Class 2 guestion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class 2 guestion?

I have been doing some research on a cars for class 2. I was looking at specs for a mazda 323 and it said that the wheelbase was 96.5". Tell me if Im wrong but I do recall a white and blue 323 in class 2. The thing that confuses me is that your only allowed 95" max.

Am I right or was I seeing things????

Dave
    Dave

You were not seeing things...

My Brother-in-law wanted to run with us in class 2, he had an older 4 door and it was out of class so he bought a 2 door which was just inside the class limits. However I believe the wheelbase thing may change again for next season....
    Ice Racing will always be a Black art! So ... In order to finish first, ... first you must Finish!

CASC-OR Ice Race Director
    Toronto Autosport Club Ice Race Organizer
    Minden Kin Club Member
    District 8 Secretary Kin Canada
    Car Number 1
    sigpic

Comment

Re: You were not seeing things...

Originally posted by Champ98
      I believe the wheelbase thing may change again for next season.... [/B]
      When would we find out about the change??

I would like to know all the posibilties in veicles.

Thanks
      Dave
      Dave

Comment

You weren't seeing things, there was a whie 323 in class 2, and from the research I've done I believe you're correct, more of a class 3 car.
        I too would like to know if there are any planned wheelbase changes for next year though. Sooner it's released the better, if it is in fact going to change.
        Roy

Comment

No wheelbase change for next year.
          "Love thine enemies, it scares the hell out of them"
          "You never have enough gas until you're on fire!" Ken Schrader NSCS

Comment

Originally posted by motoconnection
            [B]You weren't seeing things, there was a whie 323 in class 2, and from the research I've done I believe you're correct, more of a class 3 car.
            Im not the only one to find this eh!

I have looked every where to see if there was any deferent wheel base in deferent years or 2 door vs 4 but they all say the same. Im going to have to go measure one in a parking lot some where then to fiqure this one out.

Dave
            Dave

Comment

Then you can come back and measure our shortened two door, remember the rule says , ...as measured at the track.
              Ice Racing will always be a Black art! So ... In order to finish first, ... first you must Finish!

Minden Kin Club Member
              Car Number 1
              sigpic

Comment

Then you can come back and measure our shortened two door, remember the rule says , ...as measured at the track
                yep..i've always said you can make a car shorter. you just need to know how to set-up the alignment.

Caster, and give the car a pile of toe out (front and rear) and you get a shorter car.
                Chris
                Old School Motorsports

Comment

"As measured at the track" is only mentioned for overall body length of rear wheel drive cars.

i think Mazda claims 96.5" fir the 323, you'd have to take over an inch out to get into class 2, hard to believe that much toe-out wouldn't be detrimental to the car's handling, although it woould depend a lot on the font end geometry of the car.
                  Roy

Comment

resizing your car?

I'm pretty sure we've finished the last two laps of a race in a different class than when we started:
                    rear control arms pushed shorter
                    noWD
                    3,2 or 1 piston left

and of course illegal:
                    modified turbo (exhaust sucked straight into the intake)
                    retain same general appearance and dimensions...lol
                    doors now permanately shut without the use of window net
                    number and position of springs

Good thing we tech before, rarely after a race.

Next year I'm taking an original mini and tying one bumper to a horse...

Comment

The original specs for my Storm are allegedly 97", but I measured it several times (remembering the old carpenters adage) and i came in at 2412.5 mm, just squeaking inside the class limits. Some numbers i find are fudged here and there when it comes to some cars. Either that or my car was made on a friday, who knows
                      Chris J
                      '96 Acura Integra GSR
                      '89 Honda Civic
                      '97 Subaru Legacy
                      "Ladies and gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice."

Comment

Originally posted by Champ98
                        Then you can come back and measure our shortened two door, remember the rule says , ...as measured at the track.
                        You could of said that it was shortened in your first post!
                        Dave

Comment

You Did'nt ask!

Besides, as others have eluded to here, Don't go by manufacturers specs. 5 out of 10 times they are off by sometimes an inch or two, and that's all that's needed to go either way.

Go out and measure one!

Minden Kin Club Member
                          Car Number 1
                          sigpic

Comment

AND ...

By wheel base change for next season ... I meant Larrys 323 was toasted in one of the swamp buggy races and needs to be lengthened again ....

Minden Kin Club Member
                            Car Number 1
                            sigpic

Comment

^^^^^ Im just trying to do reserch and ask some guestions about things Im not sure of.

You said the 4 door would not fit so he got a 2 door, and you sad nothing about it being shortened.

Is alittle confusing with out all the right info.

Thanks for clearing it up tho.
                              Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X