2013 Spring Drivers Meeting ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Spring Drivers Meeting ...

The spring drivers meeting will be held at the Minden Arena on Sunday March 3rd 9:00am SHARP!

Please email me anything concerned with rule changes or other concern's with regard to the rule book ...

We will have two hours before racing starts and I do not want to be late for the DAC start ...
    Ice Racing will always be a Black art! So ... In order to finish first, ... first you must Finish!

CASC-OR Ice Race Director
    Toronto Autosport Club Ice Race Organizer
    Minden Kin Club Member
    District 8 Secretary Kin Canada
    Car Number 1
    sigpic

Re: 2013 Spring Drivers Meeting ...

email sent
    woodchips (Larry) Ice Racer 157.
    Sponsors-Tiremaster-Oshawa & Precision Tune-Brooklin

Comment

Email sent.

Also - Is there a proxy form available or will any signed letter designating a proxy be accepted?
      _____
      BMW E30 (#84) | Honda Civic (Chumpcar - Scrap Denial #19)

Comment

Just posted my proposal for stud class changes as best I could gather from this weekends meeting. See "Street Stud Dilemma" thread, post #181 for details.
        Last edited by FatAndy181; 02-26-2013, 09:43 PM. Reason: Revision A is now on post #181
        Andrew Vernon -#181
        1986 MR2 - (spinning out in a race near you)
        1989 All-Trac - (on sabbatical)

Comment

Is there a proxy form available or will any signed letter designating a proxy be accepted?
          _____

Comment

The Minutes of the Spring drivers meeting for 2013 is now available on the CASC Site ...

And here ...
            Attached Files
            Ice Racing will always be a Black art! So ... In order to finish first, ... first you must Finish!

Minden Kin Club Member
            Car Number 1
            sigpic

Comment

Hopefully the new toe hooks will not protrude enough to do damage to other cars, either front or rear.

I would certainly rather be hit by a bumper than a toe hook. At least bumpers won't likely penetrate the car.
              Mobil 1 Time-Attack # 4, CCC Member

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Barker View Post
                Hopefully the new toe hooks will not protrude enough to do damage to other cars, either front or rear.

I would certainly rather be hit by a bumper than a toe hook. At least bumpers won't likely penetrate the car.
                I would not think this to be a problem.Five of the six cars our team runs have front and rear hooks as supplied by the manufacturer likely for transportation tie down purposes and they are well behind the bumper covers.The car that does not have them is a Golf but there are easy attachment points for a chain or other style of tow hooks to be attached to that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Barker View Post

I hope so too. I also hope that inbterpretation of the rule doesn't get people using them as ballast as well.
                  Rubbber to ice - Coroller All-Trac
                  Kinsmen Club of Oshawa - the only all canadian service club

Comment

It's a TOW Hook folks . . . . . .
                    woodchips (Larry) Ice Racer 157.
                    Sponsors-Tiremaster-Oshawa & Precision Tune-Brooklin

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Doyle View Post
                      I hope so too. I also hope that inbterpretation of the rule doesn't get people using them as ballast as well.

Without looking too hard, I found 4.8 kg tow hook. I am sure I could find heavier on the caterpillar website. Just sayin'
                      Rubbber to ice - Coroller All-Trac
                      Kinsmen Club of Oshawa - the only all canadian service club

Comment

I would think if your tow hook is protruding out of the front or back of the car you are going to fail tec from some or may parts of the 2.4 bumper rules.

If someone attaches a 20 lb hook under the car to pull from so be it?

Comment

Well said Brian ... and no 20Lb Ridiculous hooks will be allowed next season ...

Minden Kin Club Member
                          Car Number 1
                          sigpic

Comment

End of the day it just falls under the ballast rules. If it is well secured and doing double duty as a tow hook then it can weigh 300lbs. It's not like there is a rule against adding weight to a car.
                            _____

Comment

Originally posted by shanehutton View Post
                              End of the day it just falls under the ballast rules. If it is well secured and doing double duty as a tow hook then it can weigh 300lbs. It's not like there is a rule against adding weight to a car.
                              Shane the only rule I know regarding adding ballast is sometimes it helps and sometimes it don't.

Comment

Working...
                              X