Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 regulations?

Hi,all

Does anybody know what the new 2010 ice race regulations are?
    Kiyo
    Car #125

Re: 2010 regulations?

http://www.casc.on.ca/documents/icer...egsicerace.pdf
    The other Jimmy
    Staff Photgrapher,AllGlass Race Team
    Official S/\Cographer,S/\C News

Comment

I am too lazy to read through everything. If someone could point out any changes or differences from last years regulations, if there are any, it would be much appreciated.
      Kiyo
      Car #125

Comment

Kiyo,

I suggest you read as majority of the changes were to studs.

Coles notes:
        - Amber strobe light
        - Recommended Mud Flaps
        - Mandatory Roll cage and all new cages must meet Appendix “O”
        Dave

Comment

Originally posted by rx1800 View Post
          I am too lazy to read through everything. If someone could point out any changes or differences from last years regulations, if there are any, it would be much appreciated.
          I am curious as to why you asked what the new regulations are if you did not want to read them?

It is the drivers obligation to know the rules before they enter
          Never fear a challenge
          Amateurs built the Ark
          Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Kiyo is hardcore. Thats why!
            Josh Taylor
            Ice Racing
            Chevette hell yeah

BallzOut Racing

Nugold, The official oil of Engine Failure

Two Hard Boiled All Up In His Grill

Comment

There are no specifications as to what type of mud flaps may be used (molded plastic, rubber, grass skirt style), only that they be securely fastened/mounted, do not exceed the bodyline of the car by more than ½ inch and are no less than 2” from the ice surface with the driver in the car.
              According to the bolded text from the Regulations its wording says mudflaps cannot be any closer to the ice than 2 inches, but does not say how far away the mudflaps can be from the ice, as to indicate a maximum distance from the ice surface. I could be misinterpreting the wording, so could someone make it clear to me. And if my interpretation of the regulations are correct, what is the maximum distance the mudflaps can be from the ice.
              Kiyo
              Car #125

Comment

According to the bolded text from the Regulations its wording says mudflaps cannot be any closer to the ice than 2 inches, but does not say how far away the mudflaps can be from the ice, as to indicate a maximum distance from the ice surface. I could be misinterpreting the wording, so could someone make it clear to me. And if my interpretation of the regulations are correct, what is the maximum distance the mudflaps can be from the ice.

You are indeed correct Kiyo in spotting the poorly worded and therefore meaningless bold type "are no less than 2" from the ice surface with the driver in the car". I brought that up at the fall rules/driver meeting but was told it was obvious what it meant.

Kiyo, the mud flaps are not mandatory.

the more i know the less i know .... the more i know the less i know .... the more i know the less i know ....
                sigpic SACEWE!!!
                Minden House, S/\Ctionizer
                Car #24

Comment

Hi,all

Does anybody know what the new 2010 ice race regulations are?
                  CASC website, top righthand corner, "Ice racing". They are there.

I'm the Clerk for the 1st weekend. I've looked up the rule changes

Comment

thank you for stepping forward - I was getting worried we might not get to have fun!

Comment

Wow! .... As the last resort we are using senior CASC Stewards as Clerks! and by that Bill I don't mean age I mean seniority amongst the ranks ...

I believe we need to revamp the qualifications for Ice race clerks with a sub rule off the GCR's to allow members of CASC affiliated clubs to more easily get this qualification where Ice racing is concerned ...

Andy

And As Graham said Bill, thank you for stepping forward so that we can race .... If there's enough ice :-)
                      Ice Racing will always be a Black art! So ... In order to finish first, ... first you must Finish!

CASC-OR Ice Race Director
                      Toronto Autosport Club Ice Race Organizer
                      Minden Kin Club Member
                      District 8 Secretary Kin Canada
                      Car Number 1
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X