• Show
Clear All

• gianpaolo
    replied
    thanks for the info

Leave a comment:

• max attack
    replied
    Races are 12 laps,each driver races 5 times per class per weekend-there is separate second driver classes that mirror the other classes.So you can either share a car with a friend or drive it twice yourself,alot of guys do that so they get 10 races over the weekend.
    Most city folk spend the night,I commute the 45 minutes form home.You can spend your time off track by hanging out with fellow racer's-or working on the car,usually pulling fenders off tires or putting bumpers back on etc!

Leave a comment:

• gianpaolo
    replied
    few other questions ,

how long are the races ?
    how many times a day does 1 person race ?

do people stay over for the night ?

where do people stay while waiting for their turn ?

Leave a comment:

• Crusher45
    replied
    The days are set up as this.

Saturday you get a qualifying race in the morning. Usually around -40c/f. The scale meets at this point. After lunch you get 2 points races. On Sunday we don't start until 12 noon because of the church by-law. You get 2 points races in the afternoon.

So in one weekend there are 5 races, 4 of which are for points. Top point for winning is 25 and it goes down from there.

At the end of it all we have a bash the first Saturday of April and tell tall tales, well most of us tell the truth.

We start mid January and go to the end of February. It runs 6 weekends.

If you want to prepare for the cold make sure your street vehicle has a good heater. We all sit inside ours with the engines running. As for racing I wear just a sweater regular pants and running shoes but take a parka in case you get punted into the snow bank.

Leave a comment:

• max attack
    replied
    The ice racing takes place on both saturday and sunday,we run in differing direction's on the 2 days to keep things interesting.The track is completely different each direction btw,not just an oval.
    Temperature ranges from bitter cold(close to -30 plus wind chills)to above 0 and sunny(usually only near the end of season as it kills the ice really badly).
    Just make sure your car has a decent heater(I've had 2 of my cars heater's fail-not much fun)and bring lots of layers.

Leave a comment:

• gianpaolo
    replied
    i know its going to bed cold, just wondering what the coldest has someone seen it so i know to prepare myself

also, when does it ice racing usually start ? and when is it held sundays or saturdays ?

Leave a comment:

• Whisper
    replied
    Re: Believe me ...

Originally posted by Champ98
    ... BTW this is NOT a demolition derby on ice ... most ice racers take their sport very seriously ...
    I think I'll have to come see one. Only exposure I've seen is Ferdinand's Ice Racing Video from Alberta.

Leave a comment:

• max attack
    replied
    How cold does it get?,umm you not from canada or something?.

- Cold enough to make ice
    -it's as cold there as it is outside
    -the cold is relative to the wind chill-kinda like 'well at least its a dry cold"

One thing many city folk forget is that it isn't a fashion show-bring warm clothing no matter how you look in it.

Leave a comment:

• gianpaolo
    replied
    how cold does it get?

Leave a comment:

• max attack
    replied
    Keyword "MOST" ice racers take it seriously!

Honestly though the wild ones either calm down after a season or 2 or don't come back.Most new guy's have the hardest time trying to figure out how/where to find some grip(including me,and I've been there since '96 )

Leave a comment:

• Champ98
    replied
    Believe me ...

It's the most fun you can have with your helmet on!

... BTW this is NOT a demolition derby on ice ... most ice racers take their sport very seriously ...

Leave a comment:

• Oddball
    replied
    $45/day/class

Leave a comment:

• RedRabbit Racer
    replied
    events are held in Minden Ontario off highway 35. Its about a two hour drive from Toronto depending on what part of the GTA you are coming from.

I recall the entry fee is about $50 for one class for one day.

Leave a comment:

• brokenparts
    replied
    How much are the events and where do they take place(aprox how far from TO?)

Leave a comment:

• gianpaolo
    replied
    sounds good ,thanks

just reading the rules now

Leave a comment:

Working...
X