any word on track condition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Track looks. good..

and soo does my car (it was sitting about 2 over from your trailer)

You scratch my car.....i scratch you face
    Chris
    Old School Motorsports

Comment

I understand. Scratches are not good. There's all these blue marks on the bumper of the Toyota. Scratches. Even gouges. From some guy last year.

I saw your car. Looks good with the new paint......Wait a minute.....didn't it used to be blue???
      Gary

Comment

no no....those marks on your bumper would be "scuffs" or "chips" those are ok....it's scratches that are the worst

and if that thing wasn't so big and heavy i wouldn't have to use more "effort" to move it outta the way normally it's hardly noticable
        Chris
        Old School Motorsports

Comment

The truth Chris is that your young and impatient and simply didn't pick your spot to carefully before your pushed your way thru my car!.You knew your car had a significant traction advantage over my fresh and underdevoloped car and simply waiting untill the turn in for the next corner would have resulted in no contact.Some thing caused you to bend the center of car in after drifting into me half backwards the other time.Don't forget it is heavy but its also toyota tough-your subes don't want to start bashing it too much more as I'm sure you'll come out on the losing end.
          No big deal really-just letting you know that if I every run your class again and the situation is reversed don't be surpised to get just as big a rub!
          You should be safe for awhile since I'm getting more involved with summer time stuff(much nicer weather!) and don't have to much effort/cash left for the ice racing.If I ever do build another ice car it'll likely be a stud car with my corolla.

Comment

OOOOhhhh. Scuffs and chips are OK. Whew! I'm so glad you told me. I was starting to worry that they were scratches, and that we'd lose points in the concours judging........ There is a concours judging, of course...right? I mean, there just has to be one..... there just has to be.....after all that work with a toothbrush and all, we'd be just so, well, disappointed if there weren't.

As for being slow, and big, and heavy, and in the way, and all that, well, you know, the suspension was wounded last year. That's fixed, and there's been a bit more work done. The result may be that it will be even slower. On the other hand, it might be faster.....

We'll find out soon.
            Gary

Comment

Don't forget that front strait is longer this year!-if that sucker can find the exit grip those subes are in trouble,of course what gets going also has to get stopped so.....
              Sorry Chris but if that little worn honda wagon with all of about 75hp of mine could outrun your turbo subes so easily the celica when fully sorted should prove very quick-don't forget you guys have YEARS in the same cars so you can't say the car will always be in your way
              Oh and gary I forgot to tell you that the center diff is adjustable on the celica-need to start playing with that(or simply get it to lock as much as possible for starters).Jimmie Feney has a fuel cut defenser for the car and is willing to bump the boost back up if you haven't already.The car was stupid fast last year when I was running 14lbs-too bad the boost controller malfunctioned,hmm-wonder what say 16,17lbs would be like right after a stud race?.

Comment

Don't forget those purple flags will be at the end of the straightaway.
                "Love thine enemies, it scares the hell out of them"
                "You never have enough gas until you're on fire!" Ken Schrader NSCS

Comment

oooook....i was havin some fun, and get flamed for it.

wasn't a shot at the car, or the driver for that matter.

Frankly. i was more than impressed with how you got that car to work. I honestly thought it would be about 10 times worse than it was. But i was impressed!

And yeah...sometimes i'm a little impatient.

That Civic was good man....why you think i drive a 1700 lbs, and 70 hp Justy on the street?? Light and 4wd works.

BTW...this season could be fun....i done think we have a 323 GTX driven by some guy who's name starts with Mc, and ends with rath.

Should be fun....i hope.

Anyways..i guess i shoulda zipped up my nomex in the first place
                  Chris
                  Old School Motorsports

Comment

Originally posted by Crusher45
                    Don't forget those purple flags will be at the end of the straightaway.
                    The hell with the purple flags, what about the snowbanks as you go flying over the end and miss the turn all together!
                    HeeeYah!
                    Perry Iannuzzi
                    Past President
                    Canadian Automobile Sport Clubs -Ontario Region

Comment

oooook....i was havin some fun, and get flamed for it.

Hope you didn't take my post the wrong way. I laughed at your reply. I was hoping you'd laugh at my response, 'cause I was grinning from ear to ear as I wrote it.

Also, I can't imagine Tom meant anything other than good fun either. IMHO, he's just being his usual extroverted self

Keep smiling
                      Gary

Comment

nah man...you were good. I thought you'd get a kick outta it, and i got a kick outta yours.
                        Chris
                        Old School Motorsports

Comment

No worries Chris,like I said no problem's.When I make a mistake resulting in contact I usually beat that person back to their pit to tell them what an idiot I was,gravel for forgiveness or help straighten panels etc.(did you read russ bonds ice race recap in IT?he made mention of my tagging his MR2 really hard-said my apologies seemed sincere enough!!he seemed really pissy at the time however!!)
                          Same holds true when I have an issue with someone else beating on my car intentionally-you'll remember that I wasn't down to see you after you brushed me aside!
                          I didn't realize Tony had a gtx,I heard he was running an RX7 in studs-does that mean the gtx is for rubber?.Gary has been hard at work lightening the car and fixing the bad upper strut mounts that I didn't discover untill just before the season started(causing big time camber/toe changes)so I would expect the car to be much easier to drive which should also = faster.
                          If he's running 4wd rubber I wouldn't worry to much if I was you with that sube-I doubt there's to many people that will catch you consistantly given the set-up time and your ability to make it do its thing.(as long as the head gaskets stay intact!! )
                          Oh and Perry the celica does have some issues with the whoa thing(mostly because the go thing is so good)-I even replaced the twin piston front calipers with single piston ones off a fwd version hoping to limit wheel lock up-didn't help that much!.I rember being glad the banks were nice an big more than once last year!.

Comment

Working...
                          X