interested in ice racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interested in ice racing

just wondering what you need in order to participate in ice racing ?
    2004 VW R32 GT4 #20

Here's a link to the rule book http://www.casc.on.ca/bulletins.php . It's down at the bottom. Essentially all you need is a car that runs, up to 3000cc, remove the front lights, put the tail lights either on the roof or in the back window, put on good winter/Ice tires that are tractionized. Licence wise you need to belong to a CASC affiliated club and then send in your application for a basic racing licence (Ice race/Solo).
    Chris J
    '96 Acura Integra GSR
    '89 Honda Civic
    '97 Subaru Legacy
    "Ladies and gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice."

Comment

thanks, where would i get this racing license and how much does it go for ?
      2004 VW R32 GT4 #20

Comment

call Steve Scala at the CASC office 416-667-9500. A basic license is $50 as I recall - good for a calendar year. requires an affiliated club membership.

Comment

sounds good ,thanks

just reading the rules now
          2004 VW R32 GT4 #20

Comment

How much are the events and where do they take place(aprox how far from TO?)

Comment

events are held in Minden Ontario off highway 35. Its about a two hour drive from Toronto depending on what part of the GTA you are coming from.

I recall the entry fee is about $50 for one class for one day.

Comment

$45/day/class
                Chris J
                '96 Acura Integra GSR
                '89 Honda Civic
                '97 Subaru Legacy
                "Ladies and gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice."

Comment

Believe me ...

It's the most fun you can have with your helmet on!

... BTW this is NOT a demolition derby on ice ... most ice racers take their sport very seriously ...
                  Ice Racing will always be a Black art! So ... In order to finish first, ... first you must Finish!

CASC-OR Ice Race Director
                  Toronto Autosport Club Ice Race Organizer
                  Minden Kin Club Member
                  District 8 Secretary Kin Canada
                  Car Number 1
                  sigpic

Comment

Keyword "MOST" ice racers take it seriously!

Honestly though the wild ones either calm down after a season or 2 or don't come back.Most new guy's have the hardest time trying to figure out how/where to find some grip(including me,and I've been there since '96 )

Comment

how cold does it get?
                      2004 VW R32 GT4 #20

Comment

How cold does it get?,umm you not from canada or something?.

- Cold enough to make ice
                        -it's as cold there as it is outside
                        -the cold is relative to the wind chill-kinda like 'well at least its a dry cold"

One thing many city folk forget is that it isn't a fashion show-bring warm clothing no matter how you look in it.

Comment

Re: Believe me ...

Originally posted by Champ98
                          ... BTW this is NOT a demolition derby on ice ... most ice racers take their sport very seriously ...
                          I think I'll have to come see one. Only exposure I've seen is Ferdinand's Ice Racing Video from Alberta.
                          Aleida
                          Grinning ear to ear...
                          MCO Webmaster and Director 2006/2007

Comment

i know its going to bed cold, just wondering what the coldest has someone seen it so i know to prepare myself

also, when does it ice racing usually start ? and when is it held sundays or saturdays ?
                            2004 VW R32 GT4 #20

Comment

The ice racing takes place on both saturday and sunday,we run in differing direction's on the 2 days to keep things interesting.The track is completely different each direction btw,not just an oval.
                              Temperature ranges from bitter cold(close to -30 plus wind chills)to above 0 and sunny(usually only near the end of season as it kills the ice really badly).
                              Just make sure your car has a decent heater(I've had 2 of my cars heater's fail-not much fun)and bring lots of layers.

Comment

Working...
                              X