2013 Pre Tech Weekends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Pre Tech Weekends

This years pre Tech weekend will be held at the Minden fairgrounds on January 12th and 13th ... held out of the Food booth, using the mock grid portion of the pits.

The hours will be Saturday 9 to 5pm and Sunday 12 noon to 5 ...

We have an agreement with the township of Minden hills that no car will be started and revved before noon on Sunday, one complaint in the wrong place from the retirement home and we could be shut down ... ie ...we have a new council in place for 2013 in the Minden Hills chambers, so this one I must stress.

If you show up at 4:45pm on Saturday, you will not be Teched till Sunday, if you show up at 4:45pm on Sunday you will not be teched til the first official weekend or if the first weekend is postponed you will be teched then.

All competitors in the CT street stud series will be given their windshield banners then, and hopefully the new Mobil1 stickers ... along with the regular series and CASC decals
    Last edited by Champ98; 01-03-2013, 09:10 PM.
    Ice Racing will always be a Black art! So ... In order to finish first, ... first you must Finish!

CASC-OR Ice Race Director
    Toronto Autosport Club Ice Race Organizer
    Minden Kin Club Member
    District 8 Secretary Kin Canada
    Car Number 1
    sigpic

Re: 2013 Pre Tech Weekend

Andy I was hoping to help out with tech duties but I need to make trip to new york on saturday,if it goes well I hope to be bringing a car sunday and could possibly hang out and help if needed.

Comment

New york! ...buying another weapon are we???
      Ice Racing will always be a Black art! So ... In order to finish first, ... first you must Finish!

Minden Kin Club Member
      Car Number 1
      sigpic

Comment

Haha,yes I bought another race car for the summer.Spent so much time in the shop building I decided to buy a turn key car instead of building another or swapping parts in the geo spring and fall for 2 sports.

Comment

Andy:

Is it OK if, when I bring a car up on Thursday this week, I leave it in the usual place by the front fence to be ready for Saturday? That way, I only have to trailer in one car on Saturday instead of two.
          Gary

Comment

just looking ahead to this weekend's weather forecast for minden ... Friday +6C, Saturday +7C (with showers), Sunday +6C ... is there the possibility that pre tech will be cancelled cause this will create quite a slop-fest at the grounds with all the vehicles driving around on thawed out muck.
            sigpic SACEWE!!!
            Minden House, S/\Ctionizer
            Car #24

Comment

Originally posted by angus macsac View Post
              just looking ahead to this weekend's weather forecast for minden ... Friday +6C, Saturday +7C (with showers), Sunday +6C ... is there the possibility that pre tech will be cancelled cause this will create quite a slop-fest at the grounds with all the vehicles driving around on thawed out muck.
              Nope! we don't expect mud or a slop fest .. there is lot's of frost in the ground ...besides! if you wait 2 days that could all change ...

Minden Kin Club Member
              Car Number 1
              sigpic

Comment

It is still on for Tomorrow folks! ...I hope to see as many of you there as possible. This will alleviate the burden of the first organizing club to tech 120 odd cars and have a good day with our schedule ...

Minden Kin Club Member
                Car Number 1
                sigpic

Comment

we plan on being there around noon
                  sigpic SACEWE!!!
                  Car #24

Comment

Tech was well organized as usual. Thanks very much guys!

Now - pray for cold and snow.

Comment

Oh - BTW - there were ducks swimming on (in) the track!

Comment

Originally posted by CCTF View Post
                        Oh - BTW - there were ducks swimming on (in) the track!
                        indeed ...
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic SACEWE!!!
                        Car #24

Comment

As much as it sucks to lose the 1st weekend it sucks worse that all the hard work the gang did to get the track where it was turned into wasted work.
                          Good for me though,been sick as hell and didn't touch the car all week-still feel like crap but in between trying to hack a lung out I'll get in the shop tomorrow(spent 14 hours today driving to NY and back to retrieve another car so I'm bagged and off to bed)

Comment

Re: 2013 Pre Tech Weekends

As previously stated in another post there will be another pre tech weekend for scrutineering cars before the season officially starts. It will be on the 19th and 20th of January. Next weekend. Same hours as this one.

However, I am scheduled to work that weekend and my duties will fall to the Assistant Director Heather.

She and I will appreciate any help we can get ... Thanks!

Minden Kin Club Member
                            Car Number 1
                            sigpic

Comment

Re: 2013 Pre Tech Weekends

Originally posted by Champ98 View Post
                              As previously stated in another post there will be another pre tech weekend for scrutineering cars before the season officially starts. It will be on the 19th and 20th of January. Next weekend. Same hours as this one.

However, I am scheduled to work that weekend and my duties will fall to the Assistant Director Heather.

She and I will appreciate any help we can get ... Thanks!
                              I'll be there Saturday again, but 9am is a stretch.
                              #21 1985 Pontiac Acadian
                              Class 1 & SS1 (RWD)
                              TAC & TLMC
                              [/URL]

Comment

Working...
                              X