No announcement yet.

Street Stud Class Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imagine trying to score and time 5 different classes in one race ...
    Ice Racing will always be a Black art! So ... In order to finish first, ... first you must Finish!

CASC-OR Ice Race Director
    Toronto Autosport Club Ice Race Organizer
    Minden Kin Club Member
    District 8 Secretary Kin Canada
    Car Number 1
    sigpic

Comment

Fwd is faster than awd?????

Don't think so,having been a front runner in both classes I think I can so with this with confidence.There's no doubt in my mind that Chris could win the shootout from a lap down-in fact I'd be surprised if he couldn't.

Comment

so....we still having SSC run with Class 1 and 4????
        Chris
        Old School Motorsports

Comment

Originally posted by Do It Sidewayz
          so....we still having SSC run with Class 1 and 4????
          Oh oh...i think i smell smoke coming from Daves ears!!

Decisions, decisions...

No wonder its so hard to get a Director....

Tony
          "Got a Dent or a Ding? Give us a Ring"
          Auto Cosmetic.Com- Your #1 choice in Paintless Dent Removal
          Lease coming due?
          Save hundreds in repair costs- we fix the dents without bodywork or repainting!
          416 948 4554
          Mississauga, Vaughn and Scarborough locations

Comment

ok.....

i understand what you are saying about it's up to Organizers decision.

Right now it looks as if SSC has a dedicated slot in the schedule.

And as much as i looked...In the rulebook, and the SSC ammendment....nowhere has it been written that with less than 10 cars they will run with Stud classes.....

so....i believe the only people who can change the Schedule of a weekend are the stewart, and we do have a rule saying no metal to ice and rubber to ice cars on the track at the same time.

so i'm not sure if there is a "street stud rule change" even needed..i prolly wasted about 1,200 words on nothing
            Chris
            Old School Motorsports

Comment

Originally posted by Do It Sidewayz
              ok.....
              so i'm not sure if there is a "street stud rule change" even needed..i prolly wasted about 1,200 words on nothing
              But you have increased you typing ability.

The schedule stands as is, with a seperate SSC set of races. Class 4's will have to chase Class 1's.

Always watch the window for other schedule changes and fist thing at the driver's meetings. For the Rookies the "Window" is at the track on the trailer where registration and scoring is done.
              "Love thine enemies, it scares the hell out of them"
              "You never have enough gas until you're on fire!" Ken Schrader NSCS

Comment

Dave,
                We come to the race to have fun.That is most of us.
                Why not let us have fun.
                I come to the race to have fun, that is to race.
                If I do not know I could race or not until after the registration,I do feel cofortable to come to race SS class.
                Why not garantee SSC have their own race no matter what,it's scheduled anyway.
                You promote SS calss more,because whoever willing to race SSC
                is garanteed to race beside whatever other class he or she may want to run.

If anybody agree to my opinion please send PM to dave, so he can make up his mind.
                Kiyo
                Car #125

Comment

Mmmmmmmmmmm, that's what it says in the post above yours. The schedule stands as is with SSC getting their own races.

Look up, not way up, but up. We cannot fit them in anywhere else. Just wish there were more of them. 6 racers is pretty weak but hopefully more will join in as the season progresses.

Comment

Sorry Dave,I was not reading properly.
                    Kiyo
                    Car #125

Comment

Mr. walker makes 7

Comment

That makes my heart warm. Now pray for cold.

Comment

How many of the SS'ers are FWD?

I was intending to install a bar or cage regardless of the SS class happening.. I've seen many rubber cars on their lids over the last two years.. Being my third season, i figure I'm due.. Perhaps the added cost of the chassis prep will limit the size of this class.. Hopefully not though, with all the foam padding and a case of beer for the fabricator, I figure I have about $200 into my cage..

In the event that I feel rich and would like to run SS, AND 3/13 int the same weekend, is it possible to get time for tire changes? If so, how would I arrange it?

thanks

-Lee

Comment

if you want to run both.

all you need to do is talk with probably the Clerk, and the Scruitineer before hand.

There is a section int he rulebook where they need to give you 10-15 mins to change tires.
                            Chris
                            Old School Motorsports

Comment

Originally posted by Perfectionist51
                              How many of the SS'ers are FWD?

I was intending to install a bar or cage regardless of the SS class happening.. I've seen many rubber cars on their lids over the last two years.. Being my third season, i figure I'm due.. Perhaps the added cost of the chassis prep will limit the size of this class.. Hopefully not though, with all the foam padding and a case of beer for the fabricator, I figure I have about $200 into my cage..

In the event that I feel rich and would like to run SS, AND 3/13 int the same weekend, is it possible to get time for tire changes? If so, how would I arrange it?

thanks

-Lee
                              After the driver's meeting each day you talk to the Chief Grid Marshal and tell them when and how. They will make a note and we will wait for you as long as it's not half an hour.

We also have people running in two seperate classes. They are running 2 and 3 with two seperate cars so their crew will bring the car to grid. Sometimes the races are back to back. We will compesate for this.

So go buy those tires.

Comment

Originally posted by Crusher45
                                So go buy those tires.
                                They're sitting on the trailer waiting for some cold weather.

Comment

Working...
                                X