Driver Suit ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driver Suit ?

I ordered a 3 layer driver's suit for use in my open wheel mod car. I'm wondering if I can do without fr. underwear with this suit since it has 3 layers. Anyone know?

Re: Driver Suit ?

Yes, with a 3 layer suid you do not need underwear (as long as the suit has a FIA or SFI cert). What kind of suit?
    Arek Wojciechowski
    8legs Racing, SPC #77
    http://www.8legsRacing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Janny View Post
      I ordered a 3 layer driver's suit for use in my open wheel mod car. I'm wondering if I can do without fr. underwear with this suit since it has 3 layers. Anyone know?
      Please... ...at least a pair of boxers.
      sigpic
      Pro Tour Truck

Doug

Comment

I'm going commando, baby!

The suit I ordered is GForce 505 sfi 3.2a/5

linky:

http://www.gforce.com/products/racingsuits/gf505.html

Comment

Good thing it's an open cockpit ... that thing is a sleeping bag apparently
          Arek Wojciechowski
          8legs Racing, SPC #77
          http://www.8legsRacing.com

Comment

Yeah, I know but I'd rather wear that than a combo that includes undies. Commando!

Comment

The only skidmarks that you will leave JUST MAY be IN the suit there, commando boy!

Comment

Originally posted by M-Power View Post
                The only skidmarks that you will leave JUST MAY be IN the suit there, commando boy!

Comment

The suit I ordered is GForce 505 sfi 3.2a/5
                  The sfi rating on this suit gives you 10 seconds of protection before a 3rd degree burn sets in. Nomex Underwear can add up to DOUBLE the time before you reach that 3rd degree owie...Basically, the '5' at the end of the 3.2a/5 should be doubled to get the time it takes... ie: 3.2a/10 will get you 20 seconds of protection... but THAT suit is $$$$$$$ ( F1 guys wear that stuff ) hope this info helps you in your decision...
                  sigpic
                  Derek T

Comment

I know that the suit doesn't offer a lot of protection, but it is already pretty thick. Adding yet another layer to it would make it almost insufferable in summer heat. And then there is the whole "Michelin Man" look. If I get too much bigger, I'm going to need to grease my a$$ to get in the car. Besides, I have an on board fire suppression system. Just pull the cable and pffft. Between the two, I feel like I am pretty well protected.

Comment

I'm going to need to grease my a$$ to get in the car.
                      I have seen those pictures.
                      sigpic
                      Pro Tour Truck

Doug

Comment

Eeewwwwweeeee! That's disgusting!

Comment

real drivers wear Addidas Superstars and loose easily ignitable clothing

set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

I know that the suit doesn't offer a lot of protection, but it is already pretty thick. Adding yet another layer to it would make it almost insufferable in summer heat. And then there is the whole "Michelin Man" look. If I get too much bigger, I'm going to need to grease my a$$ to get in the car. Besides, I have an on board fire suppression system. Just pull the cable and pffft. Between the two, I feel like I am pretty well protected.
                            lol Whatever dude... Michelin man or crispy critter... you pick the one you wanna be.... 10 seconds is ample time to get out...( unless you're unconscious, then the nomex/ michelin man thingy is starting to sound a little better no? )
                            sigpic
                            Derek T

Comment

Working...
                            X