Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its fall,hows the prep coming?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Its fall,hows the prep coming?

    Wicked nice weather,too nice to stay in the shop for long for sure but the geo has taken up its residence in there for the next 3+ months.

    Just thought others might be doing/thinking the same so lets hear about.

  • #2
    Re: Its fall,hows the prep coming?

    My prep is past the disassembly stage and well into reassembly.

    Actually got sunburn and mosquito bites in Minden last week!

    Might actuall get done before the snow and cold weather freezes my hands...

    Yay..season gettin close.. hope to see everyone on Sunday at the drivers meeting.

    Dale

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Its fall,hows the prep coming?

      Its raining so it feels right to be in the shop,did some ripping and tearing tonight.LOTS more ripping and tearing to do before the reassmble will begin.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Its fall,hows the prep coming?

        Started the heart transplant.





        Now I just have to make sure not to do this.

        _____
        BMW E30 (#84) | Honda Civic (Chumpcar - Scrap Denial #19)

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Its fall,hows the prep coming?

          That hearts never gonna fit in Brians chest,likely doesn't have as much juice as the one he's currently using anyways.That dude never wants to quit.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Its fall,hows the prep coming?

            Hey Shane I'm glad to see that the tercel is still going to live on!
            Bill
            Retired class SS4, car #83

            " If you're not afraid of horse power, you don't have enough. "

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Its fall,hows the prep coming?

              Considering its lighter,shorter and now with equal power to Teds corolla wagon I suspect it'll give the gtx's plenty to worry about.I'm going to do my best to make sure it gets lots of 2nd's.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Its fall,hows the prep coming?

                I already told you my plan Tom. My plans are entirely based on your car breaking. If you keep it in one piece I will be plenty happy with second.
                _____
                BMW E30 (#84) | Honda Civic (Chumpcar - Scrap Denial #19)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Its fall,hows the prep coming?

                  Well I sure hope I don't spend much time rebuilding stuff,too damn cold for that.The open wheel car has had a pretty good useage to breakage ratio for the year of abuse its had so the fingers are crossed.Of course the car may not live up to its potencial regardless of reliability,might take me the entire season(or longer) to get it right who knows.
                  I'm hoping to have the diffs in my hands for this weekend and the engine gets removed tonight from the "donor",an oil and filter change and its ready to find a new winter home.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Its fall,hows the prep coming?

                    Originally posted by max attack View Post
                    Well I sure hope I don't spend much time rebuilding stuff,too damn cold for that.The open wheel car has had a pretty good useage to breakage ratio for the year of abuse its had so the fingers are crossed.Of course the car may not live up to its potencial regardless of reliability,might take me the entire season(or longer) to get it right who knows.
                    I'm hoping to have the diffs in my hands for this weekend and the engine gets removed tonight from the "donor",an oil and filter change and its ready to find a new winter home.
                    Way to Go McGivor! Do you have a class?
                    Ice Racing will always be a Black art! So ... In order to finish first, ... first you must Finish!

                    CASC-OR Ice Race Director
                    Toronto Autosport Club Ice Race Organizer
                    Minden Kin Club Member
                    District 8 Secretary Kin Canada
                    Car Number 1
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Its fall,hows the prep coming?

                      Thought it would be obvious if Shane and I were running together with the gtx's.I'll be in running in SS4 as a special-please no jokes about how "special" I am.
                      I don't see any point at the moment running awd menards,no class last year and I haven't heard of anyone other than Andrew returning.Next year if my turbo set-up works out than maybe as I don't think I'll come close to hooking up the power in SS.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Its fall,hows the prep coming?

                        Originally posted by max attack View Post
                        Thought it would be obvious if Shane and I were running together with the gtx's.I'll be in running in SS4 as a special-please no jokes about how "special" I am.
                        I don't see any point at the moment running awd menards,no class last year and I haven't heard of anyone other than Andrew returning.Next year if my turbo set-up works out than maybe as I don't think I'll come close to hooking up the power in SS.
                        What I am saying is are you, Special, modified or 4WD, I'm guessin' all three!
                        Ice Racing will always be a Black art! So ... In order to finish first, ... first you must Finish!

                        CASC-OR Ice Race Director
                        Toronto Autosport Club Ice Race Organizer
                        Minden Kin Club Member
                        District 8 Secretary Kin Canada
                        Car Number 1
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Its fall,hows the prep coming?

                          Yes all 3 which,I think a mid engined awd geo metro fits the bill for for all 3 anyways.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Its fall,hows the prep coming?

                            Originally posted by max attack View Post
                            Yes all 3 which,I think a mid engined awd geo metro fits the bill for for all 3 anyways.
                            I demand pictures!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Its fall,hows the prep coming?

                              Originally posted by briansexsmith View Post
                              I demand pictures!
                              Soon,the donor gave up its engine tonight without a fight.I need to mount the drive system 1st then the engine.It'll be a couple weeks but should be able to debut something more than a very big hole in a little car-which is all I have right now.
                              I started fabbing seat mounts tonight while I wait for some parts,tick tock you know.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X