Scrutineers Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lexan will not shatter like glass.

And as far as I can see in the rule book it is legal!
    Dave

Comment

Lexan will not shatter, but it will break, when it's very cold.

Lexan is the trade name, the actual material is called Polycarbonate, and there are a couple of different manufacturers.
      Best to use 3/16, for a windshield and if you contact a sign supply place, you could likely get it in roll stock.

If you have a business, order it under that, you likely will get better pricing.

East west Plastic 416-635-6500
      EM plastic 416-665-6500
      Are 2 places that carry Polycarbonate, in roll and sheets.

If you do use Polycarbonate, be aware that your windshield wipers won't take long to scratch a nice pattern in it.

If you can a windshield from a wrecking yard, that may be a better option.

T.

Comment

Lexan has been used in the past as long as it is braced inside as in NASCAR.

Be prepared for vision issues after using the wipers. They will also be scrutineered.
        Ice Racing will always be a Black art! So ... In order to finish first, ... first you must Finish!

CASC-OR Ice Race Director
        Toronto Autosport Club Ice Race Organizer
        Minden Kin Club Member
        District 8 Secretary Kin Canada
        Car Number 1
        sigpic

Comment

When I was running the purple civic in studs I rolled it the 3rd weekend-broke the windsheild of course.Luckily I had a part sheet of lexan at home and I replaced the glass that night with it,back racing on sunday.

The next weekend I was pinched into the bank in the kink by a backmarker while flatout in the top of 2nd gear,dukes of hazzard 6 or so feet in the air(steve in the crx went under me before coming back down!)and landed flat on the roof.Guess what,the lexan popped a few rivets but other wise survived without a mark.
          I personally would much rather have a well urethaned and riveted in lexan piece over glass-having done it both ways!

By the way I love the idea of getting scutineering outa the way prior to the start of the season.I also just found out that the clubs tractionizer is out of commision untill after the 8th,can another club have theirs on site to rent?(on the scrutineering weekend)

Comment

Originally posted by max attack
            By the way I love the idea of getting scutineering outa the way prior to the start of the season.I also just found out that the clubs tractionizer is out of commision untill after the 8th,can another club have theirs on site to rent?(on the scrutineering weekend)
            I'll see what I can do for the 8th and 9th.
            "Love thine enemies, it scares the hell out of them"
            "You never have enough gas until you're on fire!" Ken Schrader NSCS

Comment

once the lexan has been damaged by the wipers, can it be buffed out?

Does Rain-X work on lexan?

Comment

Originally posted by jodz
                Damn.....that was $500 I didn't want to spend. Damn again.....

Well, better to fix it now than show up and not be allowed to race.

:-)

JT
                Jodz,
                My windshield guy can get offshore glass and install it for around $230.00 -$240.00* + tax (or cash, you didn't hear that from me) here at the shop. He does a great job and we've used him for all our racecars for 3 years now.

*Honda glass pricing, other models may vary.
                Perry Iannuzzi
                Past President
                Canadian Automobile Sport Clubs -Ontario Region

Comment

Ok thanks crusher,it would be much nicer to tractionize the weekend before-trying to do a pair of tires the 1st day is hell.(and running on non tractionized tires just sucks )

Comment

Working...
                  X