2 ice racers for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2 ice racers for sale

I think you guys welded the rear diff instead if I have my facts right,it seemed to work pretty ok as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 98RACE View Post
      After a ton of reserch we were going to lock the center diff on the celica at one point too. Even went to the efforts to pull the eng / trans and removed viscous center diff but for some reason we got cold feet.

IMO it would be the best of both worlds.
      The cold feet came after some advice from a very experienced front runner. He said that we had the perfect set up with a welded rear and open centre. It was effective but in my opinion the car really came alive when it was introduced to studs. Both street and Menards.

Comment

Being the guy that sold that car to the Vernons and ran it in rubber(no SS at the time)I can say it sucked with no studs and open diffs.

Comment

Cars are back home in Huntsville.

Comment

Originally posted by 98RACE View Post
            After a ton of reserch we were going to lock the center diff on the celica at one point too. Even went to the efforts to pull the eng / trans and removed viscous center diff but for some reason we got cold feet.

IMO it would be the best of both worlds.
            If you find a way to lock the center diff on the celica, let me know. I'd be interested.
            Elvis
            Ice Racing, RallyX and Autox

Comment

Probably should say the tercel is SS2 champ again along with overall SS champ.

Comment

Mid summer bump just in case......yeah right like anyone is thinking about ice racing now.

Comment

I am And no, my car is still not done yet.

Comment

With global warming I fear we won't have ice by the time that car is ready.

Comment

The tercel is no longer for sale but the accent has to go.

Race ready car for either rubber or SS,I can provide a set of properly built SS tires with the good studs mounted on aluminum wheels and give a wicked pkg deal.
                      The tires/studs should last 2 seasons min,same combo on the tercel will be on the car for their 3rd season this yr with no signs of giving up.

Comment

$500 for the prepped accent WITH a set of black rocket studded tires on aluminum wheels and a set of four steelies with tires for storing,transporting on.

I wish anyone luck that can buy/build a car and tires ready for the ice for less then that deal.

Comment

If this is still For Sale could you please post it on the IR FaceBook Community page!
                          I'm getting a lot of interest generated (4607 reached in 3 days!) and some of those interested just might need a car.
                          https://www.facebook.com/pg/Mindeniceracing/community
                          sigpic SACEWE!!!
                          Minden House, S/\Ctionizer
                          Car #24

Comment

Accent sold via the facebook pg in about 1/2 hr.

Comment

i take it that it sold so quickly because of the recent heightened activity on the IR FB Page/Group? This is a good sign. There's been 6371 ppl reached in the the last 3-4 days so far!
                              Last edited by angus macsac; 10-22-2017, 12:23 AM.
                              sigpic SACEWE!!!
                              Minden House, S/\Ctionizer
                              Car #24

Comment

Sold to a friend of a current ice racer,not sure if they knew to look on this forum or not.

Either way glad its going to stay an SS car.

Comment

Working...
                                X