where are they now??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where are they now??

Anyone know the whereabouts of I believe his name is mike marsland?
    He had that orange mr2 that ran in studs a couple of years ago.

Also, anyone know whatever happened with that Swift that had the V6 shoehorned into it, I'd say 5 or so years ago now? It ran in studs.

Same guy that built that, also built a Cavalier that ran studs.

Those cars were really nicely built and I'm curious whatever became of them.

Be ashame if they were sitting in a field somewhere....TD

Re: where are they now??

Originally posted by rubber2ice
    Some of the F1200 guys who've been around a while might know where Mike Marsland is - I think he came to ice racing from F1200.

Scott

Comment

Terry , in 1998 there was a guy who had a Blue and silver Chevy Sprint aith a 2.8 v6 wedged into it....he works for Choko Motorsports Cascar team, last i heard (last summer) he still has the car, and it's sitting at his house.
      Todd McCall - Team Fin

Comment

2.8! I get mine soon!

Originally posted by Todd McCall
        Terry , in 1998 there was a guy who had a Blue and silver Chevy Sprint aith a 2.8 v6 wedged into it....he works for Choko Motorsports Cascar team, last i heard (last summer) he still has the car, and it's sitting at his house.
        #21 1985 Pontiac Acadian
        Class 1 & SS1 (RWD)
        TAC & TLMC
        [/URL]

Comment

Hey rod.. i got my truck out.. and it is ready to go.. 2.8 and all haha and it still turns over
          Josh Taylor
          Ice Racing
          Chevette hell yeah

BallzOut Racing

Nugold, The official oil of Engine Failure

Two Hard Boiled All Up In His Grill

Comment

Originally posted by rubber2ice

Also, anyone know whatever happened with that Swift that had the V6 shoehorned into it, I'd say 5 or so years ago now? It ran in studs.

Same guy that built that, also built a Cavalier that ran studs.

Those cars were really nicely built and I'm curious whatever became of them.

Be ashame if they were sitting in a field somewhere....TD
            I trade in Real Estate with Mike's mother Christiane Marsland of Marsland Real Estate out of Aurora. tel: 905-727-0271. I was chatting with her last week about Mike. Try her at that #.
            Damon Sharpe
            Realtor/Race Car Driver

Comment

Originally posted by Damon Sharpe
              I trade in Real Estate with Mike's mother Christiane Marsland of Marsland Real Estate out of Aurora. tel: 905-727-0271. I was chatting with her last week about Mike. Try her at that #.

Wow - talk about "6 degrees of separation". small world...

now lets try it for Roger Penske- i heard he has a couple of old champ cars lying around. -Specials and modified baby!!

Tony
              "Got a Dent or a Ding? Give us a Ring"
              Auto Cosmetic.Com- Your #1 choice in Paintless Dent Removal
              Lease coming due?
              Save hundreds in repair costs- we fix the dents without bodywork or repainting!
              416 948 4554
              Mississauga, Vaughn and Scarborough locations

Comment

Here's one for you Terry. Twin engine Tercel that ran in studs,built by Ralph from Peterborough and purchased by Bob Donnely from Toronto. Bob ran it in rubber one year and beat it up pretty bad. Then Bob's brother who I believe was in the armed forces took the car out west! I wonder where it is now????
                BLR

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan Rashleigh
                  Here's one for you Terry. Twin engine Tercel that ran in studs,built by Ralph from Peterborough and purchased by Bob Donnely from Toronto. Bob ran it in rubber one year and beat it up pretty bad. Then Bob's brother who I believe was in the armed forces took the car out west! I wonder where it is now????
                  I think i heard this thing was still out there! Have to ask Bob the next time we are talking
                  Chris
                  Old School Motorsports

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan Rashleigh
                    I happen to meet Ralph before I ever dreamed of ice racing a couple years ago. He works at a Chrysler dealship in Ptbo. I wasn't sure to belive him when he told me about this twin engined car. He said they never really got it work well. Had a hard time syncronizing the engines. But I asked a couple of ice racers I did know, and now this posting. Surprising the car did exist. Maybe he knows what happened to it.

Comment

From what I remember Ralph's first time out with the car was 1992 at Kawartha Downs and at that time he did have trouble getting both engines to kick down at the same time but he finally did get it and I thought it ran very well until he sold it.
                      BLR

Comment

Working...
                      X