Thanks from BARC and Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks from BARC and Me

I just want to say thanks to all the competitors for making the BARC Ice Race weekend a great success. To let everyone know we had 128 entries on Saturday and I know of at least 12 drivers that didn't run, me being one of them. There was a lot of great racing and very little incidents. Well one driver was caught smoking a cigarette while on the cool down lap. Talk about relaxing yourself! Anyway thanks again and remember without the rest of you guys there wouldn't be ice racing.
    "Love thine enemies, it scares the hell out of them"
    "You never have enough gas until you're on fire!" Ken Schrader NSCS

I guess you didn't see the guy, cigarette in hand, refilling his gas tank?
    Shift_Happens

Comment

Oh I heard that was Nick Majors.

Comment

Smokin

That was me, after a red flag. I can't believe I got in that much trouble for smoking in a "racecar". Other than tires, it's no different than my regular car. Score one for the anti-smoking brigade.....

Comment

Nope, that's not it. unlike regular cars they don't leak. After a race you don't know if someone has cracked a tank. We don't have a firetruck onsite. It was actually the non helmet thing that was the worse. Penalty = 0. Talking to = 1. One more driver in next weekend's races = priceless.

Comment

ooooooo Crusher,
            your goooood!
            sigpic SACEWE!!!
            Minden House, S/\Ctionizer
            Car #24

Comment

Thank you Crusher and the rest of the volounteers from BARC for organizing the event. I had lots of fun.

ps I used the Tim Horton's mug this morning

Comment

Originally posted by Crusher45
                Oh I heard that was Nick Majors.

Ohh the slander !

And after those comments at the drivers meeting. Well I guess my whole weekend was about proving "Thumper" wrong - again and again and again :-)

Nick Majors - does not and never has smoked in a racecar of any kind - or while refueling!

Maybe the only place I don't - but as much as I do smoke - I wait till I get back to the paddock and out of the car.
                ===================
                M NICK MAJORS
                Race Director - CASC-OR

- 2010 CASC-OR Formula Libre Roadrace Champion (Elan DP02 sportsracer)
                - 2006/2007/2008 - 3 time CASC-OR GT1 Roadrace Champion (Viper Competition Coupe)
                - 2008 Mobil1 RaceOntario OVERALL Roadrace Champion ("Darth Viper")
                - 2007 Ice Racing OVERALL and RWD Stud Class Champion (turbo-charged 240sx)

(Executive Director - RACE DRIVERS' GUILD of CANADA - )

Comment

I know Nick usually smoked everyone out on the track but something went wrong this past weekend. Must be German engineering.

Comment

Thanks from BARC and Me

Thanks Crusher for giving me the opportunity to see ice racing from a different angle. I'll never curse (no I would never do that anyway) the starters again for what seems like delaying the green. Its just their way of thawing out the arm muscles enough to wave a flag. Great weekend guys.

Muffin

Comment

Re: Smokin

Originally posted by silverwolfracin
                      That was me, after a red flag. I can't believe I got in that much trouble for smoking in a "racecar". Other than tires, it's no different than my regular car. Score one for the anti-smoking brigade.....
                      Corey,
                      You should know better than that. There's no smoking in Canada last I heard.

p.s. Great wekend from the BARC gang. I thought everything went smoothly even though I tried to launch the Civic over the snowbank several times.

p.s.s. I didn't have to go speak to Mary Lobban even once this weekend. Not bad eh?
                      Perry Iannuzzi
                      Past President
                      Canadian Automobile Sport Clubs -Ontario Region

Comment

Yeah Perry you just wait. Bill Lobban is the steward for this weekend. And when Mary sends him out after you it's a double wammy.

Comment

Perry,speaking from experience here,one doesn't go speak with Mary-she comes right to you and you can't get a word in anyway!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X