High mount brake light rules question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High mount brake light rules question

Hello all. I just started prepping the new car, an 88 CRX (ooh, is that fear I smell?), and I have a question.

I know the rules state that you must remove all exterior lights and glass. The CRX has a high mount stop light built into the rear hatch. It's in a location where it would not be at risk of breaking in an impact. Do I still have to remove it? It would be MUCH brighter than any other brake light I could mount on the inside.

Jody

here's a picture of the rear of a CRX:

"...and another thing, when I gun the engine, I want people to think the world is coming to an end!" ---Homer Simpson

Jody

If you remember all our Festys still had there third lights, and couple years ago My brothers buddy had a CRX with one still in the hatch, hell there were cars last year still running with tailights filled with foam!
    Ice Racing will always be a Black art! So ... In order to finish first, ... first you must Finish!

CASC-OR Ice Race Director
    Toronto Autosport Club Ice Race Organizer
    Minden Kin Club Member
    District 8 Secretary Kin Canada
    Car Number 1
    sigpic

Comment

Re: High mount brake light rules question

Originally posted by jodz
      [B]Hello all. I just started prepping the new car, an 88 CRX (ooh, is that fear I smell?)
      No just a dead rat under the back seat.

See you in turn one Jodz!
      Perry Iannuzzi
      Past President
      Canadian Automobile Sport Clubs -Ontario Region

Comment

It is out of the impact zone so use it.
        The same with the Ford Focus, I don't see removing any back lights.
        "Love thine enemies, it scares the hell out of them"
        "You never have enough gas until you're on fire!" Ken Schrader NSCS

Comment

Thanks guys. I figured as much...... See you on the track.
          "...and another thing, when I gun the engine, I want people to think the world is coming to an end!" ---Homer Simpson

Comment

quote:
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Originally posted by jodz
            [B]Hello all. I just started prepping the new car, an 88 CRX (ooh, is that fear I smell?)
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No just a dead rat under the back seat.
            CRX, Perry. No backseat.

SS
            Please PM for inquiries regarding the Shannonville Endurance Grand Prix Plenary Committee.

Comment

Yep the brake light is way higher than the front bumper of my colt so you should be fine.

Comment

So Max what you're saying is you'll be behind him (Jody) all the time?
                "Love thine enemies, it scares the hell out of them"
                "You never have enough gas until you're on fire!" Ken Schrader NSCS

Comment

Nope,only on the way to turn 1-I'm a demon on the starts!

Actually with the crx he has way more power than the colt so unless I can get thru the twisty bits quicker than Jody I'll be seeing tailights down the strait.Thats when the front bumper of the colt close to the other cars-they just seem to brake to early for some reason!

Comment

Working...
                  X