Originally posted by max attack View Post
    With Menards??.
    nope, SS. BTW, he got a set of menards as well
    #53 Toyota Tercel 4WD
    #53 Toyota MR2

Comment

• Re: Its fall,hows the prep coming?

Originally posted by water-skipper View Post
      After seeing Toms creation work so well this year it makes me want to build a new toy! But for now now I'll stick to the new drag sled project. But the temptation is always there.
      Yes I know the drag sled will be kinda entertaining but there's not one corner to be found!
      Also you can't get tossed off and suffer a few hundred puncture wounds while strapped safely inside a car.

Build something,you know you want to-it'll be WAAAY cheaper in the end and you know it.

Comment

Yes I know the drag sled will be kinda entertaining but there's not one corner to be found!
        Also you can't get tossed off and suffer a few hundred puncture wounds while strapped safely inside a car.

Build something,you know you want to-it'll be WAAAY cheaper in the end and you know it.
        But you can't do 150mph in the fairgrounds! I do have a spare 200hp twin that would propell a car nicely though Maybe someday I'll come back to play with y'all.
        Bill
        Retired class SS4, car #83

" If you're not afraid of horse power, you don't have enough. "

Comment

Haha,speeds relative-going 150mph all by yourself is pretty exiting but so is going 3 wide at 60mph into anything other than a straight line.

You bring your twin,give me a heads up though as I know the guy that snuck thru the turbo rule last year also happens to have a turbo waiting in the shop for a certain R1 engine.

Comment

WOW! This IS turning into another checkered flag thread ...Kewl!
            Ice Racing will always be a Black art! So ... In order to finish first, ... first you must Finish!

CASC-OR Ice Race Director
            Toronto Autosport Club Ice Race Organizer
            Minden Kin Club Member
            District 8 Secretary Kin Canada
            Car Number 1
            sigpic

Comment

Haha,speeds relative-going 150mph all by yourself is pretty exiting but so is going 3 wide at 60mph into anything other than a straight line.

You bring your twin,give me a heads up though as I know the guy that snuck thru the turbo rule last year also happens to have a turbo waiting in the shop for a certain R1 engine.
              Give you a heads up...bah! Where's the fun in that?. There is a 1700 turbo 2 stroke sled that runs down our track. Think the R1 can hit the 700hp mark?
              Bill

Comment

Give you a heads up...bah! Where's the fun in that?. There is a 1700 turbo 2 stroke sled that runs down our track. Think the R1 can hit the 700hp mark?
                500hp is doable for the R1 but I'd like to go more than a 1/4 mile between rebuilds.Also it was quoted in the discussion regarding my car and the rule change that ice racing is supposed to be a grassroots motorsports,I could build another car to duplicate mine in the $2500 range and I think for the performance thats not bad value.

That 700hp turbo oil burner doesn't really qualify in the same grassroots catagory I suspect- very cool but not cheap.

Comment

,I could build another car to duplicate mine in the $2500 range

hmmmm....
                  #53 Toyota Tercel 4WD
                  #53 Toyota MR2

Comment

Don't get your hopes up. That was based on doing hundreds of hours of work yourself and having a pretty decent skill-set.
                    _____
                    BMW E30 (#84) | Honda Civic (Chumpcar - Scrap Denial #19)

Comment

Originally posted by shanehutton View Post
                      Don't get your hopes up. That was based on doing hundreds of hours of work yourself and having a pretty decent skill-set.
                      That's the truth. Paying someone to build Toms car would not be cost effective. Having Toms know how and doing it yourself is the only way to do it. It's more rewarding to say " built, not bought " anyways.
                      Bill

Comment

That's the truth. Paying someone to build Toms car would not be cost effective. Having Toms know how and doing it yourself is the only way to do it. It's more rewarding to say " built, not bought " anyways.
                        Well said Bill ....Nuff said!!!
                        Ice Racing will always be a Black art! So ... In order to finish first, ... first you must Finish!

CASC-OR Ice Race Director
                        Toronto Autosport Club Ice Race Organizer
                        Minden Kin Club Member
                        District 8 Secretary Kin Canada
                        Car Number 1
                        sigpic

Comment

no, i'm going to stay with Tercel and MR2 for now. imho fighting for a position against almost similar cars is more interesting than beating everybody just because your car is much faster
                          #53 Toyota Tercel 4WD
                          #53 Toyota MR2

Comment

Originally posted by andrey7474 View Post
                            no, i'm going to stay with Tercel and MR2 for now. imho fighting for a position against almost similar cars is more interesting than beating everybody just because your car is much faster
                            Yeah because everyone knows I can't drive worth a damn and need a crutch like awd AND the best car.

Comment

Yeah because everyone knows I can't drive worth a damn and need a crutch like awd AND the best car.
                              i talked about myself, not you
                              #53 Toyota Tercel 4WD
                              #53 Toyota MR2

Comment

Pulled the engine out this weekend to go back in the sumer car,only a couple things in the way but otherwise no problems.Had a good look at the home depot toilet plunger diff covers while pulling the chains etc and they look like the day I installed them.I'm a happy camper,no extra work to get it ready for next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X