Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of the "BIG TIMES"

Originally posted by Do It Sidewayz
    man....ever since Terry hits the front page of the Minden Times, he thinks he's hit the big times.

I heard that he's starting up a fan club, and autograph signing sessions.

I was talking to the track photographer on the weekend, he's got some great action shots of most everyone as usual.

He says that he also does "Hero Cards" like the CASCAR guys get produced, to autograph and give to their fans.

If Dalton can pull off another big win this year I vote CASC gets him some Hero Cards to hand out to his adoring fans on the snowbanks, at the Rockcliffe, the ATM machine in town- wherever!

I can see it now, a signing session at the Brown Owl Sunday morning... the Man, his Machine, and the adoring multitudes- the place would be PACKED!!

As to the parade lap with the chequered flag- most time the leader can easily do the lap by the time everyone is pulled out of the snowbanks and still be back in time to exit with the rest of the pack.
    It would also make a great opportunity to get a shot of Terry and the chequered flag- perfect for that Hero card!!

Tony
    "Got a Dent or a Ding? Give us a Ring"
    Auto Cosmetic.Com- Your #1 choice in Paintless Dent Removal
    Lease coming due?
    Save hundreds in repair costs- we fix the dents without bodywork or repainting!
    416 948 4554
    Mississauga, Vaughn and Scarborough locations

Comment

Whooo tough crowd....

Stef, I'd like to place an order....An order for donuts on the door of that Mazda 4WD thingy in Studs....Can ya do it?

Get both sides....get it real good!!!

If not, perhaps I could ply Wenzel with a garbage pail of beer from the Rock....or better yet, Kiyo!

And Mr. Martin Junior, I'll deal with you personally....

Crusher, be wary in open rubber practice......blue car?? #45?

Vee have vays of dealing with your types.....After all the donuts are done, then we take pictures......Ole!

I won't have time for Autographs at the Brown Owl. I'll be having breakfast at the Minden House and using cloth napkins....it's soooo civilized.....(I fully expect Ken Shaw jr. to chime in here soon on this one!)

TD

Comment

Re: Whooo tough crowd....

Originally posted by rubber2ice

I won't have time for Autographs at the Brown Owl. I'll be having breakfast at the Minden House and using cloth napkins....it's soooo civilized...
        I dont think you can use the words "civilized" and "ice racing" in the same sentence!

The Motel Minden has all the past editions of the Minden Times positioned in the washrooms instead of Charmin just to keep us all in the right frame of mind...

You'll never guess whose picture we were all using to wipe with last week!!

Tony
        Lease coming due?
        416 948 4554

Comment

Re: Re: Whooo tough crowd....

Originally posted by tony mcgrath
          I dont think you can use the words "civilized" and "ice racing" in the same sentence!

The Motel Minden has all the past editions of the Minden Times positioned in the washrooms instead of Charmin just to keep us all in the right frame of mind...

You'll never guess whose picture we were all using to wipe with last week!!

Tony
          HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! hey kiyo's car was also in that paper.. pg 15!
          Lisa Shaw
          Class 2 #185

Comment

Originally posted by Crusher45
            I'm all for the victory lap but it's the time. We could go back to 12 lap races. Thjat would work.
            I second that idea.

While I realize we're all on the quest for more seat time, the cars racing in the last race of the day may soon require reinstallation of their headlites.

And from what I've seen, there aren't usually any position changes in the last 3 laps anyways.

Comment

Forget I said anything; leave the races at 15 laps and forget about any pictures and any victory laps!!.....

No lead changes in the last 3 laps? You'll have to watch some class one races.....lots going on, all the time....Class 1, all action, all the time!....Why Kiyo alone is worth it for 15 laps....TD

Comment

Hey Terry:

When I am at handbrake class, I will check if they have any Key Control Programs

Let me know when and where I can get a picture key chain for the Class 1 and Class 11 2003 Champion - maybe if it is big enough Terry won't lose it !!!

I was just looking at scoring on website - Either I don't know how to read it or it is messed up.

See you guys soon!

Jr

Comment

Originally posted by Baldy

I was just looking at scoring on website - Either I don't know how to read it or it is messed up.

Jr
                  It looks messed up a little. They havent posted the BARC weekend scores yet, but in the PMSC results there is a typo that calls the PMSC totals - BARC totals.

I'm sure it will all get fixed , maybe even before the weekend.

Tony
                  Lease coming due?
                  416 948 4554

Comment

updated results from the BARC event had been expected today so I suspect they will be posted first thing tomorrow

Comment

I just looked at the points and they seem ok. The BARC weekend is posted but you have to increase the page size to 300% to read the points. I wished they would put the total and net points right after the club affiliation then have the breakdown by weeeknd. Oh well I get to race this weekend.

Whoo Hoo!!!!!

"Love thine enemies, it scares the hell out of them"
                      "You never have enough gas until you're on fire!" Ken Schrader NSCS

Comment

Working...
                      X