Next Years Ice Racer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Years Ice Racer

Well, after months of planning, talking about it, and brief moments of being engulfed in flames... :devil: it's done!

Yes Gary and I are delirious after about 3 days straigt of being in the garage, but I survived... as for Gary, well, see picture 5. It's not been driven yet, but that should happen early next week. For now here's some eye candy.

Intercooler and krap... turbo hiding behind the grille.

mostly the intercooler, ended up using a swift i/c.

and again...

no intake pipe, we're going to see how it runs with just the filter on the turbo inlet.

And like I said... Gary... well he's Gary... propper fcukt.
    Chris
    Old School Motorsports

So Chris is this justy for rubber or studs?,I assume rubber but I know how bad you want to be in studs!.

Comment

haha i'm just kidding...

This is my street car.

And i actually raced Studs on saturday in the red XT.
      Chris
      Old School Motorsports

Comment

So Chris how'd you like the stud class?,I would think that with the right chassis tuning(and a little more boost!) Gary and son in my old alltrac would be very competitive.

On side note if the street stud class panned out what would you run?stay with 4wd or try something new?I have no idea yet what I'd run,might grap a worn out rwd corolla gts and bolt on some of the stuff off my summer racer to make it go/handle decent-this just off the top of my head of course!

Comment

If there is a street stud class...

I'm gonna spend some cash on the Sedan....Intercooler, Better Engine Internals, Cams, and More Boost. Throw a cage in it, and run Street Studs.

Rubber is fun...but 2 a point.

Even with our new stud class rules...it's still a great un known. Who knows if Menards, or the Screw studs at 18/foot will be faster??

Street studs...we'll bolt em on and go.

I liked studs....i can't believe how much power the tires we run sucked back power....but that is also because they weigh like 45lbs a tire. My rubber car just "felt" faster in a straight line, because of the weight from the tires. It probably wasn't the best day to try out studs though, as the ice conditions were kinda crappy. I did have some decent results....A 5th after starting 13th, and a 4th...just behind the Yellow Golf.
          Chris
          Old School Motorsports

Comment

Sounds good Chris,if you do that I think I'll run in fwd or rwd!

We'll see,I really really like the street stud idea-hopefully my summer racing hasn't taken EVERY single nickel and I can play with something interesting come next winter.

Comment

Working...
            X