Soliciting suggestions for 2022 Race Regulations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soliciting suggestions for 2022 Race Regulations

Work has already started on the 2022 Race Regs. Racers and teams are important stakeholders in the process. So I am asking if anyone has suggestions, send them to Race Director Ray Arlauskas or myself for review for inclusion.

Thank you
    Richard Muise
    2003-present:GT-D/4/5;FWD Ice Racer
    2010-present:Clerk of the Course/IMSA Scrutineer/Steward
    President, Ottawa SportsCar Club

Include all Pirelli series registered drivers on Pirelli tires in the cash points payout. No minimum races or minimum total points. Anyone who has bought tires should get something back for participating with no restrictions. The exclusions are not a motivation for drivers to attend more races. We all do what we can already.

Remove bonus points for attending multiple race tracks. All the front running drivers are usually at all races and the rest come when they can. It does not change the final top positions and just adds further spread to the other drivers. Again, we all attend all the races we can, this is not a motivator for attending more races.

Update and release series standings within 1 or 2 weeks of each race weekend. Final season final points are still not released 4 weeks after season is done.

sigpic
    Pro Tour Truck

Doug

Comment

Thanks Doug.

BTW, I think the year-end points have been posted, but have a confusing name. The Celebration 2021 Points file seems to have the 2021 championship results. https://www.casc.on.ca/sites/default...ts%20Celeb.pdf
      Richard Muise
      2003-present:GT-D/4/5;FWD Ice Racer
      2010-present:Clerk of the Course/IMSA Scrutineer/Steward
      President, Ottawa SportsCar Club

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Muise View Post
        Thanks Doug.

BTW, I think the year-end points have been posted, but have a confusing name. The Celebration 2021 Points file seems to have the 2021 championship results. https://www.casc.on.ca/sites/default...ts%20Celeb.pdf
        Those are not the year end points as they do not include the additional bonus points the rulebook provides for drivers attending multiple racetracks.

I can see how this would be confusing, likely for everyone.
        sigpic
        Pro Tour Truck

Doug

Comment

Why are you penalizing people that want to race. The late fee of $110.00 is a deterent to enter. As Doug said we all get out when we can and sometimes a weekend or a day becomes available at the last minute. Rather than that, give racers that pay for 2,3 or 4 events a discount.
          Also the 1 day fee is ridiculously high.

Comment

I would like to see a larger last lap board at all events. The current ones are small with not enough contrast to the background. Not a big deal but would be a cost effective improvement .

Comment

Hello,

It is good there are extra points for attending other tracks. it does encourage us to use other facilities and adds variety by exposing us to tracks with a different configuration of corners, set up and not just where HP is king. All classes deal with the "competitors" who should run their cars in a class or two higher. Very easy to just hammer it at the back straight at CTMP and collect the points. Calabogie, Shannonville and some other facilities focus more on the in field driving and set up instead, giving us the less HPed guys to be more competitive. Alternately we could ask that we need to race on slicks in the rain limiting the HP advantage to all but the AWD cars. Before I get impaled, please be advised CTMP is my favorite track in Canada.

HP to weight ratio charts could also assist in placing the cars in proper classes, similar to SCCA or NASA. this is just an idea.
              I agree with Doug about reducing the time the results are posted.

I second the opinion about removing the penalty for the late entry. How many times did any of us build the car the night before the weekend starts just so we can race. Now we are punished for it? A discount for multiple races is also a great idea.

...and yes, make the LL board visible, it kind of is but larger one would be an improvement.

Thank you

Marek
              325i GT3 # 54

Comment

Hello,

Since points are being discussed will a list showing the total points be posted anywhere? Please advise
                Thank you

Comment

Working...
                X