ChumpCar ice racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChumpCar ice racing

No official rules yet but it looks like there will be an ice-racing series run by the chump car guys. I wonder if they would be interested in running an event at the mindenring.
    _____
    BMW E30 (#84) | Honda Civic (Chumpcar - Scrap Denial #19)

Re: ChumpCar ice racing

Originally posted by shanehutton View Post
    No official rules yet but it looks like there will be an ice-racing series run by the chump car guys. I wonder if they would be interested in running an event at the mindenring.
    Not going to happen ...
    Ice Racing will always be a Black art! So ... In order to finish first, ... first you must Finish!

CASC-OR Ice Race Director
    Toronto Autosport Club Ice Race Organizer
    Minden Kin Club Member
    District 8 Secretary Kin Canada
    Car Number 1
    sigpic

Comment

I suspect they are thinking more of the USA like frozen lakes in Minnesota and upstate New York, much further away from houses backing onto the paddock.

Anyhow nice to see a director named and we will see what happens next season.

Comment

http://forum.chumpcar.com/index.php?...citing-news-4/

While this is the post where they announced their ice race series, it was page two that made it interesting. If you think we have people who complain about rules, check out 20-Montana.
        Andrew Vernon -#181
        1986 MR2 - (spinning out in a race near you)
        1989 All-Trac - (on sabbatical)

Comment

There are a number of whiners but as the owner points out, the vocal minority who post on the forum are a drop in the bucket compared to the silent majority who show up and race.

Chumpcar is a lot of fun and the cheapest way you will ever race wheel to wheel on the high banking at Daytona International Speedway.

Comment

We will all keep our eyes peeled and I for one would likely make the trek to the USA if it wasn't too far.
            _____
            BMW E30 (#84) | Honda Civic (Chumpcar - Scrap Denial #19)

Comment

If there were garage space in the summer to build another car, I would be on it like a fat kid on a Twinkie (side note: RIP Twinkies). That being said, I'm a Toronto renter and my Dad likes to park his Mustang in their garage in the summer soooooo yeah. No new race cars until I get a fugging garage.
              Andrew Vernon -#181
              1986 MR2 - (spinning out in a race near you)
              1989 All-Trac - (on sabbatical)

Comment

Working...
              X