Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tbayiceracer
    replied
    Well....I've got the reply from my rep and he's going to be joining us at the AGM and Banquet.

However, I'm not going to suggest the program at all to him. I'm going to leave that up to you guys. While the majority of those polled would agree with the reduced costs, the vocal majority seems dead set against change.

The idea is out there......now it's up to you to take advantage of it.

Leave a comment:

• max attack
    replied
    In the summer I autox(not too much this year but...)and in the winter I ice race-I for one don't want to try and combine the 2.Ice racing has no place for cones-they will just end up everywhere and cost time for cleanup before every race.
    Also if nearly everyone is already using blizzacks tractionised then whats the big deal about them providing discounts and continuing to modify them?,sounds like a simply marketing thing that has potencial to cost us little race guys more money.
    Remember that guys have truck loads of usable tractionized tires that would be useless if not allowed to use them-and then we'd have to go out and buy all new at once.

Count me out please,I've won a class championship on yoks(one set for the whole season,not fresh ones every other weekend like some guys) so I don't need to support bridgestone.

Leave a comment:

• rubber2ice
    replied
    I actually feel the cost, in this instance is secondary.

I believe this to be a tremendous opportunity to have a major corporation get involved with our series, albeit, I imagine, on a regional level.

This has good written all over it.

As for the bank running, would it not be possible to place pylons around the outer banks to prevent bank running?

You knock the cones over, save for accidents, then you get penalized. Define the track borders with pylons.

Later, T.

Leave a comment:

• Red Barchetta
    replied
    I remember when I raced tractionizers were few and far between. Some guys or clubs that had them only let a favoured few access to them. Even when I offered to pay for the service they said "sorry too busy or it's only for club members". Because of this I only tractionized my tires once at the start of the season, that was it. So I think it's a good idea, maybe level the playing field a bit.

Leave a comment:

• Do It Sidewayz
    replied
    I'm curious as to how many people actually pay full pop for tires....

it really doesn't take much talking and you can get tires for around cost without too much trouble. Usually for a sticker on the car, a dealer will give you tires at cost.

As far as running untractionized.....i dunno...there are some days when it's downright scary to run on Tractionized tires....i wouldn't even want to try running on untractionized tires.

It's also VERY often that on the most slippery days, BY FAR the most damage takes place. contrary to popular belief..when you have more grip (after studs) little damage takes place, because everyone is more or less in control. When you run on ice which looks like sheet of glass, the line between in control and not is SOOOO thin i don't even think you could cut it with a knife.

Also....if you introduce untractionized tires in Minden you are going to see ALOT of people running the banks. Simply because using the bank as a buffer will be ALOT faster than puttering around on the inside in full control. Right now we have maybe one weekend a year when running the banks is the "in" thing. I think we can deal with that...running the banks every weekend on the other hand....you will see alot of people give up and go home

Leave a comment:

• Lee519
    replied
    As everyone knows, tou can buy your way into the front pack by keeping fresh tires on the car. We added a new pair of tires to the mix every other weekend last year and finished in the top five.

I'm hoping to run street studs class this year in Minden. If SS doesn't happen, I'll run rubber.. I imagine the points spread would be closer.. But I'd still have to say I'm indifferent.. If i don't spend the money destroying brand new tires, I'll surely spend it at the Rock Cliffe.

Leave a comment:

• P.Po
    replied
    I would be very interested with the same caveat. If everybody else runs untracionized, I would jump at the chance to spend 50% less on tires.

I know of two other Ice Racers, that don;t read this board, who would also be interested.

-Patrick

Leave a comment:

• tbayiceracer
    replied
    I totally understand that it would take everyone to do this. I'm just trying to get a feeling for what the majority of the racers in Minden would like. I'm not going to suggest our rep talking to you guys about it if he's going to recieve major resistance.

Leave a comment:

• max attack
    replied
    Being a competitive kinda guy the only way I'll run an untractionized tire is if everyone runs them that way.

Leave a comment:

• AnarchyAutoSports
    started a poll Rubber to Ice

Rubber to Ice

Yes
    80.00%
    No
    20.00%

The poll is expired.

Hey guys:

The TBAC will be down to the AGM this year (make sure there is lots of beer on hand) and we may be bringing our rep from Bridgestone along.

Would you be interested in getting sponsorship from Bridgestone? I know he might be interested in expanding the program we have in place up here, however there is a catch. You can't modify the Blizzaks at all. That means no tractionizing of the tires. The upside is that you would be paying about 50% less for a Blizzak.

Let me know, so I can slide the question his way if you are truly interested.
Working...
X