Tire Size For Best Traction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tire Size For Best Traction?

So I guess you have too many tires then when you bring your own tire truck then At our last inventory count we had 60 tires. Thats lower than the year before lol.

Comment

Yes 60 is too many tires,consider for a moment what $6,000(normal $100 per tire) can buy.

Your Dad might not have to drive the same damn car for ANOTHER 20 years!.

Comment

Well Jon runs like 7 classes, so not surprise
        Lisa Shaw
        Class 2 #185

Comment

Originally posted by Do It Sidewayz View Post
          Bah..the right combination for Studs is gobs of power and a heavy right foot!

I have heard from several sources that one of the best (or worst) ways to harden tires, is place them near electrical fuse boxes, some where there is decent current moving past.
          I placed mine on a big BBQ rotisserie, loaded it up with a nice hot bed of coals, aimed it at the sun ( I figured it's the largest naturally occuring micro wave source), angled a bunch of mirrors at them (to concentrate the effect) and naturally baked 'em. I started with just one concave mirror, but you know what they say "more is better". Discovery Channel HD was gonna drop by and do a segment on it but by the time they got here there was just a pool of black goo left. I probably shouldn't have gone and left it alone for so long. You'd think the neighbours would say something about the smell? but he must work shift or something cause I never see anyone there, the drapes are always closed and lot of light coming from inside all the time.
          Anyhow, that was a pretty expensive mistake so now I just leave 'em out in the back yard all summer to bake naturally and just flip 'em every couple of weeks.
          Attached Files
          sigpic SACEWE!!!
          Minden House, S/\Ctionizer
          Car #24

Comment

Kinda feel like I am blowing it seeing as I ran all last year on $10 used tires and I haven't even ordered my tires for this year yet. Anyone know where I can find a super-sized microwave?
            _____
            BMW E30 (#84) | Honda Civic (Chumpcar - Scrap Denial #19)

Comment

Shane I ran my new tires last year without any sun curing etc,they grew ALOT in only 1 race so I figured I was screwed but they stopped growing and I only lost 5 or 6 total for the season.
              A big part is the car set-up,crazy camber angles can drag the studs across the ice and the rest is driving the tire the car like a rubber car(well like a rubber should be driven,not like some of the throttle to the floor polishers out there).
              Keep the sliding to a minimum and you should be all right,I know its not the fun way but it is faster.

Comment

Working...
              X