Fiero #159 Ice racing

Thats what she said.

Comment

Originally posted by AW11_4AGZE View Post
          Come run Auto-x with us TLMC guys, you know you want to.
          Yes. I want. I want. If you know of a surplus store selling magic wands I'll take a dozen. Princess Auto, XS Cargo, Tiger Direct, Active Surplus, Bargain Harold's, and Bi-Way are all out! Consumers has them, but they're on back order.
          sigpic

Comment

If you know of a surplus store selling magic wands I'll take a dozen.
            Have you tried Big Bob's House of Wands???
            1983 Mazda Rx-7 Ice Racer TLMC
            Sponsored by:Bartlett's Towing

Comment

Anyone know where to buy one, single, individual metric 12-point deep socket? I don't want a $300 set for Ch$*%t Sake!
              sigpic

Comment

Anyone know where to buy one, single, individual metric 12-point deep socket? I don't want a $300 set for Ch$*%t Sake!
                Canadian Mafaka? What size?
                Fiero #159 Ice racing

Thats what she said.

Comment

Go hunting at Sears. Should be able to buy the craftsman singles.
                  Chris
                  Old School Motorsports

Comment

Head bolts for the dsm?? i have one if you want to borrow it but i got it from craftsman in the singles section. Like 6 bucks or so.

Comment

Thanks guys I'll check those places. I'd borrow it but no telling when I can return it so...
                      sigpic

Comment

Don't forget Princess Auto, especially if you want to round off the edges on those bolt heads!
                        #25 summer & winter

Comment

Yes. I want. I want. If you know of a surplus store selling magic wands I'll take a dozen. Princess Auto, XS Cargo, Tiger Direct, Active Surplus, Bargain Harold's, and Bi-Way are all out! Consumers has them, but they're on back order.
                          Bargain Harolds??? Bi-Way??? Consumers (Distributing)????? I didn't think you were old enuff to remember all those stores!!! HAHAHAHAHA I worked at a couple, but of course, now I'm aging myself
                          Ice Race Director

Comment

I too remember all of those stores… you also forgot Towers, Woolco, Kresgie's and Simpsons LMAO
                            sigpic
                            1982 Datsun 210 TLMC RTI
                            2009 Female Rookie & Best Prepared | 2014 Sponsor www.bartlettstowing.com

Comment

Working...
                            X