We sadly lost a great motorsport racer tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We sadly lost a great motorsport racer tonight

My GOAT (Greatest Of All Time) Ahmad Khodkar, left us with his memories of smiles and his brutally quick blue Datsun 240Z.
    Who else comes to mind as a GT-1 top runner at a spirited age of 75 … win ice racing repeatedly at 80 … travel every year to drive the Nürburgring just to stretch his muscles for the upcoming race season?
    I’ll remember him for teaching me to feel “comfortable sideways” in the wet, enjoy every lap, and to cherish each victory.
    You will always be missed my friend.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Daria91; 08-11-2021, 12:47 AM.

Hard core. Such a loss
    sigpic
    Pro Tour Truck

Doug

Comment

Had the honor for several years of working with this tremendous racer and his Blue Datsun. Car could be somewhat troublesome but Ahmad always would give 110% of himself and that little car when he was on the track. Rest In Peace my Friend, Gods Speed.
      Norman Wallace
      310 S & T Technician

Comment

A great racer and a great man you will be missed RIP

Comment

Sad to see this. I first met Ahmad in Solo 1 sometime in the 80’s. More recently I enjoyed our time together as competitors under the BC Race Cars canopy. He was a lifelong racer with a passion for the sport whom I think cherished every moment behind the wheel. Lots of stories and perspective. I’m glad to have known him. RIP.

Comment

Sad to hear RIP from James, David and Johnathan King. We were talking about him at the recent BARC Race (July2021)

Comment

Originally posted by Norm61 View Post
              Had the honor for several years of working with this tremendous racer and his Blue Datsun. Car could be somewhat troublesome but Ahmad always would give 110% of himself and that little car when he was on the track. Rest In Peace my Friend, Gods Speed.
              He's a video of Ahmad giving it 110% as he's chased by a Viper. Hope this YouTube link works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KPx...cs2NvXEx1Ab3OF

Comment

Sad news. I had the privilege of helping Ahmad with his 240. Fierce competitor, class act, and a great friend. RIP

Comment

I was always glad to see Ahmad at the track. I didn't know him personally but definitely knew of him. My first memory of racing was my first race weekend in 2008 or so lined up close to the back of mock grid. This cammed out car rumbled past me to take his spot on the mock grid and I remember thinking I don't belong on the same track as this beast!

Comment

For those who knew Ahmad, there will be a funeral service held at Kane-Jarrett Funeral Home in Thornhill
                    8088 Yonge St. on Saturday August 21st
                    From 10am to noon.

Comment

An update to Ahmad's visitation this Saturday.

You will not find an official obituary posted. I called the Funeral director and asked. Often families do not wish to have one published. There are no directions for donations or condolences at this time. He did indicate that the public would be welcome from 10:00 to 11:30.

Mike Nilson
                      President, Deutscher Automobil Club

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ahmad.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	460029

Comment

Working...
                      X