driving courtesy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• driving courtesy

Some thing I noticed that are not being taught, or some drivers are simply unaware:

- you really shouldn't hit other cars repeatedly during practice (or at all during practice)

- if you do, you should appologize

- you really shouldn't hit other cars repeatedly during a race either

- if you do, you should appologize

- brakes are there so that you won't run into the car in front

I hope rookies are being 'observed'.
    ---

Otherwise a great day, Lisa S. and I had a great battle, with no contact during at least 8 laps - as it should be.

Daveg

Thanks Dave,Lisa did quite well for sure(did you notice we were right behind you at the checker of the last race?-woulda sucked to go a lap down to a chick eh? )You did ok with a fresh car.

I agree,this weekend alone we were hit repeatly from behind-not all were rookies,far from it in fact.In Lisa's race alone we got tagged 4 laps in a row going into turn 1 by people dive bombing to the inside.I seriously doubt any of them had a visit by an official,and I wasn't going to go whinning to the officials.

Honestly I'm getting kinda frustrated in rubber-seeing as the stud tire and street stud #'s are down I might think about a change for next year.

Comment

ya i was really gettin sick of being a ping pong ball.. especially in my first race on sunday.. i think i now have every colour of the rainbow on my car it was gettin pretty ridiculous of how many times certain drivers are hitting people repeatedly and not gettin penalized/talked to for it... sometimes it happens.. but as dave said.. go and appologize i had to do that once or twice this weekend its not always ur fault in particular.. but take the initative to say sorry (sorry again tony )
      Last edited by RSR Racing; 01-30-2005, 09:43 PM.
      Lisa Shaw
      Class 2 #185

Comment

Yeah, my car took a good s#$@-kicking this weekend too, and it seemed like the racing was rougher than usual. Side by side contact is sometimes unavoidable at places such as the kink, but I did see alot of dive bombing happening. The other thing that I found happened alot was people not giving reasonable racing room. I found myself getting pinched down alot when I had the inside line in a corner. This makes it seem like I'm trying to rub the other person out, when in fact, all I'm doing is holding my line and not giving up the position. If you know there's a car beside you, you have to give racing room. If you're not aware a car is there, get bigger mirrors. Another thing I saw alot was backmarkers agressively racing with the leaders as they were lapping them. If I'm fighting hard with someone for second place, I don't need the 15th place car trying to dive bomb me on the inside after I just passed him. I'm definitely not saying you should just move over and get out of the way, just be aware of whether you're racing for position or not.

I also had a really good race with Lisa in the 12/13 class on Saturday. Even though we weren't in the same class, it was great fun---you're a damn good driver Lisa. I gave you a couple of unintentional shots though---sorry about that (I was in the black CRX, #21).

Jody
        "...and another thing, when I gun the engine, I want people to think the world is coming to an end!" ---Homer Simpson

Comment

I learned something from today. Car #42 in the thick of things when going through lapped traffic beeped his horn and people moved over. Never seen that before.

I think to stop the dive bombing we might have to put out referee's at the end of the straights.

And to let everyone know our Clerks this past weekend talked to way to many drivers about their behavour on and off the track. Nearly every race today had at least one driver called to the trailer, if not two or three. This will stop!

Oh and anyone have a driver side door for a 1991 Golf they don't need? Yeah it got blasted the last race today.
          "Love thine enemies, it scares the hell out of them"
          "You never have enough gas until you're on fire!" Ken Schrader NSCS

Comment

Originally posted by RSR Racing
            go and appologize i had to do that once or twice this weekend its not always ur fault in particular.. but take the initative to say sorry (sorry again tony )
            Thanks Lisa, i know it was just a little slip and it didnt even leave a mark.

That kind of stuff happens to everyone, i know I've bumped into Robson a couple times the same way. Everyone allows for the small stuff- we are on ice after all..

As Jody and Tom have mentioned there was a lot more rough stuff this weekend, i know we had our alignment knocked out a couple of times just today. And the amount of crumpled fenders and broken bumpers made it look more like an end-of-season event. it looks like Dave "the enforcer" has his work cut out for him..

And i must also commend you on some fine driving- you've got the touch!

Tony
            "Got a Dent or a Ding? Give us a Ring"
            Auto Cosmetic.Com- Your #1 choice in Paintless Dent Removal
            Lease coming due?
            Save hundreds in repair costs- we fix the dents without bodywork or repainting!
            416 948 4554
            Mississauga, Vaughn and Scarborough locations

Comment

Originally posted by Crusher45
              Car #42 (the fin) in the thick of things when going through lapped traffic beeped his horn and people moved over.
              Yeah it works great, you may not listen to it but it seemed to help. I also cannot agree more with lapped cars fighting for their lap back(why?), but it made all races very entertaining, but unfortunatly rough at the same time, a few cars became quite the victim of aggrssive backmarkers that cannot hold the same line.

I agree that it was a great event, thanks to BARC for all their har work!

I won't applaud lisa's driving, i don't disagree but her head will be huge next weekend. haha (that and the crafty veteran himself was sitting besider her all day)
              Todd McCall - Team Fin

Comment

Thanks Dave,Lisa did quite well for sure(did you notice we were right behind you at the checker of the last race?-woulda sucked to go a lap down to a chick eh? )You did ok with a fresh car.

..the car may have been fresh at the start of the day, but it was waaay off by the end. I will check the alignment as I suspect it is toe-ed in quite a bit - that is the only explanation for how bad it was by the end of the day.

Last weekend and the first race this sunday were as expected, moving up 6-10 places each race. By the end, I think every car got by me, at least once.

George got clobbered in the class 3 race, by the same two or three cars - if we would return the favour it would only get worse out there.

daveg

Comment

I just noticed that there's 2 Lisa S.'s,mine is the one DaveG was refering to.Not to confuse two different people doing one great job!
                  My Lisa also had a coach,not sure how much my yammering helped mind you.

Comment

Oh and btw crusher its good to hear that some people are being talked to.I know it needs to be continued from weekend to weekend as the different clubs will have no idea who continues to make contact with other cars.
                    I will aslo echo Jodz comments,there are plenty of times I'd get up the inside of another car only to have them head for the inside bank.It's had to get slowed up in time to not tag them but at the same time that was also my space they invaded-not the other way around.Btw I'm talking about being on essentially the same line as the other car and not dive bombing the apex with no chance of holding my line.

Comment

I watched Days of Thunder for like the 90th time the other day and remembered this....

No, he didn't slam into you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you...he RUBBED you. And rubbin, son, is racin'.
                      Chris
                      Old School Motorsports

Comment

Yeah and I'm ok with that rubbin' a little bit part,not so with the spearing you mid corner-throttle buried of course.

Comment

Originally posted by max attack
                          Oh and btw crusher its good to hear that some people are being talked to.I know it needs to be continued from weekend to weekend as the different clubs will have no idea who continues to make contact with other cars.
                          I will aslo echo Jodz comments,there are plenty of times I'd get up the inside of another car only to have them head for the inside bank.It's had to get slowed up in time to not tag them but at the same time that was also my space they invaded-not the other way around.Btw I'm talking about being on essentially the same line as the other car and not dive bombing the apex with no chance of holding my line.
                          I am the glue that will keep it together week to week along with Sharon Feeney, Pat McDiarmid, Mike McDiarmid and Kyle Hingly. These are your support scrutineers that are also observers to inform the Clerks what is going on.

Also we do have a lot of rookies this year and without the triangles you do not know who they are, well some you can. I am not making excuses but please if you are done wrong and you get a number and you don't want to comfront them see me or the people listed here.
                          "Love thine enemies, it scares the hell out of them"
                          "You never have enough gas until you're on fire!" Ken Schrader NSCS

Comment

ya this two Lisa S thing was really confusing me.. especially cause were both in the same class!!... jody we had a good race!!.. a couple bangs.. no worries!! had lotsa fun! i think the reason y theres so much contact and nothing being said is because theres no marshalls on the corners any more to watch it happening.. it's all word of mouth.. and not many people wanna go whinning to the clerk... oh and what chris said is right.. rubbing is racing.. thats what bryan kept yelling at me in the car when i kept backing out!!!!
                            Lisa Shaw
                            Class 2 #185

Comment

rubbing is racing..

I would agree with that, but there was alot that was not just rubbing!!!!!
                              Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X