any word on track condition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any word on track condition?

Since the casc site is down I thought I'd post the question here.I have been expecting the first weekend to be postponed with the weather so far-anyone in the know on this one?.
    I so need a no traction wheel to wheel fix! ,its snowing like a mother f**cker here and I was already out playing/practising.

Bummer,just got the word that the first weekend has been cancelled!(I'm really not surprised!)

Comment

I'm not either, but it gives us another weekend to prep the car
      What class are you running in?
      Shift_Happens

Comment

Originally posted by ice/solo racer
        . . . just got the word that the first weekend has been cancelled!(I'm really not surprised!)
        Yahoo ! (with apologies to all those who have been working on their cars and are ready to go.)

Due to problems at work and various other sundry excuses - my "Brazilian Wonder Car" (VW Fox) is still waiting to be prepped.

Nick - the Procrastinator King - Majors
        ===================
        M NICK MAJORS
        Race Director - CASC-OR

- 2010 CASC-OR Formula Libre Roadrace Champion (Elan DP02 sportsracer)
        - 2006/2007/2008 - 3 time CASC-OR GT1 Roadrace Champion (Viper Competition Coupe)
        - 2008 Mobil1 RaceOntario OVERALL Roadrace Champion ("Darth Viper")
        - 2007 Ice Racing OVERALL and RWD Stud Class Champion (turbo-charged 240sx)

(Executive Director - RACE DRIVERS' GUILD of CANADA - )

Comment

I've been getting into the CASC forum directly through teutonic.ca then selecting FORUMS even though casc.on.ca is down.

Comment

Originally posted by RedRabbit Racer
            I've been getting into the CASC forum directly through teutonic.ca then selecting FORUMS even though casc.on.ca is down.
            But today I have not even been able to get onto Teutonic - it keeps saying :

"Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/teutonic/forums/class_db_zugriff.php on line 23" - etc. etc.

Nick
            ===================
            M NICK MAJORS
            Race Director - CASC-OR

- 2010 CASC-OR Formula Libre Roadrace Champion (Elan DP02 sportsracer)
            - 2006/2007/2008 - 3 time CASC-OR GT1 Roadrace Champion (Viper Competition Coupe)
            - 2008 Mobil1 RaceOntario OVERALL Roadrace Champion ("Darth Viper")
            - 2007 Ice Racing OVERALL and RWD Stud Class Champion (turbo-charged 240sx)

(Executive Director - RACE DRIVERS' GUILD of CANADA - )

Comment

Pat looks like I'll be playing in the short wheelbase fwd class(class 2)just like Robbs civic right?you are still running Robbs civic right?.
              I'll be co-driving my brothers old dodge colt,makes about 40hp!!.

It was impressive last year-first race ever with no testing about 3 weekends in(so everyone else has their crap sorted)and started last in class on sunday(missed qualifing)and smoked thru the field to finish 5th while more than keeping pace with the usual front runners.
              I just uncorked the exhaust and pulled out the air filter so at least I can hear the damn thing running!

Did I mention I hate quiet cars?

Comment

Actually, Robb, Perry, Mike and myself are all running in long wheelbase.
                No brainer on you and 'quiet' cars...
                Shift_Happens

Comment

Hmmm,that kinda sucks!-I was hoping to rub fenders with 1 or more of you guys

Oh well the funny thing is with ice racing is that there is always some red neck moron that gets confused and thinks its a wrecking race so I'll get to rub doors with someone!

Comment

Any word on when we can take the cars to the track? I was wondering if people bring their cars up the weekend before the season starts. I was hoping to avoid a Friday night tow on the first weekend. (whenever that is, fingers crossed, hoping it's only a one week delay) However, I don't know if there are access or security issues.

Anyone got any inside scoop? We've almost finished with the car prep. (and we are hoping like hell it will still run, now that we are amolst finished "improving" it)
                    Gary

Comment

Hi Gary,its not usually a problem to bring the cars up early-in this case you'd be on time its just the season thats late.

Tom Prentice just askes that you keep the cars along the back snow bank out of the way of plowing(basically where I was when you looked at the car).

So hows my old alltrac?,I hope all is well with it?,look forward to seeing your improvements as the front strait is apparently a little longer this year-should help with the power advantage over other 4wd cars there.Of course you still gotta whoa up for turn 1-something I was having a little trouble with last year,just loved that thing pulling in 3rd and hated to shut it down you know!

Comment

Hey Tom, give me some details on that Colt. Inquiring minds want to know.

(Also, if it's the same model as my Mirage (CC platform, 1993-1995), I'm in the market for some good condition stock headlights, etc.)

- J

Comment

Rubbing Fenders

Originally posted by ice/solo racer
                          Hmmm,that kinda sucks!-I was hoping to rub fenders with 1 or more of you guys

Oh well the funny thing is with ice racing is that there is always some red neck moron that gets confused and thinks its a wrecking race so I'll get to rub doors with someone!
                          Take a cruise in second driver class, I'll gladly rub some fenders with ya!
                          Perry Iannuzzi
                          Past President
                          Canadian Automobile Sport Clubs -Ontario Region

Comment

I'd love to Perry but I believe they decided to split fwd second driver into their respective 2 groups as the field was getting to be too large.
                            Otherwise your ass is mine!!

If you have more than one car in the same class and no second driver one day I'll gladly fill the seat and go head to head!

(so hows my car slut in training going?-very well I think)

Comment

Jay the details aren't to exciting with the colt-its a '88 I think?its one of the old colt hatchs with the carb'ed engine(1500cc)and the square rear wheel wells(fugly!).
                              Its totally tricked out with stripped out interior,rewired with only power for ign,wipers,heater and a rear light(because the whole frigging harness was shorted!!)the car has had about 150lbs of ballast added in the front bumber and headlight area-the rest of the car is seriously lightened-mostly by missing metal-ie. rust.
                              I cut the exhaust off and strait piped it with a resonater,pulled the filter and advanced the timing-should be stupid fast this year now!

Comment

Working...
                              X