Something Ain't Right....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something Ain't Right....

It's now September 17,2004. I've just finished prepping my ice racer for this year!!

Got a nice shiney coat of paint (ok....actually it's flat black ), new motor, and new go fast bits.

There is a reason for this...as i am running it in the Rallysprints this weekend in Bancroft.

But the plan is to drop the car at the cottage on Sunday Night and leave it there until January!
    Chris
    Old School Motorsports

Sept 17, pssht! Kinda late in my books. The Celica was done by the first of May.

The Subie should be good on the gravel. Hope your weekend goes well.
    Gary

Comment

Don't bug me.
      It ain't Christmas yet!
      "Love thine enemies, it scares the hell out of them"
      "You never have enough gas until you're on fire!" Ken Schrader NSCS

Comment

weekend went awesome.

I was actually posting competitive times with a 300hp Impreza

I beat one of the drivers, and not the other. I placed 2nd in Class 4, which is all 4wd Turbo Vehicles (Impreza, WRX, Legacy Turbo, Audi 4000, Talon)
        Chris
        Old School Motorsports

Comment

Crusher: by the time Christmas comes, we'll be finished the SECOND car. For gosh sakes, man, get with the program! Winter's coming! I can just feel it!

Chris: Great to know the good result. Now that the Subie is known to work on gravel, are you sure you want to run it on the ice?........That Subie is just way too fast, so I was kinda thinkin you'd look good in one of those Volvos......or, maybe a rustang? Oh yes, a rustang, on rubber. You'd look so good......

(Just kiddin', just kiddin')
          Gary

Comment

Haha...i've actually got a twin to my ice racer, which i'm working on right now...it's being prepped for Performance Rallying...we are hoping to make it to Tall Pines this year.

this new car will be even faster than the old one. with proper suspension (bilstiens), seam welding, and a cage which resembles a jungle gym.
            Chris
            Old School Motorsports

Comment

Hey Chris,
              I've only recently heard of this Rallycross thing, and it's got my attention. Am I correct in assuming that unlike rally, your car doesn't need to be street legal? What kind of classes are there and what is the competition like? It sounds pretty interesting, and I like the idea of getting to slide around while it's still above freezing.

Andrew
              Andrew Vernon -#181
              1986 MR2 - (spinning out in a race near you)
              1989 All-Trac - (on sabbatical)

Comment

common out...the next event is on October 17th..

here's a link to check it all out

http://www.mlrc.ca/rallycross/

almost like Solo2 on gravel...but alot more fun than solo2.

come out and have a pile of fun.

There's pics and everything on that website...
                Chris
                Old School Motorsports

Comment

haven't even touched my car yet... really need to fix the hole in the passenger side floor oh and reinforce the front!!!
                  Lisa Shaw
                  Class 2 #185

Comment

Yeah its weird-I dragged the super fast colt out and after a weekends work it doesn't leak oil out the oil pan anymore,has a lexan side window replacing the broken one now too.

There might even be time this year to weld the rear shock that rusted and fell off its 1st year,after that maybe I can find a way to make it faster!!

Comment

Originally posted by max attack
                      after that maybe I can find a way to make it faster!!
                      Put gas in it? Really hard to push it around the track.

But on another note, I just got back from Houston where it was in the mid 80's all week then I come home to this??? Wow can't wait for the snow and ice.

Comment

No worries crusher-I've never run out of fuel in the 9 years I've been there so why start now?.

As for getting pushed around the track-not a chance since you can't push what ya can't catch! (1500cc of fury,I kinda wish the front strait was a little shorter every now and then )

Comment

So:

Work proceeds on the fast but rusty Colt. (I really like the 1500 cc of fury bit....)

Dave thinks of snow after returning from Houston.........

Methinks Ice race season approaches, and so it may now be time to announce the good news.

We've completely lost it, and acquired another car. A Toyota, of course, '89 Corolla SR5 to be exact. (A nice solid car, unlike that swiss cheesey Colt, or those tacky VW's! ) Only problem is it doesn't run too well, and needs a clutch. Never fear though, we can fix it so it will be fast! And, Dave, we're gonna need a bit more room in the pits for a real race car (Class 3 competitors may now start laughing.......)

Never mind. We're having a ton of fun. Last Saturday was "gut the Toyota" day. Parts flew off the car and on to the driveway. Made quite a pile. So, we weighed up all the stuff we took off the car. 263 lbs! It's gonna be so fast without all that stuff.......uh, provided we can get it to run right........

Anyhow, stay tuned. Anyone out there with experience on Toyota 4AF engines with those weird feedback carburetion systems? We may need your help.
                          Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary
                            So:

unlike that swiss cheesey Colt, or those tacky VW's!
                            Tacky??? And how many races did you win last season? Our TACKY VW's each won one. How many did yours win? Speaking of tacky, that reminds me to go over the welds on the fenders of our tacky VW's cause they were just tacked on. Guess you're right.

As for room in the paddock, we got you a nice spot, in Canarvan. LOL.

Hey MDR and MMS have a few more cars also. I think we are up to 11 cars and 18 drivers. We may run our own class. LOL

Comment

Hi Gary,long time no talk to eh?.

So the celica's all ready to go?,the SR5 should make a decent rubber car,I had a '89 gts corolla and they are a nice little car.Might be a little too soft suspension wise,even the gts was soft and wallowy.

As for the colt,I'm still looking for that damn rear shock that fell off a couple years ago to weld back on,I need to weld some metal back in the front strut towers to keep them from collapsing as well.I've made a spring rate change that I hope helps and I'm going to try a different front tire size to change the gearing for the better I hope-(shugs).Not much I can do to help in power department,guess I'll have to reach down deeper to find the extra speed-not sure how much deeper I can go since I was allready out braking carol by 10 car lengths when running 1st and 2nd after studs last year!
                              Not sure how many events I'll run but I hope a certain red civic(or the crx,whichever she decides to drive)finishes behind me consistantly
                              I for one would like to see Dan win the class this year-its his turn for sure!.

Comment

Working...
                              X