Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Proposed 2007 SoloSprint Rules

whatever

i'll proposition all of you from T1, its all over, you dont even have to come out, save money on gas

Last edited by thgear; 12-10-2006, 07:31 PM.
    set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

Because with this complicated dyno plot business. The clear advantage is to get rid of boost controllers and serious engine mods and go back to factory stock engine. But load up on tires and suspension and bracing the hell out of your chassis.

After all the engine power advantage is really only advantageous at the bigger tracks. Of which dunnville, shannonville, DDT are not.
      Car # 87 - 1989 Mazda Rx-7 TurboII Solo 1
      Way too many PIPs...

Comment

Originally posted by Cheers! View Post
        Because with this complicated dyno plot business. The clear advantage is to get rid of boost controllers and serious engine mods and go back to factory stock engine. But load up on tires and suspension and bracing the hell out of your chassis.

After all the engine power advantage is really only advantageous at the bigger tracks. Of which dunnville, shannonville, DDT are not.
        Shannonville is a pretty good power track... DDT is a clear torque track... and Dunnville - well - Dunnville isn't on the schedule anyway.
        Chris Atkins
        Member of the Road Course Mustang Brotherhood (1/2/2007)

06 Mustang GT (SGT3)
        07 Mazdaspeed3

(FOR SALE)
        91 Mustang GT SGT2

Gone to oil country!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris91GT View Post
          Shannonville is a pretty good power track... DDT is a clear torque track... and Dunnville - well - Dunnville isn't on the schedule anyway.
          Did you see the new arial pics of the track. I think they've improved the flow significantly - as far as the basic layout will let you anyways.

Check out the new Gilles curve, Len's, the stretched out chicane on the front straight and the Multimatic complex. There is even a perimeter course! Running counterclockwise would appear to have better flow than clockwise.

http://www.dunnvilleautodrome.com/circuit.htm
          CarGuy - Subaru BRZ #57
          sigpic
          Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting. Steve McQueen

Comment

Peter Clifford was there with Raven a couple of months ago, and he was raving about the improved flow. Someone else did an F2000 event, and loved the facilities.

Sounds like it would be worth checking out. Too bad we can't fit another Solo weekend into the schedule!
            sigpic
            Rob McAuley
            TAC President

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmmm... looks interesting. Maybe it is worth another look.
              Chris Atkins

06 Mustang GT (SGT3)
              07 Mazdaspeed3

(FOR SALE)
              91 Mustang GT SGT2

Gone to oil country!

Comment

As for all the dyno runs needed... My dyno will be installed within the next few weeks and I fully intend to have specific 'club nights' for all of us... HADA, SPDA, TAC, etc, etc...at reduced rates... I have the Dyno com, eddy current AWD machine that is by far, SUPER COOL !
                Have your club prez. PM me with the number of cars you may wish to come out,and we can discuss rates and nights available...
                Last edited by GOLF VR6; 01-05-2007, 02:52 PM.
                sigpic
                Derek T

Comment

Originally posted by GOLF VR6 View Post
                  As for all the dyno runs needed... My dyno will be installed within the next few weeks and I fully intend to have specific 'club nights' for all of us... HADA, SPDA, TAC, etc, etc...at reduced rates... I have the Dyno com, eddy current AWD machine that is by far, SUPER COOL !
                  Have your club prez. PM me with the number of cars you may wish to come out,and we can discuss rates and nights available...
                  BTW, I am signing on as a 2007 Solosprint sponsor, so let's get these cars tuned over the winter and ready for the tracks!
                  Winter?? I've already taken the Mustang out of storage!
                  Chris Atkins

06 Mustang GT (SGT3)
                  07 Mazdaspeed3

(FOR SALE)
                  91 Mustang GT SGT2

Gone to oil country!

Comment

Working...
                  X