No announcement yet.

Lights....Love em??? Hate em??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overall I liked the lights idea. I had no problem seeing them when they were flashing or on solid. The problem was, after studs with all the snow flying I couldn't have seen the lights, let alone a 6' Marshall waving a flag on the bank.
    Dave, I know you'll be working on ways to make sure the majority of the drivers are happy with the system, you won't please everyone, but overall, I'm happy with them and I'll drive accordingly. Yes they could be larger and offer a better range of view. But overall, they work.
    Perry Iannuzzi
    Past President
    Canadian Automobile Sport Clubs -Ontario Region

Comment

What Chris said...

Dave:

i go with Chris's suggestions. in studded the whiteouts made the lights impossible to see. A waving flag would have been seen sooner.

The lights need to be larger and brighter, and flash faster. Chris summed it up exactly in his post.

i've seen lights used at all the stock car tracks around ontario, they are much bigger and brighter. what would it take to modify these to match??

Lights are definitely the way to go, especially when its that cold, but we have to make them more visible to suit our conditions better.

let the tweaking begin ..

tony
      "Got a Dent or a Ding? Give us a Ring"
      Auto Cosmetic.Com- Your #1 choice in Paintless Dent Removal
      Lease coming due?
      Save hundreds in repair costs- we fix the dents without bodywork or repainting!
      416 948 4554
      Mississauga, Vaughn and Scarborough locations

Comment

"Lights are definitely the way to go, especially when its that cold, but we have to make them more visible to suit our conditions better. "

The Kinsmen will be addressing this issue this week when we paint the backgrounds of the lights Flat Black with a bright "Jamaica Orange" Surround.

Think that may get more attention as to their locations ...
        Ice Racing will always be a Black art! So ... In order to finish first, ... first you must Finish!

CASC-OR Ice Race Director
        Toronto Autosport Club Ice Race Organizer
        Minden Kin Club Member
        District 8 Secretary Kin Canada
        Car Number 1
        sigpic

Comment

it's not soo much the backing boards...

You could have the backing boards a 4x8 sheet of plywood...and it wouldn't make any difference..it's the size of the "bulbs" themselves.
          Chris
          Old School Motorsports

Comment

I agree with the brghtening of the backing of the lights, maybe even paint the backing of the light black...that way any light that is on will more stand out against the black. Just a thought....being a newbie....probably better seen and not heard eh? lol
            If it ain't broke make it faster

1988 Subaru GL-10

Adam

Comment

Originally posted by Champ98
              "Lights are definitely the way to go, especially when its that cold, but we have to make them more visible to suit our conditions better. "

The Kinsmen will be addressing this issue this week when we paint the backgrounds of the lights Flat Black with a bright "Jamaica Orange" Surround.

Think that may get more attention as to their locations ...
              Just a thought here, but what about mounting another light right beside the ones you have so there's two reds and two yellows as a quick solution?
              Perry Iannuzzi
              Past President
              Canadian Automobile Sport Clubs -Ontario Region

Comment

Great idea!

Originally posted by Director
                Just a thought here, but what about mounting another light right beside the ones you have so there's two reds and two yellows as a quick solution?
                And if you mounted it at a slight angle to the first one you would increase the range of viewability as drivers approach the board.

Tony
                "Got a Dent or a Ding? Give us a Ring"
                Auto Cosmetic.Com- Your #1 choice in Paintless Dent Removal
                Lease coming due?
                Save hundreds in repair costs- we fix the dents without bodywork or repainting!
                416 948 4554
                Mississauga, Vaughn and Scarborough locations

Comment

I,m thinking one step at a time here, and we'll see how the lights progress throughout the season.

For now lets just get the boards more noticable...

We're not about to do a complete re-design after only one weekend.
                  Ice Racing will always be a Black art! So ... In order to finish first, ... first you must Finish!

CASC-OR Ice Race Director
                  Toronto Autosport Club Ice Race Organizer
                  Minden Kin Club Member
                  District 8 Secretary Kin Canada
                  Car Number 1
                  sigpic

Comment

redesign eh....seems cheaper to me to just throw marshalls out there when it's warmer......cough cough...this weekend....cough cough.

when it's really cold like last weekend i'm sure we can all just adjust for a little while....and heck when it's that cold we aren't going that quick anyways, due to the lack of grip..

But when it's warmer out...there is more grip, and we end up going quicker....and marshalls can stand the moderately cold temps....so when it's warmer the simple solution might just be the old technology....flags.
                    Chris
                    Old School Motorsports

Comment

Originally posted by Do It Sidewayz
                      redesign eh....seems cheaper to me to just throw marshalls out there when it's warmer......cough cough...this weekend....cough cough.

when it's really cold like last weekend i'm sure we can all just adjust for a little while....and heck when it's that cold we aren't going that quick anyways, due to the lack of grip..

But when it's warmer out...there is more grip, and we end up going quicker....and marshalls can stand the moderately cold temps....so when it's warmer the simple solution might just be the old technology....flags.
                      Are you volunteering?
                      "Love thine enemies, it scares the hell out of them"
                      "You never have enough gas until you're on fire!" Ken Schrader NSCS

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Do It Sidewayz
                        [B]....seems cheaper to me to just throw marshalls out there when it's warmer......

Great idea!!!!.....YOU stand out on the snowbanks this weekend and marshall...

At The Feast of Ego, Everyone leaves Hungry.

Comment

no i'm not volunteering....i got a car to run.

and yes..i have done it before
                          Chris
                          Old School Motorsports

Comment

Ah see, the excuses come out like I'm too short, or it's still not warm enough, or I broke a finger nail, or I got a car to run.

Unfortunately we just don't have the staff for this weeeknd. You may want to ask DAC, they're next up.

"Love thine enemies, it scares the hell out of them"
                            "You never have enough gas until you're on fire!" Ken Schrader NSCS

Comment

Working...
                            X