race stud questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• race stud questions

Curious what your thoughts are on the disappearance of the race stud classes.

in 2012 there were no race stud races, and 2013 saw only the last weekend to use them.

how many of you that have switched to street-studs feel that an integral part of the sport is going away?

are there no more places in Ontario where people even race on race-studs anymore? I looked up the thunder bay events but they too only race on street-studs.

also, does anyone know how many race-stud competitors there were back in 2009-2011?
    Last edited by thgear; 04-10-2013, 12:21 AM.
    set tire pressures to winning!

Re: race stud questions

Not sure why you ask but plans are underway to see the menard tire replaced with something a little less agressive to lessen the track wear increasing the odds of more racing.
    A tire has been tested this season,with some minor tweaks to the stud used and pocket depth drilled I intend to run a set next year for durabilty testing.

Comment

so would you say that speed is a necessary component to your ice racing experience?

i'm doing an article for my journalism class, just collecting some data.

Comment

also, does anyone know how many race-stud competitors there were back in 2009-2011?

Comment

Like all forms of motorsport speed is an important factor but with our track design and it being ice the speed is relatively low.Other influences that impact the experience include the very close quarters to other competitors,the large slip angles,lack of vision on some days and the fact its a short sprint race means 100% effort from flag to flag.
          Should be able to search the results for earlier car counts.

Comment

we just need Mother Nature to help out a little with a -20 degree night every week........

here is 2011 standings

http://www.casc.on.ca/sites/default/...0303165509.pdf

looks like 17 were in the points
            Ice Racing SS4 #167
            Twin Lakes Motor Club

Comment

Working...
            X