SS4 & "Special" Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SS4 & "Special" Question

"Specials" run in 4, SS4 and Race Studs only correct? Specials available to run SS14?
    Curious
    woodchips (Larry) Ice Racer 157.
    Sponsors-Tiremaster-Oshawa & Precision Tune-Brooklin

Re: SS4 & "Special" Question

I don't see a reason why not....watcha got??

I was going to have Lisa run the alltrac in mod but it won't be raced this year,think the fuel pump just crapped and I'm out of time/interest to work on it.

Comment

Trying to figure out if i run in SS14, if i still need to stay out of the way of the Specials????

Comment

I'm not running 2nd driver and I don't think theres any other specials ready yet so you should be ok,I should only lap the SS4 guys once so you wouldn't really be in the way.

Comment

Bah - Make Tom work for it. Get in his way, cut him off, brake check him. He can handle it. It's his job to find a way to pass.
          _____
          BMW E30 (#84) | Honda Civic (Chumpcar - Scrap Denial #19)

Comment

Oh, i can certainly be in the way if need be, but, trying to be sorta sportsman like thru the proces . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by shanehutton View Post
              Bah - Make Tom work for it. Get in his way, cut him off, brake check him. He can handle it. It's his job to find a way to pass.
              Haha,sometimes it seems like entire field adopted that attitude.Yes its my job to get around but when a guy running all by themselfs blocks me it gets me a little pissy.

Are you running SS11?just asking 'cause you may recall I'll be running Jeffs Mr2 so I can always return the favour in that race.

Comment

Hey, feel free to slow me down when I come around to lap you.
                _____

Comment

Not sure if I can beat your or Brian occasionally or not but I plan to run close enough you won't be able see the hood of Jeffs car in the reaview.For sure if your able to lap me I'll just go back to my "cheater' car and forget rwd.

Comment

This is going to be a fun year.
                    _____

Comment

SS14 is likely where i'm going to be to try and stay away from the Specials boys and girls

Comment

Just so you are aware, SS14 is way worse than SS4 if you are worried about traffic. SS4 is only RWD and 4WD (+specials). SS14 you add in FWD and the lines they drive are quite inconsistent and contrary to the RWD / AWD line. If you are looking for the least stressful race I would go SS4 100%. The specials cars really aren't that bad. If memory serves me, you have the All-trac corolla wagon and if that is the case, he will likely only pass you once.
                        _____

Comment

What Shane said,as far as I know I'm the only one in class so far and you really have less to fear from me than you do the other cars(only cause I can usually get by quicker with less oppurtunity for contact than running with someone for 14 laps).For sure I would rather run SS4 than SS14 with the fwd's thrown in.

Comment

hmmmmmm. good point - i had forgotten about adding FWD folks in there - thanks. New car, new tires AWD - should be interesting

Comment

Just remember that AWD just means when in trouble stand on gas and steer. Works every time. It's basically all I did in my old car.
                              _____

Comment

Working...
                              X