Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2013 Pre Tech Weekends

Originally posted by herbie View Post
    I'll be there Saturday again, but 9am is a stretch.
    Thanks Rodney, I am sure that Heather will appreciate all the help she can get ..

This is completely voluntary folks, it is not a Kinsmen thing or a TAC thing, this is just Us trying to help out the first organizing clubs from meltdown type delays in there Saturday schedule ...perhaps some of the other clubs might want to pitch in ...
    Last edited by Champ98; 01-17-2013, 11:39 PM.
    Ice Racing will always be a Black art! So ... In order to finish first, ... first you must Finish!

CASC-OR Ice Race Director
    Toronto Autosport Club Ice Race Organizer
    Minden Kin Club Member
    District 8 Secretary Kin Canada
    Car Number 1
    sigpic

Comment

I'm going to try and get the celica to run one more time tomorrow night after work,if it starts I'll load it and bring it saturday morning.This week was a write off for me with no shop time,the Geo still needs a shifter built and seat/belts mounted so I'll have to dash right back and dive into the shop.
      I'll probably have to bring it the 1st race weekend unfortunately unless things go better than expected.

Comment

Hmmm cant use a vice grip for the shifter again? Seemed to work wonders the last time you did that when it broke on the lightweight racer you had in Barrie.
        #129 - Tim's Fiero PreV8 Thunder (2010)
        #129 - MR2 Rustbucket (2011 - )

Comment

Tom

We had a starting issue Andrew's Celica. It seemed we had spark, so to ensure it was a fueling issue, we used a shot of Ether to see if it would fire. It did, and kept running. Would start again when warm, but not when cold. No codes we could find. Eventually concluded the cold start injector was not firing. Traced the problem to a poor connection at the temp sensors. Apparently this is not uncommon. So, if you've got fuel pressure, check the temp sensors and related connections.
          Gary

Comment

Thanks Gary I think your right as it would fire but not quite run,to be honest I've lost interst in working on a car in the cold that I won't even drive anyways.I'll bring it next year or sell it.

Much rather stay in the warm shop and fabricate the shifter and last couple of minor things tomorrow and maybe drag it there sunday to save adding to the cars to be teched 1st weekend.

Comment

I think we managed to get a total of almost fifty cars Tecked for the BEMC weekend ... this should help out ...there are a few people from the last two weekends that need helmets done.

Rodney and I will be looking very carefully at the SS classes in the upcoming weeks to make sure that there are no Illegal tires ...

Met one fellow today at the track and he was most perturbed at the fact that I told him his tires were no longer legal, nor was his number, ...I say again, READ THE 2013 RULE BOOK!
              Ice Racing will always be a Black art! So ... In order to finish first, ... first you must Finish!

CASC-OR Ice Race Director
              Toronto Autosport Club Ice Race Organizer
              Minden Kin Club Member
              District 8 Secretary Kin Canada
              Car Number 1
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X